Does your contact in the testing group have any idea how testing is going? Any rumblings about any "fail" issues? With .141, we quickly knew about issues the seemed to be show-stoppers. It only takes one.
    05-22-09 12:32 PM
    network config info is determined by the carrier as part of prelim testing and feedback, then implemented by RIM into the software...but it's mostly hardware anyway...just small changes in s/w to fine tune it. VZW doesn't do it though.

ever noticed that each carrier gets a particular model number

etc...
    So those of us running .122 Telus official have software tuned to the Telus network, which obviously works on the VZW network, but may not be optimal for it?
    05-22-09 12:35 PM
    Patches....
    If this build gets passed
    How do you think it is best to get the masses...OTA or inform by some other means...? You know there will be so many people going WTF....WTH...

Just checking your thoughts
    05-22-09 12:53 PM
    So those of us running .122 Telus official have software tuned to the Telus network, which obviously works on the VZW network, but may not be optimal for it?
    honestly idk. i know that the software requirements for VZW and telus have different standards, but idk if the network frequencies are any different.

but for example .122 was approved by telus based on the fact that they don't have mms, and the other issues were minimal in their standards.

i'm pretty sure that all the carriers provide feedback and bugs, and they all pull from the same OS partner site from RIM.
    05-22-09 12:56 PM
    i'm in walnut creek, my freezer is in Concord, but i travel all around the bay daily just depending on where my clients are at, how bout you?
    Lucky folks, I used to live on TI, post-Clinton. I miss the sunsets, not the rent LOL
    05-22-09 01:02 PM
    Patches....
    How do you think it is best to get the masses...OTA or inform by some other means...? You know there will be so many people going WTF....WTH...

they will get OTA notifications if they've enabled them, email, sms, letters, tech support feedback from customer inquiries/troubleshooting, etc...all cylinders will be firing, that is why its so expensive.
    05-22-09 01:03 PM
    The whole reason why leaks occur because VZW wanted that way. Using us to test their product for free!!!!. They monitor the communities, get the feedback, and decide which one is official.

ahahha
    Yep. Such great feedback on here.."downloading now" "a lot snappier" "battery life sucks"

Where would they be without these gems?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 01:05 PM
    Yep. Such great feedback on here.."downloading now" "a lot snappier" "battery life sucks"

Where would they be without these gems?

a lot of the user feedback COULD be productive, not so much for finding bugs, but suggestions for improvements, "flick scrolling" blah, blah, blah...but everyone is too busy flaming or ranting...and IF someone comes up with a good idea, they don't take the initiative to get that idea to the people who can do something with it.

whateva...
    05-22-09 01:07 PM
    a lot of the user feedback COULD be productive, not so much for finding bugs, but suggestions for improvements, "flick scrolling" blah, blah, blah...but everyone is too busy flaming or ranting...and IF someone comes up with a good idea, they don't take the initiative to get that idea to the people who can do something with it.

whateva...
    Ya. I guess. But what fun would the forums be without the internet complex known as I am a bada** cause you can't see me?
    Ranting and bashing is what people want. Cb is our Jerry springer..lots of drama

I do agree that they could use some of the suggestions. That is for sure.

05-22-09 01:18 PM
    Patches....

You will get a new icon on your home screen labeled software update with a red/wht asterisk. click it, and the OTA will commence. It should only take about 30 min. Of course, at that point, you could go to VZAM.net/blackberry & DL the newest update for using it with DM. If you do not have enough batt life, it will prevent you from running the app. Cool, huh?
    05-22-09 01:20 PM
    05-22-09 01:39 PM
    thx cheetah, i don't use QL, but i'm sure the people who do will appreciate it.
    05-22-09 01:51 PM
    You will get a new icon on your home screen labeled software update with a red/wht asterisk. click it, and the OTA will commence. It should only take about 30 min. Of course, at that point, you could go to VZAM.net/blackberry & DL the newest update for using it with DM. If you do not have enough batt life, it will prevent you from running the app. Cool, huh?
    Will you still get this notification if you've dl'ed the leak? If so, do you re-dl it?
    05-22-09 02:08 PM
    if you have the leak installed, there is nothing to upgrade to. you already have it. it would be redundant. there is nothing different between .148 leak and .148 official. just the vendor.xml file, but there isn't anything in it. VZW doesn't supply extra themes like they did on different devices, etc...
    05-22-09 02:17 PM
    Patches152,

Do you know .148 leak or official has russian language input? What is going on with other language inputs some of leaks have them other not? Will official release from VZW have a russian input? Where and how to get it?
    05-22-09 03:20 PM
    the change log said something about more language support, the files would come from RIM directly though...most likely if/when it is approved, if you DL from RIM website, they'll have a multi-language version for DL, and then you select the one you want. i'd suggest you go to RIM and find a "contact us" link and email them to ask if they will have russian support in future software, don't mention leaks or .148, just ask generally if they will support russian ever.
    05-22-09 03:22 PM
    Any word on this Patches?
    05-28-09 12:43 AM
    Ok...I'm going to hold my breath.
    05-28-09 12:48 AM
    testing ends tomorrow...we'll hear back sometime friday, maybe monday.
    05-28-09 12:57 AM
    Any word on how the testing has been going?
    05-28-09 01:15 AM
    so far so good...no real bugs have come up, no negative feedback. all of the negative reports on CB are hardware related, or 3rd party apps, and i've kinda considered corrupt databases from a backup/restore to be a culprit also...
    05-28-09 01:17 AM
    so far so good...no real bugs have come up, no negative feedback. all of the negative reports on CB are hardware related, or 3rd party apps, and i've kinda considered corrupt databases from a backup/restore to be a culprit also...
    I agree with that. Once I resolved the corrupt database issues on restore, I no longer had significant memory leaks and performance lag.
    05-28-09 06:02 AM
    sounds good. hopefully they release something so that the people that are waiting for an "official" version to drop finally get some relief
    05-28-09 06:23 AM
    I agree with that. Once I resolved the corrupt database issues on restore, I no longer had significant memory leaks and performance lag.
    How likely do you think these problems are to occur, if say, I backed up my Storm once a week?
    05-28-09 10:26 AM
    How likely do you think these problems are to occur, if say, I backed up my Storm once a week?
    i don't think the backup was the issue. i think it's the restore that causes the problem.
    05-28-09 10:32 AM
480 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD