11-25-08 08:47 AM
113 ... 345
tools
    I took the early retirement package from VZ, the real telephone company out of the Boston area almost two years ago and haven't looked back. We were always shaking in our boots or loafers who/when/where numbers were going to be cut but we had/have a really strong Union (IBEW) that protected our jobs...and still do. Even though retired I still get the benefits of all those still employed and when you think of it, in this day and age, full medical benefits is unheard of.

But this is off the subject. VZW is not affilated with VZ, the phone company in New England and based on all my expereinces with VZW of late, I am thankful!!!
    11-24-08 05:53 AM
    So, most of what I see here is negative toward the Blackberry Storm. Those of us who have one "in the mail," should we refuse to accept it and send it back to Verizon, or keep it?

Many people here are new to Blackberry, myself included, and it would be nice to know if it is better to pass on this phone. For one, I passed on the iPhone and I am glad I did. I don't really have one associate who swears by it. Many have gone to the Bold.

So, let the novice's here know if we should refuse this phone or accept it.
    Keep it the ones who love it are to busy playing with it to come in hear post about it all. So you the opinions are slanted because it's mostly from those bored with nothing to do but vent because they're mad at their storm.

But seriously get it and form your own opnion if you hate it return it. Check your receipt you may even have more than 30days because of their holiday dates mine said 1/15/09 for the return. But i won't be returning
    11-24-08 06:23 AM
    I think what most people, myself included, are mad about is not that verizon doesn't have enough storm in stock. We are mad because they are not telling us the truth that you will be getting the storm on a certain date like dec 5 or later. They told us that we can get it the next day, some poster said that we have no right to be upset since most of us didn't get up earlier enough. But I think verizon need to come out a apologize or do something to make up for all of this. I am entitle to my new phone due to the fact that I was promise one from verizon.

I would have not been so mad if not for the fact that I work night shift and i had to wait till 3 pm waiting for the phone, I am a deep sleeper and sometime i don't hear the doorbell, and all verizon can said is opps we are sorry. It is not right to play with people's emotion, imagine having your heart set on something and have it taken away and all you get is opps our bad.

We live in a real world, and when you mess up there is a price to pay.
    11-24-08 06:41 AM
    Yeah I am not mad that I didn't get one either. It is the fact that the guy I placed my order with on Thursday, never put it into the system or even called to say he couldn't because systems were down.

You have to do your job no matter how busy you are. I know everyone was busy that day but that was the first thing this guy was supposed to do or call me by noon and neither happened.

I am not blaming Verizon for this guy's mistake. I am blaming him and the workforce out in America. Now a days we have to constantly remind people to do their job.

I still have a Storm “in the mail” (which means Dec 15th) and I am still excited to use it. Just a little annoyed at this rep for not doing any part of his job.
    11-24-08 07:33 AM
    Just in case you are dying to know, yes, I received it today, Monday, 11/24/08 at 2:50 PM.

Big gigantic surprise, it DID NOT arrive today Saturday, as promised.
    I called VZ and got a FedEx tracking number which says Monday by 3PM.
    Have I told you lately how disgusted I am with VZ?
    Signed: The Milky Way
    11-24-08 02:59 PM
    Just in case you are dying to know, yes, I received it today, Monday, 11/24/08 at 2:50 PM.
    congrat, i haven't even got a tracking number on my order yet
    11-24-08 03:32 PM
    Wow NitroBlood. You are so goofed up it's sad. You aren't entitled to a cellphone, and you didn't HAVE to wait to get one, you chose to. SAD.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 03:38 PM
    I think what most people, myself included, are mad about is not that verizon doesn't have enough storm in stock. We are mad because they are not telling us the truth that you will be getting the storm on a certain date like dec 5 or later. They told us that we can get it the next day, some poster said that we have no right to be upset since most of us didn't get up earlier enough. But I think verizon need to come out a apologize or do something to make up for all of this. I am entitle to my new phone due to the fact that I was promise one from verizon.

I would have not been so mad if not for the fact that I work night shift and i had to wait till 3 pm waiting for the phone, I am a deep sleeper and sometime i don't hear the doorbell, and all verizon can said is opps we are sorry. It is not right to play with people's emotion, imagine having your heart set on something and have it taken away and all you get is opps our bad.

We live in a real world, and when you mess up there is a price to pay.
    Dont worry!!! the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE is on its way
    11-24-08 08:39 PM
    Wow NitroBlood. You are so goofed up it's sad. You aren't entitled to a cellphone, and you didn't HAVE to wait to get one, you chose to. SAD.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    how am I "goof up" when you are promise something aren't you are entitle to it, it is people like you that let AIG and GM run amok. Like I said earlier I am not mad that they don't have enough for everybody, the reason that I am mad is that they lie to me over and over again. First when i talked to the online rep she assure me i would get my phone by tue, then after reading this forum i call 611 and they said I might get it on friday, When i went into the store after school they don't even know when I am going to get it.

How do you feel if after you got off from work and has to wait 8 hours for a package that verizon know will never come, on a Sat no less. They could at least call me to let me know that I will not be getting my phone, that is just a common courtesy to a customer that been with them for 8 years. I don't know how they do it in a business's world but in my field when you mess up there is a price to pay, that is why we don't make promises we can't keep.
    Last edited by NitroBlood; 11-25-08 at 06:46 AM.
    11-25-08 06:38 AM
    To the OP: Wahhhhh, put your big boy pants on and quit whining about this. If you're expending this much time/energy being upset about not getting your new toy the day it was released, you need to get a life and/or a hobby.

I would like a Storm and understand the low supply/high demand. I'll wait a couple months for the demand to die down and software updates.

You know what I'm going to do: Write my local paper and tell them of a great non-storm customer service experience I had on Sun. at my local VZW store.
    11-25-08 06:46 AM
    Supply and Demand, it's the key to a free market economy people should learn that, things are subject to change, and it's normally in a contract that's why generally you receive estimated delivery dates, if you order a car and the plant burns down before you get it do they give you free power seats? No, you wait or cancel your order and get your money back.
    11-25-08 06:58 AM
    I'm not tremendously upset about the delay in shipping my Storm. I ordered it online at 8am on 11/21. Recevied order confirmation within minutes. The "receipt" that's available under My Account at verizon.com shows the order was processed at 1pm EST on Saturday, 11/22. I called Saturday to check on the status, and I was told it would ship Monday for Tuesday delivery. After not getting any shipping notification or tracking number, I called on Monday. I was told my order was in the system but no shipping info available. Rep said to call back later. Two calls later and same result: no shipping information.

I'm really in no rush for the phone. What's gotten under my skin is the utter lack of communication from Verizon and the fact there's no information available when I call. GGRRRR

Update at 8:45am EST 11/25/08: I called again. Rep said she has a note in her system that all online orders placed on 11/21 will ship today (even if they weren't entered into the system until 11/22 like mine). Time will tell.
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 11-25-08 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Updated info
    11-25-08 07:40 AM
    Update at 8:45am EST 11/25/08: I called again. Rep said she has a note in her system that all online orders placed on 11/21 will ship today (even if they weren't entered into the system until 11/22 like mine). Time will tell.
    The CSR that I just spoke with said that she doesn't have any notes in her system to the above.

Also, my order, placed on 11/21 @ 9:30am EST, is in a "pending shipment" status. However, they can't confirm when it will be shipped, again quoting the "on or before Dec 8th".
    11-25-08 08:47 AM
113 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD