Just wanted to let everyone know I called the State College PA store for the 4th time today regarding the Storm and Friday...
    Here's what you need to know:

Store opens at 8AM - Verizon stores CANNOT sell them before that time...
    Store employees will be handing out vouchers starting 7AM to those in line... first come first served.
    Store expects a LOT of people... they have had a LOT of calls about the Storm... advised I get there at 7AM at the latest... maybe I should aim for closer to 6am than 7am now... hmmm

Also, the store received Live Demo units today... I will be stopping there on the way home from work to check it out... **** I'm leaving work early just to go check it out!

I have also checked 3 times and they say no problem for my business account early upgrade using an upgrade from a diff line that mine... I insisted they check my account each time and they said no problem.
    The staff at the State College store are VERY friendly and knowledgeable btw... they've always been honest with me there...
    11-18-08 02:09 PM
    I do agree that it will be first come first serve.My local store doesn't open until 9 so I had to find another store in my area that opens @ 8 so I wouldn't be too late to work. The CSR told me that if store runs out they can order it and gurantee deliver for Saturday by noon. Keeping fingers crossed that I can get it in store but I'll settle for Saturday (have plans friday nite don't want to be tempted to stay home and play with my Storm). I'm just ready for this agony to end lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 02:31 PM
    My is also first come first serve. And they open at 7am.
    11-18-08 02:34 PM
    aren't people getting just a little too crazy about this?
    11-18-08 02:50 PM
    Did they tell you if it matters if you're paying full retail?
    11-18-08 03:22 PM
    So I just left the store after playing with the storm... All I can say is WOW! I can't wait till friday morning now...

Manager was hiding it in his pocket but pulled it out after I asked about it... He let me run wild with it... Damn thing is awesome.

Software version .65....
    43MB Free Memory
    No freezes
    Lag between portrait and landscape was about 1 second... Seemed perfect
    Video playback flawless... Entered in and out of all videos smoothly...
    Screen is to die for!
    The screen click is just amazing...

GAP... Give me a break... The gap on my 8830 that I type this on is way bigger!

Ill write more later.. Gotta go home now...

Oh... And he confirmed OTA updates for everyone... I even said are you sure cause ppl on crackberry are arguing... he said yes. They will update and charge everyones stornm on friday.... Said they have about 50 or 60 ppl that have called about it...

Cheers!

11-18-08 04:10 PM
    Perhaps an obvious next question: Assuming the store at state college is not the only one handing out vouchers to those in line early, did you think to ask if you are able to show up early, get a voucher and come back later in the day to pick it up? Perhaps on lunch break from work or after work?

Thanks.
    11-18-08 04:38 PM
    I live in state college, and as soon as I read this I went to the verizon store to play with it....but the damn "manager" took it home with him at 5:30, and I got there at 5:45....so I gotta go back tomorrow...

Also FYI, I know of several people (myself included) who are showing up at 5am to wait in line....so you may want to show up earlier too.....I've even been told by 2 others they are showing up at 3am or so....

And I asked the manager there, and no, they arnt handing out any "tickets" just first come first serve.
    11-18-08 04:59 PM
    Perhaps I should get there even earlier then!

And they told me on numerous occasions that they are handing out vouchers... And also the will hand out backup vouchers incase people in front don't get as many as they said they would...

And I got the impression you had to use the voucher there at that time...

11-18-08 06:12 PM
    This is making me sad...I though 6:30 arrival would have been great, but now I'm thinking this might be late. I have NO way of getting there earlier, so I guess it's tough **** for me if I'm there an HOUR AND A HALF before the store opens and I still don't get one. Balls.

daaaaaan. just an fyi, you blow. take me with you!
    11-19-08 12:18 AM
    This is making me sad...I though 6:30 arrival would have been great, but now I'm thinking this might be late. I have NO way of getting there earlier, so I guess it's tough **** for me if I'm there an HOUR AND A HALF before the store opens and I still don't get one. Balls.

daaaaaan. just an fyi, you blow. take me with you!
    I say us Crackberry people help each other out...
    When I called yesterday they said you will get one voucher for each phone that you plan on buying... you can change your mind once you get to the counter and get less than you have vouchers for...

So... why don't the first few of us there grab a few extra for people later in line? Or just reserve a spot in line for people that went to "use the bathroom..."

I think I should be there by 6 at the latest...
    11-19-08 07:24 AM
    Word to that...........I should be up at STATE right now but I am back in Philly on co-op until Spring semester. Def hit me up pm style and get me your PINS (especially State College ppl and PSU students). This will be my first BB and can't wait for the Storm! Good luck to everyone on launch day cuz you know PSU students are used to camping out for things. I did Paternoville for the Michigan game and that was a 5 day camp out situation lol
    11-19-08 07:42 AM
    the release vzw software will be .86
    11-19-08 07:51 AM
    Word to that...........I should be up at STATE right now but I am back in Philly on co-op until Spring semester. Def hit me up pm style and get me your PINS (especially State College ppl and PSU students). This will be my first BB and can't wait for the Storm! Good luck to everyone on launch day cuz you know PSU students are used to camping out for things. I did Paternoville for the Michigan game and that was a 5 day camp out situation lol
    Sure thing...

I'm not a student, just live and work over here... From England originally... But I party enough with PSU students... lol
    But yeah it's always cool to keep in touch with ppl who have similar interests!

Cheers!
    11-19-08 08:00 AM
    Wow Storm hypebeast in full affect. Someone is going to get bodied on Friday lol.
    11-19-08 08:01 AM
    Sure thing...

I'm not a student, just live and work over here... From England originally... But I party enough with PSU students... lol
    But yeah it's always cool to keep in touch with ppl who have similar interests!

Cheers!
    It's all good......... downtown state college is a good time no matter what.......I think it may be time to test your drinking skills once i get back up there lol. I agree it is always nice to be in touch with people that share the same interests, especially with the storm because I a noob! Cheers mate
    11-19-08 08:37 AM
    It's all good......... downtown state college is a good time no matter what.......I think it may be time to test your drinking skills once i get back up there lol. I agree it is always nice to be in touch with people that share the same interests, especially with the storm because I a noob! Cheers mate
    Sounds like a plan! But we all know you Americans can't drink worth a damn anyway...
    11-19-08 09:03 AM
    The staff at the State College store are VERY friendly and knowledgeable btw... they've always been honest with me there...

Why, thank you!!!!!!
    11-19-08 09:11 AM
    I agree! One of the women at the Verizon store convinced me to give my Pearl a second chance when I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it. Thanks to her, I am a BIG Crackberry addict and will be outside the SC store at 4:45AM on Friday!

Thank god my only class Friday is at 12:20, so now I'll have alllllllllll day to play with my new Storm!!! <3
    11-19-08 09:39 AM
    Sounds like a plan! But we all know you Americans can't drink worth a damn anyway...
    hahaha yeaaaaaaaaah right.

But hey, if some crazy girl starts yelling out "who is british turbo?!" in the line, that's me!
    11-19-08 09:44 AM
    hahaha yeaaaaaaaaah right.

But hey, if some crazy girl starts yelling out "who is british turbo?!" in the line, that's me!
    LMAO that's pretty funny... if you wanna make it easy goto myspace / britishturbo
    11-19-08 10:05 AM
    Why, thank you!!!!!!
    Did I mention the girls are all very attractive as well as helpful?
    11-19-08 10:06 AM
    I agree! One of the women at the Verizon store convinced me to give my Pearl a second chance when I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it. Thanks to her, I am a BIG Crackberry addict and will be outside the SC store at 4:45AM on Friday!

Thank god my only class Friday is at 12:20, so now I'll have alllllllllll day to play with my new Storm!!! <3
    Perhaps I should get up at 4 then and not 5!
    11-19-08 10:07 AM
    Ahhhh we will def see about that. I am seasoned (# 3 party school) and have a love for good German beer so I know what its like to drink real beer. We will def get some .5L beers someday and some college chicks!
    11-19-08 10:19 AM
    Ahhhh we will def see about that. I am seasoned (# 3 party school) and have a love for good German beer so I know what its like to drink real beer. We will def get some .5L beers someday and some college chicks!
    Sounds like a plan!!!!

11-19-08 11:08 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD