05-29-09 03:39 PM
480 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Thanks for the status Patches hopefully this OS actually hits the streets.
    05-19-09 08:57 PM
    It will probably take VW two months to decide that its not a good enough candidate to be released. LOL
    It'll take 'em months but they will release it. Same day they release 5.0 and the Storm 2 tho reading the front page, that may not be much of a wait
    05-19-09 08:59 PM
    It'll take 'em months but they will release it. Same day they release 5.0 and the Storm 2 tho reading the front page, that may not be much of a wait
    IF it passes (i haven't seen it yet so i can't speak to it yet...) then we should have it as soon as two weeks, considering it takes average 10 days to test, and two more to release...
    05-19-09 09:01 PM
    Colorbanding was present in .75

Someone showed it, definately visible in the media app
    There is some color banding in every build. MUCH less so in builds earlier than .90. After .90, they all look like sh1t
    05-19-09 09:05 PM
    IF it passes (i haven't seen it yet so i can't speak to it yet...) then we should have it as soon as two weeks, considering it takes average 10 days to test, and two more to release...

is 10 days the average ? just curious but i have ran .141 since the night kevin posted it up, but only for the past 5 days has my phone started dropping calls, my signal is crap, and now i'm having constant camera problems(which i never had before) i'm on my phone all day due to my business.

though i'm one user, and i have NO idea how many beta testers verizon has, it seems like 10 days wouldnt be enough. for the first week and more, i praised the .141, now, i'm having constant issues. sorry to go off topic
    05-19-09 09:13 PM
    bottom line is, when i know, you guys know. at this moment i don't know squat, the change log isn't in my posession, and the build isn't loaded on a device i have access to, but the file is in the testing realm. that's all i have so far. as new information is gained, i will update the story at the link provided in the OP, and we can discuss in the forums there as well as over here...i just didn't wanna leave you guys in the dark as to what's going on internally...

and like i said, the fact that two .14x builds got through, seems decent to me. shows me that they're getting their stuff together over at RIM...
    Patches, I don't see any link in your OP. Can you take a look & add the link you're referring to please. Ty

~X
    05-19-09 09:15 PM
    man i hope this will be an official im getting tired of .75 but im scared of laked os i waited this long whats another 2 months
    05-19-09 09:16 PM
    sorry, my OP got nazi-fied...the guy who started the site i posted on is not on good terms with CB. i'll PM you the link.
    05-19-09 09:16 PM
    As long as it keeps getting better bring it on...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 09:22 PM
    Could you pm me the link also? Thanks

05-19-09 09:24 PM
    RIM lowered the quality of color gradient, aka color banding to improve speed and response time, to avoid lag basically...the screens are in color, just not as much detail and quality in stuff like wallpapers and themes...doesn't impact media
    I'm running a hybrid on one phone and .75 on another both using BB Pro Ver 3 theme. I can see no difference in the screens side by side.. .113 did have some light banding but was not noticeable on the orange theme. I saw no banding on .122, .132 or .141 on my phone.
    Is it possible banding isn't a device by device problem cause I'm just not seeing it myself. What I wish I would see is stability like I had in .113 and to a lesser extent .122. The later builds and hybrids are a nightmare for me that I hope .148 does not become part of if it makes it past testing.
    05-19-09 09:26 PM
    Could you pm me the link also? Thanks

need 10 posts to pm...
    05-19-09 09:27 PM
    need 10 posts to pm...
    Patches can PM the person, the person cannot PM patches because of <10 posts.
    Correct me if i'm wrong, however.
    05-19-09 09:31 PM
    didn't you say that these data sales reps or whatever who go to the stores just got .141?

.141 failed awhile ago. like over a week ago. why are they getting a build that is not being tested anymore? i'm not trying to discredit your points, because they are generally vaild, but i'm curious. did the BES team allow reps to upgrade to failed versions from testing or something? news to me, i don't deal with store reps and the people who support them.
    Typo so sue me.
    05-19-09 09:44 PM
    Horay! .141 is so stable and fast but sucks battery like..... well....

Hopefully we can get some of the flash of 141 and 132 work ethic.

To go back a couple of pages, as a guy who has worked in R and D, my 2 cents on the Storm 2 is it MIGHT see the Christmas rush. I heard street date of Sepetember, which we all know means November...which means 2010. VZW will let you upgrade after a year, so its cool, just don't upgrade that curve just yet.

Just my 2 cents. And yes, Im a creditless n00b.
    Last edited by kratzer; 05-19-09 at 09:48 PM.
    05-19-09 09:45 PM
    could you pm me that link also please?

Thanks
    Bubba
    05-19-09 09:45 PM
    Yes they have a 30 day Worry Free Guarantee but you pay a $35 restock fee.
    I have never seen a $35 restock fee. I know the literature I've gotten in the mail says love it or we pay the bill. Thats why its "WORRY FREE".
    05-19-09 09:46 PM
    No need to get defensive we just wanted clarification. Typos are how misinformation starts. Thx for responding.

05-19-09 09:47 PM
    Can someone send it? I'm @ dinner.

05-19-09 09:50 PM
    I have never seen a $35 restock fee. I know the literature I've gotten in the mail says love it or we pay the bill. Thats why its "WORRY FREE".

when i read the receipt the other day, it claimed you are ONLY charged a 35 dollar restocking fee IF.....you originally purchase a phone, return it, then within 3 days, purchase the SAME model phone once again.
    05-19-09 09:52 PM
    This is my 1st BB, but Ive had other smartphones. Are you saying that Verizon routinely updates the other BB's like the curve, on a regular basis?

My last phone was a WinMobile phone (on Verizon) and we never recvd an update thru Verizon, even though one was available. How often are the OS updates released for the other BB's?
    If you are talking about the supposed upgrade to the xv6700, that was not Verizon. WinMobile had and upgrade and HTC as usual did not apply it too the ir phones. That was a major upgrade btw unlike and update which is all we are asking for. There where many updates on all of VZW's WinMobile phones and they could be accessed by using the Windows Update app that has been on those phones since 5.5. Of course its buried just about as deep as our update button
    05-19-09 09:52 PM
    Can someone send it? I'm @ dinner.

lol......hopefully not a first date, i could see that now
    05-19-09 09:53 PM
    didn't you say that these data sales reps or whatever who go to the stores just got .141?

.141 failed awhile ago. like over a week ago. why are they getting a build that is not being tested anymore? i'm not trying to discredit your points, because they are generally vaild, but i'm curious. did the BES team allow reps to upgrade to failed versions from testing or something? news to me, i don't deal with store reps and the people who support them.
    I think your confused with the general hyarchy (sp!) of store structure in general. A data trainer is a store support individual who works under the branch of the data team (not to confused with 800 techs). They assist among other things in goal driven data sales on a store level as well larger client sales. They report to there prospective bosses who reports to the regional data director. They as well as "Certain" members of the B2B (Government accounts) are privey to VZW's latest data related news/devices/os's and the such.

BES team? I'm not sure I follow you here? Do you mean the actual team that deals with internal BES or the individuals that support client BES's? If the later it is actually for the most part defered to RIM. Internally the individuals that run/maintain the VZW BES would really have no say on what gets released internally or not. Though I'm sure there is a individual or group of individuals that purpose is to test that functionality.
    05-19-09 09:54 PM
    $35 restocking fee is if you do an exchange within 30 days for a different type of device.... if it is defective and you change for the same device you are not charged... also if you are VIP you will not be charged.... to avoid you have to return and go back to old phone, then wait 3 days, then re-purchase another phone
    05-19-09 09:54 PM
    I thought something along the same lines earlier when i read the Storm 2 rumor. If they hadnt released an update by the time it came out, sure as sh@t i'd be reverting to .75, marching straight to my nearest Verizon store and having a word with them about a free or heavily discounted upgrade. Granted, i'm already prepared for the uncontrollable laughing to follow my demands, but it would at least give me the chance to make a scene. I dont get to do that too often
    In my experience, if you just ask nice, and possibly talk to a manager, no laughing will ensue. If my local store can find a loophole in the system, I always get the new phone. Course I also get the new extended contract and the extra 20 bucks on the bill for the new wizbang feature.......
    05-19-09 09:55 PM
480 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD