I wonder what the fixes are.. The build # isn't too much higher than the .141 but that might not have anything to do with its content..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 04:01 PM
    ROFL ... amazing how little the straw at which we will all grasp!
    05-19-09 04:01 PM
    Radio said that .126+ for 5.0 was really good, better than 4.7!
    So what? 5.0 might be coming along swimmingly but it might be wiser for VZW to release a good 4.7 now and wait for the later builds of 5.0 to be ready.
    05-19-09 04:04 PM
    What is this 30 days you speak of? Is that some sort of Verizon clause where you can return your phone if you're unhappy with it within 30 days?
    Yes they have a 30 day Worry Free Guarantee but you pay a $35 restock fee.
    05-19-09 04:07 PM
    Yes they have a 30 day Worry Free Guarantee but you pay a $35 restock fee.
    No kidding. Maybe I should read the fine print on my contract...
    05-19-09 04:12 PM
    No kidding. Maybe I should read the fine print on my contract...
    Its not fine print its all over there website...
    05-19-09 04:14 PM
    I don't know what stuff have you been reading but all we have are just pictures of the Storm 2, we don't even now if that is the final version or it even works.

If you look at the history of RIM and their product line, they are have very long track record of supporting their product. The Curve, Flip, pearl and 8801 line still get os updates. Sure it still slow but they still get them. The storm is in the same boat.
    This is my 1st BB, but Ive had other smartphones. Are you saying that Verizon routinely updates the other BB's like the curve, on a regular basis?

My last phone was a WinMobile phone (on Verizon) and we never recvd an update thru Verizon, even though one was available. How often are the OS updates released for the other BB's?
    05-19-09 04:23 PM
    yeah they mention it when you get the phone if I'm pretty sure
    Nah, just like they didn't mention there may be a new BB release within a month or so. I like the Storm and all, but I would like the chance to toy with the Niagara.
    05-19-09 04:24 PM
    Going off the pattern of .113 and .141 or do you know something?
    At the risk of sounding like the guy who has a friend who knows a friend, I'll just spit it out.

I was told by someone that i consider to have credibility that there is no way this or even the next 2 builds Verizon decides to put through testing gets approved and if they do, it's a better sign than any that Verizon's testing process is completely flawed.
    05-19-09 04:28 PM
    At the risk of sounding like the guy who has a friend who knows a friend, I'll just spit it out.

I was told by someone that i consider to have credibility that there is no way this or even the next 2 builds Verizon decides to put through testing gets approved and if they do, it's a better sign than any that Verizon's testing process is completely flawed.
    well if there are bugs to be aware of, when i get a copy i'll check into 'em. you can PM me anything, it can remain private if need be. but i'll make sure that VZW addresses any issues that come up. just like i did with .141
    05-19-09 04:35 PM
    Thanks for the heads up. At this point I can't get excited about an official OS release from vzw, and I can't blame them. But they better hurry before they start loosing customers.
    05-19-09 04:42 PM
    This is my 1st BB, but Ive had other smartphones. Are you saying that Verizon routinely updates the other BB's like the curve, on a regular basis?

My last phone was a WinMobile phone (on Verizon) and we never recvd an update thru Verizon, even though one was available. How often are the OS updates released for the other BB's?
    haha nope. took us forever to get the curves 4.5 on vzw. was on 4.3 for ages
    05-19-09 04:44 PM
    Cant wait hope your right!
    05-19-09 04:45 PM

I see, well thanks for your input. I dunno what's going to eventually happen so we'll see. The wait is getting kinda long for something new though.
    05-19-09 04:46 PM
    I am going to answer this with a 100% certainty that it will not be back.

Sorry Marcus, there is just no way that they bring it back.

They haven't in ANY of the builds since .90 and I don't see that changing.

Maybe in 5.0, but I just don't see it coming back in 4.7, but then again, it might be the pessimism in me...
    what do you guys mean by color?

very confused on this one
    05-19-09 04:47 PM
    Guys vzw is hard at work with the string of new lg and samsung feature phones to test us forgotten storm owners NBD.

Anyone think they might pull an iphone and release the new model with 5.0 and make it available for storm users as well, minus the 10 upgrade fee.

05-19-09 04:48 PM
    This is all a moot point. The storm is a bad phone. When I get my Tour, I am going to take a bat to my Storm.

05-19-09 04:50 PM
    Guys vzw is hard at work with the string of new lg and samsung feature phones to test new os's for. us forgotten storm owners NBD.

Anyone think they might pull an iphone and release the new model with 5.0 and make it available for storm users as well, minus the 10 upgrade fee.

No Verizon doesn't routinely release updates for BB's. They took nine months or so after it was out to release 4.5 for the 8830. Everyone seems to think that VZW is diligently working to improve the operation of phones they have already sold, but VZW is only interested in profits and OS updates cost them lots of money in terms of supporting the update. You gave the perfect example with WinMo devices, I never got an update on my Q the two years I had.

Frequent OS updates are not in VZW's best interest when the majority of the users for the Storm think their phone is great and since they came from dumb phones don't even know you can update an OS. It is only on these forums that you find us nuts dying to have an OS update.
    Oops didn't mean to quote myself

05-19-09 04:51 PM
    I am going to answer this with a 100% certainty that it will not be back.

Sorry Marcus, there is just no way that they bring it back.

They haven't in ANY of the builds since .90 and I don't see that changing.

Maybe in 5.0, but I just don't see it coming back in 4.7, but then again, it might be the pessimism in me...
    what do you guys mean by color?

very confused on this one
    seriously??

Um, ok, well... the color depth in the menus and other areas has decreased, and now you can see "color banding"...

Example... "lock" your blackberry, then rotate it so that its in landscape and has the blue half circle that goes from light blue to dark blue as the background.

On .65 and .75 its a smooth transition from light to dark. On the newer OS's, both leaked and even the .122 release from Bell/Telus, you see a more pronounced transition between each shade of blue as it goes from light to dark.

Same with the halo around your finger when you click on icons of the home screen, or keys on the keyboard....

However It does NOT impact looking at pictures or movies in the Media app. And I find it hard to tell when I have a photo as my home screen image or wall paper.

Its assumed this lowered color depth was done to help speed up the UI, the menus, the transitions, etc. as with the first build to have this problem was where the Storm started to get much snapier.

Its assumed that since the color depth or color banding issue has existed so long now, and in so many builds, that it is here to stay.
    05-19-09 05:06 PM
    .148 only? Ugh...obviously its not good enough if they built 4.7 all the way up to .201. Im 99% positive it will be identical to .141
    05-19-09 05:10 PM
    I really don't care if its official or not. The only benefit to that is for people with a BES IT policy. The color banding isn't a concern either since I dont sit there and stare at my theme. I would rather have a fast response, which is the only reason at all I upgrade my OS every leak. Otherwise I am very pleased with my storm not being a power user. I can't wait for a leak, it's been all too long since the last one.
    05-19-09 05:17 PM
    I really don't care if its official or not. The only benefit to that is for people with a BES IT policy. The color banding isn't a concern either since I dont sit there and stare at my theme. I would rather have a fast response, which is the only reason at all I upgrade my OS every leak. Otherwise I am very pleased with my storm not being a power user. I can't wait for a leak, it's been all too long since the last one.
    I'd like a fast OS that LOOKS like it should as well. It's crap that the "quick fix" for them was to reduce the depth of color. After all, that is why most of us went for the storm......the large, colorful screen
    05-19-09 05:20 PM
    I'd like a fast OS that LOOKS like it should as well. It's crap that the "quick fix" for them was to reduce the depth of color. After all, that is why most of us went for the storm......the large, colorful screen
    I understand that. However it only affects menu and theme coloring from what I can tell. How many people just sit there and stare at the menu or the wallpaper? I am a pretty critical person but I really can't complain about something like color banding. To me it seems like people are just looking for things to nit-pick about. Then again I haven't had 99% of the issues that people report, I must have the golden code somehow...
    05-19-09 05:24 PM
480 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD