What do you guys think? Think that the corp stores are getting more Storm shipments this week given that the tele/computer sales people don't have them in stock?
    11-23-08 07:37 PM
    Wishful thinking but seriously doubtful. I went to 3 corp stores, called 2 BB's and went to CC and they all told me the same thing.

VZW store each told me from this point on they are only pre-ordering for customers and having them shipped to your door. Soonest ETA is Dec 15.
    BB in my area have a few on hand but they are already allotted to customers that pre-orderd and put down $50......ETA, approx 2 weeks at best.

CC told me the same thing the corp store told me.....they are considered VZW corp.

I called CS and asked and they also told me i can place an order and it will be shipped no later than Dec 15.
    I'm in a world of hurt.
    11-23-08 07:43 PM
    I seriouslly doubt it!
    11-23-08 07:43 PM
    Have you heard that? or are you just hoping? Most stores that are sold out are not getting more until December or so.
    11-23-08 07:45 PM
    They might but maybe not tomorrow but for sure they going to get some before Dec 15. I went to verzion today to exchange my storm cause it has a defect. He said the fast way of me getting a new one is for me to wait for them to get it in the store.
    11-23-08 07:51 PM
    Have you heard that? or are you just hoping? Most stores that are sold out are not getting more until December or so.
    Just asking... everytime I try to get an answer from corp store reps they give me the "We don't know for sure, the best you can do is keep checking back with us." Like I want to call them daily to see if they got any in stock... it would've been nice to have had a reservation system like BestBuy and if someone cancelled, they'd just give the phone to the next person on their list.
    11-24-08 07:32 AM
    I heard from two local stores that they will have more Tuesday. Of course this was a day or two ago, so I'm not sure how things have changed. Good luck!
    11-24-08 07:55 AM
    Does anyone know if you order one online or through corporate now, will they charge your CC or will they wait until it ships before they charge your CC?
    11-24-08 08:04 AM
    Do what I did...get the iphone. Yes, it was on spite but as it turns out it's a better phone than the storm. That's my answer to blackberry's marketing attempt at creating a fenzy by intentionally sending a low shipment count to the stores.

As for the performance of the Storm, I went in on Saturday to mess around with the demo and did for about 20 minutes. I then went back today and did it again for about 30 minutes. I did this to get a good feel for what the storm offered in comparison to the iphone. As it turns out, for what I'm looking for in this type of a device the iphone outperforms the storm. The one big thing that stood out is exactly what the critics complain about, it's too slow in toggling back and forth between applications. The click screen is no big deal and the fact that you don't get the full keyboard in portrait mode is no big deal as it's easier to type in landscape and they'll probably fix it anyway in the the next firmware update. The biggest problem is how slow it is.
    11-24-08 05:14 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    They aren't getting any in til mid-December.
    Do what I did...get the iphone. Yes, it was on spite but as it turns out it's a better phone than the storm. That's my answer to blackberry's marketing attempt at creating a fenzy by intentionally sending a low shipment count to the stores.

As for the performance of the Storm, I went in on Saturday to mess around with the demo and did for about 20 minutes. I then went back today and did it again for about 30 minutes. I did this to get a good feel for what the storm offered in comparison to the iphone. As it turns out, for what I'm looking for in this type of a device the iphone outperforms the storm. The one big thing that stood out is exactly what the critics complain about, it's too slow in toggling back and forth between applications. The click screen is no big deal and the fact that you don't get the full keyboard in portrait mode is no big deal as it's easier to type in landscape and they'll probably fix it anyway in the the next firmware update. The biggest problem is how slow it is.
    11-24-08 05:20 PM

enjoy your awesome 3G Coverage
    11-24-08 05:23 PM
    I called the store where I bought mine, and asked when they would be getting more in, the sales rep answered, "Maybe Friday, hopefully."
    11-24-08 05:27 PM

Why do SOME iPhone users feel the need to track down a Blackberry forum website, and go through the effort of signing-up, just to say that they prefer the iPhone over the Storm?

You bought an iPhone? Wow, good work!! Congrats on firmly establishing your PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

Humm... I'm a Mac user... I think i'll go join a Windows forum just to let the know that I prefer Macs.
    11-24-08 05:35 PM
    LISTEN TO THIS!

Guys, I was let in on a big secret from a vzw outlet owner. They restricted the number of units available at launch. Because of this RIM-induced supply shortage, any storms currently at a store will only be sold to new contracts. So, if you go into a store today and look to upgrade a current phone, they will not sell you a storm, EVEN if they have some in stock! I was lucky enough to be switching over from T-Mobile, so they allowed me to purchase a storm. They didn't tell me they had one until I told them I needed to sign a fresh contract. Very shady, indeed.
    11-24-08 05:36 PM
    Wanna know why they are dodging your question? It isn't because they don't know. It is because they are NOT getting more. Not this week, not next week...theyre filling orders by shipping from fulfillment. Right now, as far as I know they probably will not see them back in the stores until the 2nd week of December. The update they are doing to the phone prior to release (which has caused the delay--because RIM made plenty of them) takes 1/2 hour per phone to run, and they won't send them to Corporate stores or retailers until it is complete. I am an indirect retailer for VZW and they have basically screwed us by holding back product until after Corporate Stores, major retailers, and telemarketing have had their fill. Fortunately I have an account with another distributor, and I was able to get them, but there are a lot of guys out there like me who were counting on this for the holidays as a major win...
    11-24-08 05:45 PM
    LISTEN TO THIS!

Guys, I was let in on a big secret from a vzw outlet owner. They restricted the number of units available at launch. Because of this RIM-induced supply shortage, any storms currently at a store will only be sold to new contracts. So, if you go into a store today and look to upgrade a current phone, they will not sell you a storm, EVEN if they have some in stock! I was lucky enough to be switching over from T-Mobile, so they allowed me to purchase a storm. They didn't tell me they had one until I told them I needed to sign a fresh contract. Very shady, indeed.
    The supply shortage was not RIM induced--it is VZW induced because they had to upgrade the software in the 11th hour. And you are correct they will sell one to a porting customer before they sell one to an existing customer--pretty bogus. I don't operate my business like that.
    11-24-08 06:02 PM
    LISTEN TO THIS!

entirely untrue. we were giving storms to people that wanted to exchange their dare or voyager, or ones that were upgrading. my store, in fact, had no new customers from other carriers port and get a storm in store. so you can nix the consipracy theory about verizon only selling it to new customers.
    11-24-08 06:09 PM
    entirely untrue. we were giving storms to people that wanted to exchange their dare or voyager, or ones that were upgrading. my store, in fact, had no new customers from other carriers port and get a storm in store. so you can nix the consipracy theory about verizon only selling it to new customers.

Happy to hear your store isn't like the ones in the NYMetro market, because they did put phones aside for customers doing new lines and deny phones to upgrading customers the first day--and that is a fact, because 2 showed up in my store(indirect)...and I also heard it directly from a sales person in a VZW store. No conspiracy here...I speak the truth.

But, on a high note, I love my Storm--it is all that & a bag o chips!
    11-24-08 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD