Does anybody have a feel for how many Storm owners have actually upgraded their OS past what they walked out of the store with? My guess is that 98% are very happy that their Storm makes and receives phone calls, let's them get email occasionally and most important lets them send text messages. Maybe they sync contacts and appointments but probably not. These are happy people that think the Storm is as cool as the the iPhone and can't or don't want to switch carriers. They don't care and they don't suffer like we do!
    05-19-09 05:26 PM
    Thanks for the update patches.

I don't think it matters what VZW eventually releases.........They could release 6.0.xxxxx and some of these whiners would still cry, pi$$, and moan!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 05:46 PM
    Does anybody have a feel for how many Storm owners have actually upgraded their OS past what they walked out of the store with? My guess is that 98% are very happy that their Storm makes and receives phone calls, let's them get email occasionally and most important lets them send text messages. Maybe they sync contacts and appointments but probably not. These are happy people that think the Storm is as cool as the the iPhone and can't or don't want to switch carriers. They don't care and they don't suffer like we do!
    I would guess that we represent less than 1% of storm owners. Although, I work with 4 other storm owners and 3 of them have had me "work" on their phones to make them faster. People seem to love the concept of the phone but don't know about the resources on sites like this. I think if even 10% of storm owners were savvy about this stuff that there would be a much bigger outcry for improvement.
    05-19-09 05:48 PM
    I'm pretty sure the color banding effects web images cause they look horrific sometimes on HQ

05-19-09 05:49 PM
    I'm pretty sure the color banding effects web images cause they look horrific sometimes on HQ

Color? Its a phone? Not a computer monitor with the best graphics accelerator you can buy....Come on peeps, ITS A PHONE!!!!
    05-19-09 06:09 PM
    I would guess that we represent less than 1% of storm owners. Although, I work with 4 other storm owners and 3 of them have had me "work" on their phones to make them faster. People seem to love the concept of the phone but don't know about the resources on sites like this. I think if even 10% of storm owners were savvy about this stuff that there would be a much bigger outcry for improvement.
    I agree. If 10% of Storm buyers returned the phone because of the issues with the .75 OS we would have an upgrade by now. But they dont. And there isnt much incentive for Verizon to release an update. They probably have a reason NOT to upgrade, and thats the Storm 2 which Im sure they will want us all to upgrade to when its available.
    05-19-09 06:25 PM
    Color? Its a phone? Not a computer monitor with the best graphics accelerator you can buy....Come on peeps, ITS A PHONE!!!!
    They want an iphone but bought a storm

05-19-09 06:26 PM
    i think the .141 is sweet, but quick launch doesnt work with it! but always wanting a new leak!!
    05-19-09 06:35 PM
    It's a media focused BB device. Most of those who bought it wanted the touch screen and/or the colorful screen, coupled with BB security. Plain and simple, otherwise they would've purchased the Curve, etc.
    05-19-09 06:37 PM
    i think the .141 is sweet, but quick launch doesnt work with it! but always wanting a new leak!!
    if you have .141 installed, just do the bbcrackman or lyricidal hybrid update to .141 and it will fix your quicklaunch problem. works great.
    05-19-09 06:38 PM
    Thanks for the update patches.

I don't think it matters what VZW eventually releases.........They could release 6.0.xxxxx and some of these whiners would still cry, pi$$, and moan!

You may be right to a certain extent. There are alway those (like myself) who want the latest leaks, BUT, there are also those who just want a quick, efficient, stable OS. .75 is ALMOST that kind of a build.
    05-19-09 06:39 PM
    Go here for free cake. It should be a fun party!
    The cake is a lie!

05-19-09 06:48 PM
    It would be nice to get an update to this phone.Thanks for the info patches!
    05-19-09 06:50 PM
    You may be right to a certain extent. There are alway those (like myself) who want the latest leaks, BUT, there are also those who just want a quick, efficient, stable OS. .75 is ALMOST that kind of a build.
    Agreed. I love the leaks/hybrids too. I'm using BBCrackman's 5.1/132 myself. I love it.

I haven't had any real problems with any of the builds I've tried. Even .075 was ok, but sluggish

Some people won't EVER be happy with this phone though, no matter what/when the official is finally out. If its 5.0. 1xx they will b**** its not 5.0.2xx.

05-19-09 06:53 PM
    I'd like a fast OS that LOOKS like it should as well. It's crap that the "quick fix" for them was to reduce the depth of color. After all, that is why most of us went for the storm......the large, colorful screen
    Colorbanding was present in .75

Someone showed it, definately visible in the media app
    05-19-09 07:01 PM
    I hope it doesnt leak, it is afterall one of the reasons vzw never realeased .113 would be nice if a offical build made it out for the bes customers to catch up with all the rest of us no? Patches I'm curious what your title within the company is, I'm guessing data rep or similar since I know they just got the .141 build today. I also advise from giving into letting the .148 build out as they are activly looking for the leakers to throw them some papers.
    05-19-09 07:12 PM
    I hope it doesnt leak, it is afterall one of the reasons vzw never realeased .113 would be nice if a offical build made it out for the bes customers to catch up with all the rest of us no? Patches I'm curious what your title within the company is, I'm guessing data rep or similar since I know they just got the .141 build today. I also advise from giving into letting the .148 build out as they are activly looking for the leakers to throw them some papers.
    Patches does not work for verizon. He has a close friend that keeps him in the loop.

05-19-09 07:13 PM
    And leaking had no impact on release of .113 and .141!

And data support doesn't test so they wouldn't get anything besides official software. And all they get is training. They don't actually handle the software.

05-19-09 07:16 PM
    wow that site looks like its from 1990.
    Wow another positive post from stormsucks75.
    05-19-09 07:18 PM
    And leaking had no impact on release of .113 and .141!

And data support doesn't test so they wouldn't get anything besides official software. And all they get is training. They don't actually handle the software.

Unlike you i do work for the company and I have seen various test OS's on data trainers devices. There is a differance between the technical 800 people and the trainers in the field with the store reps. You can believe what you want about .113 this site has plenty of miss information regarding the company i work for and the people who represent it. But it doesnt change the fact that .113 got leaked had issues and among the various issues that failed that OS leaking it did indeed contribute towards it not making "gold".
    05-19-09 07:19 PM
    Unlike you i do work for the company and I have seen various test OS's on data trainers devices. There is a differance between the technical 800 people and the trainers in the field with the store reps.
    Agreed. I work with engineers & Devs from various carriers on a consistent basis, and from what I've experienced, some of the things/ways people describe VZW's QA process doesn't add up with what I know. There is also someone from the Dev lab on this site, and we both agree on this point. It doesn't really matter all that much, but it's misleading.
    05-19-09 07:22 PM
    05-19-09 07:25 PM
    Agreed. I work with engineers & Devs from various carriers on a consistent basis, and from what I've experienced, some of the things/ways people describe VZW's QA process doesn't add up with what I know. There is also someone from the Dev lab on this site, and we both agree on this point. It doesn't really matter all that much, but it's misleading.
    The data team (The people who visit the stores with advanced data devices and run our data rallys (currently netbooks)) occasionally get test os's prior to launch. The devices they have are corporate BES devices which is why I'm positive they just didnt dl a leak from CB. As to the QA, as with allot of information passed on the net it can and often is missrepresented. I could parrot off what the company has told me is the process for releasing firmware updates but it really doesnt matter. In the end people allot higher than me make the decisions.
    Last edited by Kaus; 05-19-09 at 07:34 PM.
    05-19-09 07:31 PM
    The data team (The people who visit the stores with advanced data devices and run our data rallys (currently netbooks)) occasionally get test os's prior to launch. The devices they have are corporate BES devices which is why I'm positive they just didnt dl a leak from CB. As to the QA, as with allot of information passed on the net it can and often is missrepresented. I could parrot off what the company has told me is the process for releasing firmware updates but it really doesnt matter. In the end people allot higher than me make the decisions.
    didn't you say that these data sales reps or whatever who go to the stores just got .141?

.141 failed awhile ago. like over a week ago. why are they getting a build that is not being tested anymore? i'm not trying to discredit your points, because they are generally vaild, but i'm curious. did the BES team allow reps to upgrade to failed versions from testing or something? news to me, i don't deal with store reps and the people who support them.
    05-19-09 07:46 PM
    Unlike you i do work for the company and I have seen various test OS's on data trainers devices. There is a differance between the technical 800 people and the trainers in the field with the store reps. You can believe what you want about .113 this site has plenty of miss information regarding the company i work for and the people who represent it. But it doesnt change the fact that .113 got leaked had issues and among the various issues that failed that OS leaking it did indeed contribute towards it not making "gold".
    you may work for the company but your stance about "the leak of the software" does not impact any of its issues. .75 leaked and it got approved.

the act of leaking software does NOT prevent VZW from approving it. however, glaring "service impacting issues" do prevent a build from being approved.
    05-19-09 07:50 PM
480 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD