My screen is hard to click on the sides...works great with paper trick.

Called VZW this AM to ask (and to add insurance). Guy said I would need to go into a store and have them assess and order my replacement. Ugh.

I went to verizon this evening, had to wait 15 minutes. finally get a rep and the she was like "oh yes, i see what you are saying about the toughness on this side, let me show the tech in the back"

10 min later...

"the tech says its fine...shes seen worse...it's a little stiffer but its supposed to be that way. you dont nearly have as much lag as others"

"i'm not concerned with the software..."

"i'm just saying, ours dont move as smooth as yours when you change directions"

"i updated my software"

"oh, well that explains it"

"so....about the click..."

"its not bad, thanks for coming in!"

wtf....

isn't the customer always right?
    12-02-08 06:11 PM
    Go to another Store.
    12-02-08 06:16 PM
    lol i just want it in the mail
    12-02-08 06:21 PM
    Call *611. Explain the situation to the CS rep. I did this yesterday and my replacement unit is on it's way. I was told it would be a new unit (we'll see tomorrow). I am currently tracking it on Fedex. I wouldn't deal with your local store. I also told the rep online, politely, if Verizon didn't realize it was an issue with their screen, they should get online, people are putting business cards in the back to make it work right. since they didn't seem to report that it was a "known issue". Good luck.
    12-02-08 07:08 PM
    Yep call *611, I physically broke my storm on friday, called monday, got my new one today and i am up and running again.
    12-02-08 07:18 PM
    Yeah. I went to a store and they were rude to me. The guy actually took my thumb and pressed it in the corner to show me it clicked. Then they told me to call 611. I did and a new one is on the way. Both the store and phone said they haven't heard anything about this problem.
    12-02-08 07:36 PM
    I called a few days ago and they told me I wouldn't get one for a few weeks? Hmm should I call back?
    12-02-08 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD