RIM lowered the quality of color gradient, aka color banding to improve speed and response time, to avoid lag basically...the screens are in color, just not as much detail and quality in stuff like wallpapers and themes...doesn't impact media
    I'm running a hybrid on one phone and .75 on another both using BB Pro Ver 3 theme. I can see no difference in the screens side by side.. .113 did have some light banding but was not noticeable on the orange theme. I saw no banding on .122, .132 or .141 on my phone.
    Is it possible banding isn't a device by device problem cause I'm just not seeing it myself. What I wish I would see is stability like I had in .113 and to a lesser extent .122. The later builds and hybrids are a nightmare for me that I hope .148 does not become part of if it makes it past testing.
    05-19-09 08:55 PM
    I'm running a hybrid on one phone and .75 on another both using BB Pro Ver 3 theme. I can see no difference in the screens side by side.. .113 did have some light banding but was not noticeable on the orange theme. I saw no banding on .122, .132 or .141 on my phone.
    Is it possible banding isn't a device by device problem cause I'm just not seeing it myself. What I wish I would see is stability like I had in .113 and to a lesser extent .122. The later builds and hybrids are a nightmare for me that I hope .148 does not become part of if it makes it past testing.
    i've had 2 different storms and both showed banding

congrats on your 100th post BTW =c]
    05-19-09 09:03 PM
    you may work for the company but your stance about "the leak of the software" does not impact any of its issues. .75 leaked and it got approved.

the act of leaking software does NOT prevent VZW from approving it. however, glaring "service impacting issues" do prevent a build from being approved.
    Your not serious are you? Really? I dont mean to come off arguementative here but seriously? VZW does read these boards, do you not think that VZW and RIM take there NDA's and software issues seriously? Do you know how many issues people within the company have to deal with due to miss information spread on this site and other sites regarding company stances and un-offical ungrades of firmware. There is a reason that VZW declines your warranty if your on a non approved firmware.

Leaking the software DOES negativly impact the release. Many reasons come to mind including: Legality, Customer percieved issues, Legit Software/Warranty Issues. But to keep it relevant VZW does test its software, however this site has 1million+ subscribers of which lets say 20% of the demograph is storm owners. That represents 200k users, lets again assume 10% of which upgrade to the latest and greatest leaked OS. That still represents 20k users running a OS that internally may see 1k users (maybe) and x amount of manhours/test room time prior to launch. (Deadlines anyone?)

We FAR FAR FAR outwiegh at CB the ability of most companies due to cost/manhours ability to test OS's, even though the OS is not legally obtained. Point being the firmware was failed for various OS reasons AND because it was leaked which HELPED discern OS issues. I dare (pun intended) for you to prove me wrong.

Edit: To save posting space in response to your other post I'm not being defensive , I enjoy a spirited discussion.
    Last edited by Kaus; 05-19-09 at 09:15 PM.
    05-19-09 09:04 PM
    IF it passes (i haven't seen it yet so i can't speak to it yet...) then we should have it as soon as two weeks, considering it takes average 10 days to test, and two more to release...
    You know I was just making a funny, right?
    05-19-09 09:11 PM
    i've had 2 different storms and both showed banding

congrats on your 100th post BTW =c]
    Thanks, I hadn't even noticed until you pointed it out. Is there a twelve step program for addicts, perhaps another forum?
    05-19-09 09:25 PM
    Thanks, I hadn't even noticed until you pointed it out. Is there a twelve step program for addicts, perhaps another forum?
    i heard they ween you off with a motorola razor.....
    05-19-09 09:32 PM
    This is awesome

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 09:32 PM
    I honestly home something comes soon. I've been using .141 for a bit now and really am not too fond of it. I just haven't felt like spending the time to drop to a lower platform. I think this is the longest I've gone since owning my blackberry without updating to a different leak. Can't wait for the next one!
    05-19-09 10:15 PM
    There is but you have to admit that you are powerless over your berry and your life is totally consumed by it

05-19-09 10:59 PM
    There is but you have to admit that you are powerless over your berry and your life is totally consumed by it

that new "i love blackberry" program that shows you actually how long you spend on your blackberry is horrible, i had to delete it, otherwise its like an alcoholic staring at himself in the mirror while chugging a handle of vodka
    05-19-09 11:12 PM
    Remember the good old days when we would get leaks every other Saturday night at exactly 2am East coast time?
    or when Kevin or a mod would come out and say "ok, you guys have blown it now, no more leaks.....EVER!" and then they would leak one .............
    Good times.............
    05-19-09 11:15 PM
    I'd like a pm to that link if its okay.

05-19-09 11:57 PM
    :whistles: lol

05-20-09 12:50 AM
    if VZW has it, hopefully it'll reach OFFICIAL!

i just got a replacement storm today so i'm starting fresh, maybe a jump from .75 -> .148
    Knowing VZW...[insert your favorite conclusion here]
    05-20-09 12:51 AM

LEAK IT!!!!!!! lol.
    05-20-09 12:51 AM
    Hahaha
    It will leak prob tonight, alot of the testers just threw it out.
    Im calling for a leak really late tonight or early tomorrow.
    05-20-09 12:54 AM
    Hahaha
    It will leak prob tonight, alot of the testers just threw it out.
    Im calling for a leak really late tonight or early tomorrow.
    I sure hope so.
    05-20-09 12:55 AM

oh your such a c0ck tease!!
    05-20-09 12:57 AM
    he has it!
    05-20-09 12:57 AM
    9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel202_PL4.0.0.181_A4.7.0.148
    05-20-09 01:02 AM
    that is indeed the file name, well plus the exe extension of couse
    05-20-09 01:04 AM
    9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel202_PL4.0.0.181_A4.7.0.148
    thanks....for the file name.
    05-20-09 01:04 AM
    People just post the link
    05-20-09 01:06 AM
    I second Olta's suggestion. Do I hear a third?
    05-20-09 01:07 AM
    my refresh button is getting worn out.
    good thing i'm replacing my laptop tomorrow =)
    05-20-09 01:07 AM
480 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD