Patches sure knows how to get a party started! haha. Good stuff man.
    05-19-09 03:00 PM
    so you are updating that thread in your op patches with new info??
    05-19-09 03:01 PM
    Verizon has had .148 for over a week. And have since received newer.
    What happened to the story radio floated a couple of weeks ago or more that "all work in 4.7.0.xxx has stopped , it's all 5.0 now"???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 03:03 PM
    What happened to the story radio floated a couple of weeks ago or more that "all work in 4.7.0.xxx has stopped , it's all 5.0 now"???

The development of 4.7 has stopped but there are still several compiled builds that can be distributed by carriers. The testing just needs to be done. Development of 5.0 will continue for quite a while though.
    05-19-09 03:07 PM
    so you are updating that thread in your op patches with new info??
    roger that...
    05-19-09 03:07 PM

I would assume RIM is still posting 4.7.0.xxx builds for carriers to test. They won't build anything higher than the last 4.7.0.2xx builds. All of their work are now focused on 5.0!!
    05-19-09 03:08 PM
    KB in response to ur question verizon thins that 5.0s. Should only be in mustangs not storms. Just our luck huh

I believe aL this means is RIM isn't making anymore 4.7 builds but still passing them to verizon....
    My question is.... Since rim is sooo far ahead y doesn't verizon test everything rim has so far all at once and just pick one?

funny how BGR articles and engadget articles are post worthy, but my links get deleted...
    05-19-09 03:10 PM
    Perhaps it�s the cynic in me, but I think that this is good/bad news. To the extent that the BBOS rumor is true and the Storm 2 will be released before the end next month, I think VZW will release an official update for the Storm 1 before that date. Frankly, in my opinion as a user, the official VZW release of the Storm OS is so bad as to be defective. If they don�t fix it before the Storm 2 drops, I�m sure a lot of folks will do what ever they can to pressure VZW to play nice and provide them with a non-defective Storm 2. After all, when VZW launched the Storm, they said it wasn�t right and that the device would be fixed through OS updates. Some of these issues have been addressed, but many have not.

So looking into my admittedly cracked crystal ball, good news, VZW will �fix� the Storm 1 before the Storm 2 release. Bad news, by doing so, they hope to undercut the ability of folks who feel put out by the rapid release of new hardware to demand a replacement. Pure pessimistic opinion here. Not claiming that this is true.
    05-19-09 03:10 PM
    hmm... how did Verizon get it before us? This is a new development...
    05-19-09 03:11 PM
    I believe aL this means is RIM isn't making anymore 4.7 builds but still passing them to verizon....
    My question is.... Since rim is sooo far ahead y doesn't verizon test everything rim has so far all at once and just pick one?

there is a process to testing...i've suggested many times that VZW drop testing of all 4.7 builds and focus on 5.0 builds, but it sounds like they have both 4.7 and 5.0 at different stages of testing in lab/network testing. but no way to confirm this...
    05-19-09 03:12 PM
    The development of 4.7 has stopped but there are still several compiled builds that can be distributed by carriers. The testing just needs to be done. Development of 5.0 will continue for quite a while though.
    I would assume RIM is still posting 4.7.0.xxx builds for carriers to test. They won't build anything higher than the last 4.7.0.2xx builds. All of their work are now focused on 5.0!!

Correct, RIM will still post the 4.7.0 builds for the carriers to test, along with the 5.0 builds. But they won't be making any more 4.7.0 builds, all 5.0 right now.
    05-19-09 03:12 PM
    there is a process to testing...i've suggested many times that VZW drop testing of all 4.7 builds and focus on 5.0 builds, but it sounds like they have both 4.7 and 5.0 at different stages of testing in lab/network testing. but no way to confirm this...
    I'm gonna go with that one. I don't see them releasing another 4.7 build.
    05-19-09 03:13 PM
    hmm... how did Verizon get it before us? This is a new development...
    haha. wow.
    Perhaps it’s the cynic in me, but I think that this is good/bad news. To the extent that the BBOS rumor is true and the Storm 2 will be released before the end next month, I think VZW will release an official update for the Storm 1 before that date. Frankly, in my opinion as a user, the official VZW release of the Storm OS is so bad as to be defective. If they don’t fix it before the Storm 2 drops, I’m sure a lot of folks will do what ever they can to pressure VZW to play nice and provide them with a non-defective Storm 2. After all, when VZW launched the Storm, they said it wasn’t right and that the device would be fixed through OS updates. Some of these issues have been addressed, but many have not.

So looking into my admittedly cracked crystal ball, good news, VZW will “fix” the Storm 1 before the Storm 2 release. Bad news, by doing so, they hope to undercut the ability of folks who feel put out by the rapid release of new hardware to demand a replacement. Pure pessimistic opinion here. Not claiming that this is true.
    I thought something along the same lines earlier when i read the Storm 2 rumor. If they hadnt released an update by the time it came out, sure as sh@t i'd be reverting to .75, marching straight to my nearest Verizon store and having a word with them about a free or heavily discounted upgrade. Granted, i'm already prepared for the uncontrollable laughing to follow my demands, but it would at least give me the chance to make a scene. I dont get to do that too often
    funny how BGR articles and engadget articles are post worthy, but my links get deleted...
    No what's funny is how many CB policy violations we've had with multiple members regarding a specific site.
    05-19-09 03:15 PM
    Could this be the LONG awaited update? Or will our hopes be dashed again. Of course we CAN just keep enjoying our leaks.
    I agree. I couldn't possibly care less about an official release. If I install .148 via leak or via official release doesn't make a difference.
    05-19-09 03:17 PM
    And boom goes the dynamite :-P
    No what's funny is how many CB policy violations we've had with multiple members regarding a specific site.
    05-19-09 03:17 PM
    Storm 2 will be out before VZW puts out an official. Watch all the angry people try to make some crazy suit against VZW.
    05-19-09 03:19 PM
    Hey patches is this a 4.7 or 5.0 build?
    05-19-09 03:20 PM
    Patches you are my hero. Lol

05-19-09 03:20 PM
    Maybe that's why they're trying to get a 4.7 OS out...?

This way they can say that an OS is out that is worthy and oh by the way, here's the Storm 2!
    05-19-09 03:21 PM
    Hey patches is this a 4.7 or 5.0 build?

not 5.0
    05-19-09 03:22 PM
    i'll continue this discussion with you in PM so the kids don't have to hear it...
    05-19-09 03:23 PM
480 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD