New MR2 Submission (4.7.0.148)

Enhancements to prevent some rare occasions, where the viewfinder of the camera may have remained enabled and caused the device to become unresponsive.

Enhancements to prevent intermittent resets under various circumstances.

Enhancements to prevent some cases where when using a wired headset while on a call, you may not have been able to change the audio path to handset or speakerphone.

Enhancements to prevent some occasions where when receiving a voice call, the device may have displayed a blank screen.

Enhancements to prevent some occasions where when receiving a voice call while on another voice call, the device may have not displayed the Caller ID of the incoming call.

Enhancements to prevent the condition where when the battery became low enough that the connection to the wireless network was turned off, when the device was plugged back into the charger, the connection might not have turned back on automatically once the battery was sufficiently charged.

Enhancements to prevent when exiting standby mode, pressing any of the four hard keys would unlock the device. Password-disabled devices will not exit standby mode unless the lock key is pressed to unlock the device.

Enhancements to prevent some rare occurrences where the device might freeze when receiving an incoming call.

Enhancements to prevent some rare occurrences where a phone call was placed when the device was in lock mode and the user tried to open the virtual keyboard, the keyboard might not have displayed.

Enhancements to prevent some occasions where when a user changed the Camera color to any effect, the changes might not have been saved as expected.

Enhancements to prevent an occurrence where if the user was playing an mp3 song on the device at full volume and received an e-mail message while the song was playing, the audio might have been permanently lowered as a result of a problem with the audio boost feature and the user may have been required to set the ring tone to vibrate so as not to receive audible alerts when an e-mail message is received.

Enhancements to prevent some occurrences where if a user was listening to music on the Media Player at the maximum level and received an audio notification that they have received an e-mail, SMS or BlackBerry Messenger message and then the song continued to play, the volume level at which the song was playing might have decreased and the user might not have been able to increase it.

Enhancements to prevent some occurrences where when a user would try to create a custom profile and browse through the tones, the device would not play preview sounds. If the user clicked on the TRY button, it would not play the preview sound.

Enhancements to prevent some rare occurrences where the device would display a blank white screen when receiving an incoming call.
    05-20-09 02:05 AM

Enhancements to prevent some rare occasions, where the viewfinder of the camera may have remained enabled and caused the device to become unresponsive.

Enhancements to prevent some cases where when using a wired headset while on a call, you may not have been able to change the audio path to handset or speakerphone.

Enhancements to prevent some occasions where when receiving a voice call, the device may have displayed a blank screen.

Enhancements to prevent some occasions where when receiving a voice call while on another voice call, the device may have not displayed the Caller ID of the incoming call.

Enhancements to prevent the condition where when the battery became low enough that the connection to the wireless network was turned off, when the device was plugged back into the charger, the connection might not have turned back on automatically once the battery was sufficiently charged.

Enhancements to prevent when exiting standby mode, pressing any of the four hard keys would unlock the device. Password-disabled devices will not exit standby mode unless the lock key is pressed to unlock the device.

Enhancements to prevent some rare occurrences where the device might freeze when receiving an incoming call.

Enhancements to prevent some rare occurrences where a phone call was placed when the device was in lock mode and the user tried to open the virtual keyboard, the keyboard might not have displayed.

Enhancements to prevent some occasions where when a user changed the Camera color to any effect, the changes might not have been saved as expected.

Enhancements to prevent an occurrence where if the user was playing an mp3 song on the device at full volume and received an e-mail message while the song was playing, the audio might have been permanently lowered as a result of a problem with the audio boost feature and the user may have been required to set the ring tone to vibrate so as not to receive audible alerts when an e-mail message is received.

Enhancements to prevent some occurrences where if a user was listening to music on the Media Player at the maximum level and received an audio notification that they have received an e-mail, SMS or BlackBerry Messenger message and then the song continued to play, the volume level at which the song was playing might have decreased and the user might not have been able to increase it.

Enhancements to prevent some occurrences where when a user would try to create a custom profile and browse through the tones, the device would not play preview sounds. If the user clicked on the TRY button, it would not play the preview sound.

Enhancements to prevent some rare occurrences where the device would display a blank white screen when receiving an incoming call.
    Thanks Patches!
    05-20-09 02:06 AM
    Sweet, thanks.

05-20-09 02:07 AM
    Wow Patches thanks for posting that. These changes are actually really good for me, especially the media player volume since it happens to me all the time. I use this device for music a lot. I can't wait to get this build. Definitely a step in the right direction.
    thanks for quoting the who'e friggin, thing!!! lol...
    Every 3-4 days I will get a random reboot. It's worth it to me because the color banding destroys some of the themes out there. It's still plenty fast though.

In all honesty, I never had the VSOD's or freezing until I mixed it with OS .122 and higher.
    I liked it to until I started getting random reboots. But I really liked the larger keys on it.
    05-20-09 02:08 AM
    no leaky from me, but seems worth trying if it does get leaked. so far i really like the responsiveness when CLOSING apps, usually i get quite a bit of lag there, even on some of the hybrids...
    05-20-09 02:08 AM
    05-20-09 02:09 AM

thanks for posting the whole friggin thing twice!!!
    exactly what I was thinking haha!
    THANK YOU! my final paper can wait. time to download
    05-20-09 02:10 AM
    Thanks Don, made my night!
    05-20-09 02:12 AM
    Thanks Patches!
    I used to use .90 quite a bit because of color banding, but honestly, after a couple of days with it, the random freezes (only for a few seconds - not reboots) got on my nerves. And I think the worst part about .90 is the qwerty keyboard in portrait...it's so inaccurate compared to any radio post that release. It's basically the same keyboard as any release after you remove the default font. While the keys appear to be larger (and so, logically, you'd think more accurate), it's like a crapshoot trying to hit the right key. I just think the overlay over the old suretype does not match, and that is why it's so difficult.

Anyway, to get back on topic, like I said before, this changelog is not all that impressive...yet I remain awake in the hopes of an update...
    05-20-09 02:15 AM
    Just got back from a 4 day vacation at the Oregon coast I guess I should have taken one more day off. Oh **** who needs a good nights sleep to work, will probably be slow anyway
    Thanks Don !! your the man!!!
    05-20-09 02:17 AM
    Thats exactly the reason that I'm still on here and still have to get through one more chapter.... which I have been putting off since this came up...
    well if its an issue, PM your number or PIN and i'll send ya a text IF anything pops up, i'm up for another 5 or more hours

EDIT: lol i was gone for like 10 minutes and it was already posted lol, so guess you didnt miss out =c)
    Last edited by TaToR ToDD; 05-20-09 at 02:24 AM.
    05-20-09 02:18 AM
    ummm... its been posted above... for those that arent aware..
    05-20-09 02:19 AM
    05-20-09 02:20 AM
    Hayward and Antioch.
    ouch, hope your not commuting from antioch to hayward, thats narly traffic, i lived in oakley for a few years, but highway 4 made me go insane
    05-20-09 02:35 AM
    that new "i love blackberry" program that shows you actually how long you spend on your blackberry is horrible, i had to delete it, otherwise its like an alcoholic staring at himself in the mirror while chugging a handle of vodka
    I don't want to know. Mine is right in front of me on the dash all day, playing Podcasts, or streaming radio or listening to Audible (new app blows btw). Thats not including time do email or surfing. On and average day I'd sat 16 to 18 hours of actual use. Its sick really but hey these things aren't cheap and neither is the service so get your money out of it, right,
    05-20-09 02:42 AM
    I don't want to know. Mine is right in front of me on the dash all day, playing Podcasts, or streaming radio or listening to Audible (new app blows btw). Thats not including time do email or surfing. On and average day I'd sat 16 to 18 hours of actual use. Its sick really but hey these things aren't cheap and neither is the service so get your money out of it, right,

does your battery last all day? mine usually dies around 4pm, instead of charging my phone throughout the day, i just purchased another battery, so always have it in my penny pocket part of my jeans(not sure what you actually call that small pocket lol) but it fits perfect in there so i will always have it no matter where i am. anyhow the program compares how much you use it for work and for play, makes me feel guilty when my gf is crying cause i only spent 15 minutes with her, then look at blackberry usage lol
    05-20-09 02:52 AM
    About fricken time! hopefully it'll be something awaiting for
    05-20-09 03:01 AM
    does your battery last all day? mine usually dies around 4pm, instead of charging my phone throughout the day, i just purchased another battery, so always have it in my penny pocket part of my jeans(not sure what you actually call that small pocket lol) but it fits perfect in there so i will always have it no matter where i am. anyhow the program compares how much you use it for work and for play, makes me feel guilty when my gf is crying cause i only spent 15 minutes with her, then look at blackberry usage lol
    No problrms with battery drain here. I mounted a desktop cradle on my dash and the phone is in it most of the time. Installed a Parrot kit to the stereo so no wires either. Works pretty good, but eventuaally I will break down and buy a Bury cradle so that I can use it in portrait.
    05-20-09 03:02 AM
    No problrms with battery drain here. I mounted a desktop cradle on my dash and the phone is in it most of the time. Installed a Parrot kit to the stereo so no wires either. Works pretty good, but eventuaally I will break down and buy a Bury cradle so that I can use it in portrait.
    can you elaborate on your parrot kit? i've just been using my old itouch connection for car use in the radio, but dont like it
    05-20-09 03:05 AM
    I love it! Patches starts a thread about an os being tested by big red and BAMM crackberry gets a leak. Kudos to you sir. You deserve to be respected.
    05-20-09 03:06 AM
    can you elaborate on your parrot kit? i've just been using my old itouch connection for car use in the radio, but dont like it
    Any of the Parrot MK6xxx series will work, though I would recommend just the plain vanilla MK6000. You don't really need a screen, the phone has a better one and it will be cheaper. You cannot get it at a big box store. They only sell the CK series which does not have stereo A2DP. Most halfway decent stereo shops sell it though. Be careful and take it out of the box and check it b4 you leave the store. If the sticker says software version 1.0 give it back. The firmware is upgradeable over bluetooth but there was a bug in 1.0 software that would error it out and brick the unit and the Storm needs 1.02 or better and preferably 1.03a. As long as the unit is 1.01 or higher and you have a bluetooth laptop, your good to go. Just get the patch from Parrots website. Good unit. Easy to use, easy to pair and stereo sounds fantastic with the Storm.Voice quality is excellent. It has a double mic for noise cancellation. I have it in a Freightliner and people say it sounds better than the phone speaker and almost as good as my Jawbone. How's that for getting off topic.
    05-20-09 03:26 AM
480 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD