.186 is the platform for .148 i believe...

nope, its .181

oak, we call that "misinformation" go YKW your source ASAP before it's no longer effective!!!
    05-28-09 10:59 PM

nope, its .181

oak, we call that "misinformation" go YKW your source ASAP before it's no longer effective!!!
    The weird thing is, as vague as radioguinea's last post is; he seems to be hinting at a "surprise", almost as if he's implying that something newer than .148 IS imminent for release, although that would really make no sense whatsoever since it hasn't entered testing.

The reason it gets me wondering is, he hints at a "surprise" and says that .148 is "ages old"

Of course, I could be reading completely into it, due to the fact that I am in the advanced stages of Storm OS addiction....
    Last edited by Dave12308; 05-28-09 at 11:23 PM.
    05-28-09 11:21 PM
    idk...i stopped trying to read into his posts, or anyone else...it got old. we'll see...
    05-28-09 11:24 PM
    Radio will be radio
    Fine-tuning to see if you can understand what he says is the only way you can hear his full words.
    05-28-09 11:29 PM
    Is anyone paying attention to the fact that Verizon announced today that it will be carrying the Palm Pre and Google's Android based phones plus something they referred to as a cousin of the Android. Is that a sign of their dissatisfaction with the BB phones? They really have released what amounts to a bunch of redundant devices lately and they can't get the Storm right.
    05-28-09 11:29 PM
    idk...i stopped trying to read into his posts, or anyone else...it got old. we'll see...
    Yeah, it's just a wait-and-see game anyways, much like many other aspects of the tech field. How many times have Windows release dates gotten delayed? Videogame release dates? Just part of the software game. Need for Speed for iPhone just released, it was due out last november. And that's only a game, not an OS. As far as I know, Gran Turismo 4 for PSP STILL isn't out, it was supposed to be a launch title.

To be honest, I find alot of your info to be the most useful; since your contacts actually are INVOLVED in the FINAL stage of testing. This is the make it or break it stage, so anything up to that point means little, anyways.
    05-28-09 11:35 PM
    Is anyone paying attention to the fact that Verizon announced today that it will be carrying the Palm Pre and Google's Android based phones plus something they referred to as a cousin of the Android. Is that a sign of their dissatisfaction with the BB phones? They really have released what amounts to a bunch of redundant devices lately and they can't get the Storm right.
    i disagree with your opinion, but i can see how someone can gather that idea from what they hear on this site...

VZW is extremely satisfied with the SALES of the storm, and that's the bottom line. as long as $$$ is good, they're happy.

about the fact that new devices are coming, they are always coming. VZW is finally getting into the "exclusive" or "first to have device xxxx" loop...which they've always been out of, based on mfgrs servicing GSM carriers first...but the fact that new devices are coming means nothing about their satisfaction/dissatisfaction with RIM devices...

blackberries are sold to keep the corporate contract users happy, since that's what a majority of them use. "consumer" blackberries don't exist. the concept exists, but the hardware and R/D hasn't fully matured yet. the storm is a half assed attempt at taking the existing platform and adding consumer "shiny things" to it...i don't consider the storm a "consumer device".
    05-28-09 11:37 PM
    Radio will be radio
    Fine-tuning to see if you can understand what he says is the only way you can hear his full words.
    *LOL* You could "tune in to radioguinea".....

Or, you could just "Ask Patches!"

--- drumroll ---

(I made a funny )
    05-28-09 11:37 PM
    i disagree with your opinion, but i can see how someone can gather that idea from what they hear on this site...
    I see your point. This site could be the source of giving the impression of the redundant devices.
    05-28-09 11:43 PM
    blackberries are sold to keep the corporate contract users happy, since that's what a majority of them use. "consumer" blackberries don't exist. the concept exists, but the hardware and R/D hasn't fully matured yet. the storm is a half assed attempt at taking the existing platform and adding consumer "shiny things" to it...i don't consider the storm a "consumer device".
    I have a feeling that eventually, RIM will release a consumer wireless device. But i'd also be willing to bet that it would be a seperate brand from Blackberry. We'll call it the "Plum" for sake of discussion.

The "Plum" would probably run a completely different OS, and offer no BES connectivity. Emails would be handled through BIS. Perhaps the device would support Activesync via an Exchange Server, to compete with iPhone. The device would probably be somewhat less secure than a Blackberry, however, it would probably also offer a much more conventional memory layout. It would likely offer full OpenGL ES support, and have an accelerated GUI. Also, it would probably make more sense to base it on a linux kernel, or some sort of UNIX kernel. In other words, it'd be alot like an iPhone, Pre, or Android device.

Of course this is all imagination leading to speculation, but I don't think there will ever be a consumer device carrying the Blackberry name.
    05-28-09 11:47 PM
    Double and triple bummer. I was hoping the offical release is beyond what was leaked. Lol! Like some new items included with the package.
    05-28-09 11:49 PM
    nah, .148 came straight from the testing lair of VZW its self...so what they have, we have. nothing special. at least we have a build worth being called "official"
    05-29-09 12:01 AM
    I have a feeling that eventually, RIM will release a consumer wireless device. But i'd also be willing to bet that it would be a seperate brand from Blackberry. We'll call it the "Plum" for sake of discussion.

The "Plum" would probably run a completely different OS, and offer no BES connectivity. Emails would be handled through BIS. Perhaps the device would support Activesync via an Exchange Server, to compete with iPhone. The device would probably be somewhat less secure than a Blackberry, however, it would probably also offer a much more conventional memory layout. It would likely offer full OpenGL ES support, and have an accelerated GUI. Also, it would probably make more sense to base it on a linux kernel, or some sort of UNIX kernel. In other words, it'd be alot like an iPhone, Pre, or Android device.

Of course this is all imagination leading to speculation, but I don't think there will ever be a consumer device carrying the Blackberry name.

well something will be branded "consumer" but it won't be any different...the BB is what it is, and will never change. eventually it will die, and we'll all be sad, but we're all gonna have brain implants to transmit info back and forth.

still no wi-fi or EMS support though
    05-29-09 12:04 AM
    I'm sorry if I anyone read into my post to much. I have said before, don't read into anything to much. You will set yourself up for disapointment. . The surprise was just that my "mole" was on the money. That's all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 05:54 AM
    I'm sorry if I anyone read into my post to much. I have said before, don't read into anything to much. You will set yourself up for disapointment. . The surprise was just that my "mole" was on the money. That's all

cool beans.. so now that we know .148 is coming, was that the one you and CX were talking about a couple of weeks ago? i seem to remember one of you saying something about it "not being .141" during all of the mayhem ...
    05-29-09 07:33 AM

VZW is extremely satisfied with the SALES of the storm, and that's the bottom line. as long as $$$ is good, they're happy.

about the fact that new devices are coming, they are always coming. VZW is finally getting into the "exclusive" or "first to have device xxxx" loop...which they've always been out of, based on mfgrs servicing GSM carriers first...but the fact that new devices are coming means nothing about their satisfaction/dissatisfaction with RIM devices...

I think the pearl is also an attempt at bringing smart phones to the consumer market. Even more with the pearl flip.

05-29-09 08:09 AM
    cool beans.. so now that we know .148 is coming, was that the one you and CX were talking about a couple of weeks ago? i seem to remember one of you saying something about it "not being .141" during all of the mayhem ...
    No, that was a different build.
    05-29-09 08:30 AM

nope, its .181

LOL, nothing he has given me has been accurate so it was very tongue and cheek when I posted that. Mostly bored at work
    05-29-09 08:37 AM

Well I am NOT disappointed myself personally...... since .148 is FTW!!!!!
    05-29-09 08:38 AM
    Well I am NOT disappointed myself personally...... since .148 is FTW!!!!!
    Its great for all the BES users who cant install leaks. this will bring them all up to where we all are.
    05-29-09 09:17 AM
    I can't wait! Next week should be exciting for all of us BES users.

05-29-09 09:23 AM
    I can't wait! Next week should be exciting for all of us BES users.

Very true for those that can not upgrade currently
    05-29-09 09:24 AM
    Its great for all the BES users who cant install leaks. this will bring them all up to where we all are.
    That's why an official release of .148 is FTW.... alot of folks in this forum tend to be greedy and forget about all of the BES users.
    05-29-09 09:26 AM
    That's why an official release of .148 is FTW.... alot of folks in this forum tend to be greedy and forget about all of the BES users.
    Besides the fact that if you've already upgraded, its easier to troubleshoot with tech over the phone if you have the "official" installed. They really dont like it when you have a leak installed.
    05-29-09 09:32 AM
    Besides the fact that if you've already upgraded, its easier to troubleshoot with tech over the phone if you have the "official" installed. They really dont like it when you have a leak installed.
    My VZW tech support guy actually told me to run a leaked OS. he informed me that every single employee in the store uses .148 now. they all recommend them to customers as well.
    05-29-09 10:38 AM
480 ... 17181920
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD