Why is it that as popular as the storm is, the VZW corporate stores have no accessories in stock for it?

I wanted to get the Desktop Cradle at the local corp store in Orlando (not a small market here) and they said they dont stock them. I asked if any other local corp store has them, and they said no, that you have to order storm accessories via the web.

Im a major impulse buyer and when i want something, i want it now. Dont you think this is a load of crap for VZW not to stock these things in thier corporate store???
    04-04-09 03:43 PM
    No I don't think it's a load of crap. They're not in business of selling accessories, they're in the business of selling plans. That's like saying that all car dealerships should stock every different kind of wheel available for each model they sell.

Be an informed consumer and go find one online where it's cheaper anyway.

And, your thread title says "have no Storm". 1. That's not grammatically correct, 2. It's not really what your thread was about. If you want to rant, do it right.
    04-04-09 03:46 PM
    when i bought my storm i wanted the cradle too and a silicon case and they showed them there but on display. they told me that it had to be shipped to me. wtf is that all about?!?!? it took 3 days to get but still you would think it would be at the store!
    04-04-09 03:50 PM
    when i bought my storm i wanted the cradle too and a silicon case and they showed them there but on display. they told me that it had to be shipped to me. wtf is that all about?!?!? it took 3 days to get but still you would think it would be at the store!
    The stores stock the items that are more prone to sell, the Storm is the newest blackberry so the demand for accessories might not be as high as say the Curve. When they have enough demand for accessories, they will stock them. You can get things far cheaper on the net anyway......
    04-04-09 03:57 PM
    They have a ton of accessories at my Verizon store.
    04-04-09 04:15 PM

They have a ton of accessories at my Verizon store.
    04-04-09 04:22 PM
    No I don't think it's a load of crap. They're not in business of selling accessories, they're in the business of selling plans. That's like saying that all car dealerships should stock every different kind of wheel available for each model they sell.

Be an informed consumer and go find one online where it's cheaper anyway.

And, your thread title says "have no Storm". 1. That's not grammatically correct, 2. It's not really what your thread was about. If you want to rant, do it right.
    After reading your post, it's funny that YOU criticize someone else for grammar problems.

I generally agree with your overall point. However, a VZW store should have accessories in stock for one of its flagship phones.
    04-04-09 05:18 PM
    The stores stock the items that are more prone to sell, the Storm is the newest blackberry so the demand for accessories might not be as high as say the Curve. When they have enough demand for accessories, they will stock them. You can get things far cheaper on the net anyway......
    very good point i didnt view it that way
    04-04-09 05:36 PM
    Absolute Fail. You really don't realize the emphasis put on accessory sales out of corporate stores. Its a major factor that reps are based off of.

Also it probably wasn't that much of a high traffic store. "A" level corporate stores get more accessories sent to them. You won't find some of the "rarer" (cradles/certain bluetooths/batteries/cables) accessories at "B" and "C" level stores as they don't sell them nearly as much, so those products are shipped to higher producing stores.

Now with that said regardless of store size level it should be carrying most silicones, snap ones and pouches/sleeves. These along with screen protectors and obviously car chargers should be found in every corporate store. The only way they won't is if you catch them in one of the days before their next week truck shipment comes in and they have sold out.

The stores ICS has probably sent a request for these items to be shipped for sales, but in most instances they will not be shipped to stores unless there are records of the item being dfilled (shipped) to customers from in store orders. Otherwise they will not see a market for selling the items and will be less likely to send them. Its a flawed system yes, but you actually aren't helping it by declining to have one sent to you.
    Last edited by jcharris08; 04-04-09 at 09:59 PM.
    04-04-09 09:51 PM
    demand for storm accessories is easily higher then demand for curve accessories.
    04-04-09 10:22 PM
    Why is it that as popular as the storm is, the VZW corporate stores have no accessories in stock for it?

I wanted to get the Desktop Cradle at the local corp store in Orlando (not a small market here) and they said they dont stock them. I asked if any other local corp store has them, and they said no, that you have to order storm accessories via the web.

Im a major impulse buyer and when i want something, i want it now. Dont you think this is a load of crap for VZW not to stock these things in thier corporate store???
    You should be grateful. Retail stores are usually more expensive with that stuff. Go online and buy it.
    04-04-09 10:46 PM
    demand for storm accessories is easily higher then demand for curve accessories.
    Considering how long the Curve has been out as compared to the Storm, I would have to disagree with that. There are waay more Curves out there than Storms. The Storm is a hot seller right now, the Curve has been VZW's best selling Blackberry for far longer.
    04-04-09 11:24 PM
    Absolute Fail. You really don't realize the emphasis put on accessory sales out of corporate stores. Its a major factor that reps are based off of.
    I agree. I upgraded phones for my two girls recently and got a real hard sell for cases and accessories, even as I told the guy that neither of my teen age girls had ANY interest in the no name, Plain Jane case and such being sold in the corp stores.

For that we had to go to the local mall for Hello Kitty and bright neon colored cases for the Voyager and Dare.

I couldn't even think of anything I needed for my Storm to placate the guy.

b.b.
    04-05-09 03:37 AM
    Considering how long the Curve has been out as compared to the Storm, I would have to disagree with that. There are waay more Curves out there than Storms. The Storm is a hot seller right now, the Curve has been VZW's best selling Blackberry for far longer.
    Actually how long the curve has been out works against it. The demand has severely died down for curve accessories as most people already have them because accessories for the most part are bought at point of sale. The storm is the hot seller and sells more accessories then any other device. It also has more options then any other device in a corporate store. I work throughout our entire zone (7 stores throughout virginia) and the storm sales more accessories then anything, while curve accessories are typically only seen sold when someone buys one, there are rarely walk in purchases. Now with that said I could be wrong but based off what I see thats the case.
    04-05-09 09:13 AM
    Actually how long the curve has been out works against it. The demand has severely died down for curve accessories as most people already have them because accessories for the most part are bought at point of sale. The storm is the hot seller and sells more accessories then any other device. It also has more options then any other device in a corporate store. I work throughout our entire zone (7 stores throughout virginia) and the storm sales more accessories then anything, while curve accessories are typically only seen sold when someone buys one, there are rarely walk in purchases. Now with that said I could be wrong but based off what I see thats the case.
    Maybe it's a regional thing, one of my best friends since college works for VZW in Charlotte and she sells more Curves than anything. She says Storm sales were/are strong, but they have never kept the same volume of inventory on hand as the Curve, they simply never get large shipments of Storms and when they do, they sit for a while. They eventually sell, but shelf time is far longer for Storms than Curves. They average around 200 Curves a week compared about 50 Storms.

Obviously if you are in the business you are more informed on this than I am and have far more sales info than I can get during our casual conversations over coffee.
    04-05-09 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD