11-25-08 08:47 AM
113 1234 ...
tools
    Can I ask you a question, how can you compare a video game system release to a cell phone release which will only affect one cell phone carrier? And it's funny how you even throw Elmo into this. How can Verizon release a phone and not even provide all of there stores with them. And people were talking **** about the Iphone release, atleast all of the At&t/Apple stores had them instock. Like BGR said this all had to do with the OS problems that they were having. They didn't want to many people to have a beta Storm so they just sold a couple and plan to make the rest of the people wait till they upgrade the OS.
    If that was the case they would pull them off the shelves. There still flying out the door. VZW has been dogged for this release and if what you say would be true, then its just more bad press, and a reason for people to look at that other phone. Look for another conspiracy like the bailout and the economy.
    11-22-08 07:45 AM
    If that was the case they would pull them off the shelves. There still flying out the door. VZW has been dogged for this release and if what you say would be true, then its just more bad press, and a reason for people to look at that other phone. Look for another conspiracy like the bailout and the economy.
    Yes it does make sense, go to Boy Genius Report and you will see. He bought a Storm and has pictures of himself pulling off the sticker on the side of the box to show that a newer OS was shown. Verizon would not pull them off the shelves, nor would they push the date back 4 days before it was going to release. And that my friend is why they did a soft release. I mean come on, even T-Mobile had more G1's instock. Verizon is a good company but even they are worried about there money. They just laid off 3,000 jobs and plan to cut more Q1 2009.
    11-22-08 07:59 AM
    You do realize its just a cellphone right? You act as if verizon made a mistake that is taking lives or some ****...calm down

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 08:00 AM
    Spend a year over there in the sandbox like me, or more like several years like some of those Army boys. Spend birthdays, holidays, family deaths and more away from home. **** on your misunderstood rights. My brothers and I have bleed, yes I have BLEED for your rights to not be subjected to tyranny or be victim to terrorism; but your right to have a god damn cell phone? Get a eff'n life. If you are an adult, over the age of 17, I have to say it is embarasing to be in a position that means your life is more important than mine. Grow up.
    Amen brother - I couldn't have said it any better. And, thank you very much for your service to our country. The men and women of the military are my heroes.
    11-22-08 08:16 AM
    You know, some may consider this act of "being a ****ty provider" a smart move on verizon's part. In this ailing economy, this may be smart, ordering 150 phones per store, would be a waste to guarentee every person a phone when they can easily suffer a few days with out it by ordering one and recieving it a few days later. I mean sure its annoying that verizon didn't have enough in each store. I went to my local store, they had 60 and then got another shipment of 50 in and they all were sold out that day, i think verizon did there part where i live. But writing your paper to complain, is just a tad ridiculous, feel free to do so because its a free country, but you can't always go run to mommy and taddle everytime you have a problem
    I think you are the one who should be getting over his self...Shadup for crying out loud, and let people be pissed.
    11-22-08 08:20 AM
    Can I ask you a question, how can you compare a video game system release to a cell phone release which will only affect one cell phone carrier? And it's funny how you even throw Elmo into this. How can Verizon release a phone and not even provide all of there stores with them. And people were talking **** about the Iphone release, atleast all of the At&t/Apple stores had them instock. Like BGR said this all had to do with the OS problems that they were having. They didn't want to many people to have a beta Storm so they just sold a couple and plan to make the rest of the people wait till they upgrade the OS.
    Easy, because it's all about the number of people who would be interested in the product that's important. There are people who switched carriers just to get the Storm as well as those who paid full retail just to have one, not to mention all the businesses that currently have contracts and picked up a few to test out, my company wanted 4, I don't know if they were able to get them or not.

It isn't just about you.
    11-22-08 08:21 AM
    Amen brother - I couldn't have said it any better. And, thank you very much for your service to our country. The men and women of the military are my heroes.
    No, thank you for giving us a country to love and defend. My roots go back to the Revolutionary War, from both sides of the line, and 3rd straight gen sailor, so my love for this country is in my blood. I usually stay away from throwing that (military/war) out there but sometimes prospective is a good thing.
    11-22-08 08:26 AM
    Wow, it seems there are a lot of people with no patience or self control. It's one day...Even if it was a bad launch...OK, so you don't get the phone on the 21st you have to wait until the 22nd or 24th...Is it really that bad? What is a few days to get the phone you want? I saw another thread where someone said they would go to another carrier and a new phone if they couldn't get a Storm on launch day. That's ridiculous and a bad testament to that person's character in my opinion. No one has patience anymore, everyone wants everything "now" and that's one of the reasons this country is in the financial situation we're in (just my side note on that issue).
    11-22-08 08:27 AM
    All of us who got the short end of the stick yesterday, should write to our local papers with our story. I think VZW took advantage of the hype-factor and made it look like the STORM was the best thing since sliced bread and had so few to sell at their opening. The local papers make it look like it was so successful and they couldn't keep the STORM on the self, when in reality it's pretty darn easy to sell out just SIX!
    SERIOUSLY?!?!? You're actually complaining that they did a good job marketing this thing? As sooks would say...
    what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    11-22-08 08:29 AM
    Easy, because it's all about the number of people who would be interested in the product that's important. There are people who switched carriers just to get the Storm as well as those who paid full retail just to have one, not to mention all the businesses that currently have contracts and picked up a few to test out, my company wanted 4, I don't know if they were able to get them or not.

It isn't just about you.
    You are right about one thing, it isn't about me. I didn't want a Storm. As far as demand goes Verizon didn't even come close to meeting that. Like I said before, there were Verizon wireless stores that did not receive any. When the Ps3, Elmo, Wii came out stores did receive them. And yes I saw the impact the Storm had on some people, I mean I live in New York City which is a kinda large city. I just don't think Verizon did a good job on this one!
    11-22-08 08:31 AM
    If they had stocked the stores with all the phones, then the people who were told to order via telesales would be mad that Verizon didn't have a phone to send them. Nobody wins... You had to anticipate they would sell out otherwise you wouldn't have gone early. Deal.
    11-22-08 08:51 AM
    My goodness, it's a phone! We should write our local papers about a marketing strategy that Vz uses? Maybe if you never had a phone, needed to call 911 that morning after being told there wasn't any Storm's left, and nobody else in the store would lend you another phone, just maybe, there might be a reason! Other then that, just wait a couple of days. It's only a phone.
    11-22-08 09:12 AM
    Yep, our NOVA store had 30. All gone by 10am. I was in the store until 1pm waiting for their system to get online. Seems they should have learned from the Iphone opening problems.
    1pm? You're lucky. Here in the Philly suburbs, at rush hour last night, their system was still down.

/not holding my breath awaiting the call
    11-22-08 09:16 AM
    They don't call this place CRACKBERRY for nothing!! These are the true Crackberry addicts here on this site. That's what they thrive for and some, live for. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and if the people want to be pissed, let them be pissed!! Some peoples hobbies are there berries and that's what they like to do. I can't tell you what mine is because my post would be deleted if I did. It's just something to think about.
    11-22-08 09:28 AM
    please just shut up I hope you ppl are kidding me. Stay with your ****ty at&t if your going to cry
    11-22-08 09:33 AM
    ...my store only had 15 but i got there at 6am and i was #4...early bird gets the catch
    That's exactly right. What it means to be AMERICAN is to be self reliant, do what needs to be done and don't whine afterwards if you screwed it up.

I found out how many phones my store was going to have.

I showed up early enough to ensure I would get one.

I got one.

I don't like to lose.
    --Jim Kirk
    11-22-08 09:39 AM
    what about that guy that was first in line and didn't get one.. I waited in line my store had 20.. when i got there at 7am for 8am opening there were 60 people in line... and to process those people ahead of me would have been a 2 hour wait... i then got a call had to actually go and do some work... I called at 10am systems down/freeze on all ordering call back at 10:30am est.. i call back at 10:25 and waited on line for 5 minutes "asked some questions" till they could order them.. I ordered mine.. so now i may get it shipped on the 5th OR the 15th.

Now in the meantime... stores will be getting shipments dropped in prob every day or every other day.. and i'm stuck waiting what could be almost a month...

Enough of me ranting.. i just want to love this phone, i really do.. i just hope the screen gap(aka pocket dust collector) buttons and "click" screen pass the test of time(a few weeks in my case). I hope alot of people don't back out.
    11-22-08 10:00 AM
    VZW's intent with the phone in the first place wasn't to flood the stores with phones but to have most of there phones sold through online and telesales orders. You also have to realize that VZW sold almost 400,000 Storms yesterday. Its not like they only sold a few thousand. You have to take in cosideration that RIM is not as big of a manufacturer then some companies like motorola and lg. Therefore they are more limited on productions. Motorola shipped over 2 million razors when it initially launched and there were still shortages.

Most of all you need to remember that verizon doest just have 10 stores. They have over 2,000 stores across the US. this doesnt include orders that are placed online and over the phone either so thats another reason why the stock was so short in the stores. Overall i think the reason you are complaining is the same reason as everyone else does when they dont get something. Just like the PS3 launch and XBOX launch, oh yeah and that little IPHONE thing too.
    11-22-08 10:10 AM
    My store got 33, I was number 22. With any new product, especially a hyped one, you are going to have to stand in line. Like Bert said earlier, early bird gets the catch!
    11-22-08 10:11 AM
    I do have to say that the outrage here is kind of absurd. It's a friggin, cell phone. It's not like your paycheck wasn't given to you or Verizon was rationing out the last of the water in the U.S. and told you that they gave yours away. I am always surprised at people's reactions to these things. Get a life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 10:29 AM
    I wonder how many people that stood in line for the Storm and didn't get one and are pissed will also stand in line on Black Friday for a tv or dvd player and also not get it and be pissed. That would be a rough time. LOL. That's how it goes, you move on.
    11-22-08 10:44 AM
    What did you say to that cute lil' puppy. He looks like he's ready to cry.
    11-22-08 10:57 AM
    That puppy's freakin hilarious.
    11-22-08 11:01 AM
    Yeah he has that "I just sh*t on the rug look".
    11-22-08 11:05 AM
    Of course! VZW absolutely wanted to frustrate hundreds of thousands of customers yesterday. It was all a planned course of action that made their computer system to register new phones stop working.

With a release of 1.2 million phones, perhaps those outlets with that are ranked lowest for cell phone sales received *gasp* the lowest allotment?! (nah, that would be too obvious)
    Last edited by the1jake; 11-22-08 at 11:29 AM.
    11-22-08 11:13 AM
113 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD