05-29-09 12:50 PM
286 ... 9101112
tools
    Ok let me explain for you and for everyone else who doesn't understand this.

9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel203_PL4.0.0.181_A4.7.0.148.ex e

The update Verizon is planning to release is 4.7.0.148. It is RELEASE/PACKAGE .203 as you can see bolded above. Carriers DO NOT release application versions. For instance, AT&T just release Application version .231 for the 8900, but they named it 4.6.1.353 as ALL carriers do.
    .203 isn't the Platform nor the Application version it is the Rel_ #.
    The device software that Verizon plans on releasing according to the pic on the blog is 4.7.0.148.
    You should use your big mod stick and add this to the first post
    05-29-09 11:12 AM
    Ok let me explain for you and for everyone else who doesn't understand this.

9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel203_PL4.0.0.181_A4.7.0.148.ex e

The update Verizon is planning to release is 4.7.0.148. It is RELEASE/PACKAGE .203 as you can see bolded above. Carriers DO NOT release application versions. For instance, AT&T just release Application version .231 for the 8900, but they named it 4.6.1.353 as ALL carriers do.
    .203 isn't the Platform nor the Application version it is the Rel_ #.
    The device software that Verizon plans on releasing according to the pic on the blog is 4.7.0.148.

thanks CX ! like i said in my post, maybe i didnt explain myself good enough. im not saying I think its .203 more than i'm saying i hope it is or can be. lol. if you see at the end i personally think it is .148. unlike other people who just come out and are plain rude at least you gave an explanation as to how it works. and since you are about as trusted as trusted comes now i can just download the leak and get it on my phone early.
    05-29-09 11:14 AM
    Anybody out there not able to text? Did an upgrade to .148 not able to text or send email. Any ideas?????
    first do the infamous batt pull see it that helps
    05-29-09 11:15 AM
    In a nutshell my noobs, don't get to excited about the release because it's already here to be had.

Please MOD's, don' let this thread get to big with speculation on how great this 148 build is. In fact, you ought to just close this thread because there is really nothing more to discuss.
    05-29-09 11:21 AM
    NO that didnt do the trick...still getting (SMS error 3,Message ID 75)
    05-29-09 11:25 AM
    Anybody out there not able to text? Did an upgrade to .148 not able to text or send email. Any ideas?????
    05-29-09 11:31 AM
    sst619,

is your phone on?
    did you pay your bill?
    did you try a battery pull?
    what is the error message you get when you try to sms?

we need more details
    05-29-09 11:33 AM
    I had this error forever. The number will grow with each SMS you send in error. It happened on .113. Never saw it again and never found a fix other than loading a new OS. Search and you will find a couple threads on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 11:34 AM
    So lemme get this right? Verizon is releasing a new OS for the Blackberry Storm 9530 unit? Wow! and its this weekend? ya dont say?! I had no idea and I was so happy with .75 that I dont see the point of an update!

Sorry been up all night working on stuff so Im feeling silly.

Truth is this update will not really matter to most of the people on this site but to the other million or so storm users it will be a major step up. Vzw is quite picky about what is pushed out to devices as most people have no idea of what it takes to prepare to send a large (by mobile standards) update like this. Takes the network, data and customer sides all working together.. because like I always say.. None of you will be on the phone when that soccer mom from new jersey pulls the battery during the install an bricks her phone.. Think this will be (barring an major issues with this os at the last minute) the last update till the end of the year time frame. say around november 16th..
    05-29-09 11:36 AM
    idk how i came up with the corrupt database idea...but i'm glad it helps people, especially with .148 (bridge to business FTW)

this is one OS that we should all load, no matter what carrier...as long as you're on a 9530, you NEED .148!!!

I just removed all the 3rd party apps except meterberry, and the theme I'm using. I booted up to 48. and now after 18 minutes of up-time it just dropped 5.3 MB. I'm afraid I'm going to have to get rid of my theme.

But Thanks Patches for memory leak fix! I'm going to have to have my BES Admin turn off the backups so I can do a decent restore.

kthxbai

D2
    05-29-09 11:38 AM
    welcome
    stupid white letters
    05-29-09 11:43 AM
    the green light or fail stamp is being unleashed today, so we will have it no sooner than sunday. sorry for those of you expecting it any sooner. but sunday is the soonest. it takes a good 48 hours after approval to package and push the update.
    05-29-09 11:56 AM
    With .148, when listening to music with headphones, if I put the media player in the background (even if it's just locking the phone), almost every single time when a song finishes the next song begins playing muted.

I have tried many things but I can not seem to fix this. I never have this issue if the media player is in the front, displaying the album art and all.

I have asked a couple of time if people could check this and never heard back. Does anyone else have this issue with .148? I had this problem intermittently with other builds but was able to fix it. With .148 it is a rare exception that the next song isn't muted.

I have all my music files in the music folder with no subfolders..should I have sub folders? I have over 650 songs in there......
    05-29-09 12:01 PM
    With .148, when listening to music with headphones, if I put the media player in the background (even if it's just locking the phone), almost every single time when a song finishes the next song begins playing muted.

I have tried many things but I can not seem to fix this. I never have this issue if the media player is in the front, displaying the album art and all.

I have asked a couple of time if people could check this and never heard back. Does anyone else have this issue with .148? I had this problem intermittently with other builds but was able to fix it. With .148 it is a rare exception that the next song isn't muted.

I have all my music files in the music folder with no subfolders..should I have sub folders? I have over 650 songs in there......
    if you leave the device unlocked and on the "Now playing" screen it should avoid this, it's a known issue...i've reported to the people in the know...

even more annoying is that if i go into "my ringtones" and play them, they will start muted. so then i have to hit "stop" and "play" and they work right...wtf?
    05-29-09 12:04 PM
    I have a quick question. I have .148 and I am very happy with it, besides memory leak and that prob has to do with the tons of apps on my phone and weatherbug. Anyways...I know on all the OS's after .75 the dial pad is cut off on 3rd party themes, as it still is on .148. Will the Verizon official .148 fix this because it is official or will it still be the same. Just wondering if I should keep my leaked .148 or wipe and load the official on Sun. Thanks.
    05-29-09 12:06 PM
    If .148 was released, that would be nice. Seeing as to how .148 is the best out there in my opinion. If I had .75 and went to .148 from an official update, I would be amazed by how that phone turns into a night and day diffrence. So this would be a good move on there end. They will be higher then the competetion.
    05-29-09 12:06 PM
    I wont believe it until i see it....(frustrated bb user who waits too long for a new os)
    05-29-09 12:11 PM
    if you leave the device unlocked and on the "Now playing" screen it should avoid this, it's a known issue...i've reported to the people in the know...

even more annoying is that if i go into "my ringtones" and play them, they will start muted. so then i have to hit "stop" and "play" and they work right...wtf?
    Well that stinks that I can't put the phone in my pocket and listen to music with out worrying about pressing buttons unless I am ready to press a button in between each song.......

This wasn't an issue with earlier builds was it?
    05-29-09 12:18 PM
    Where are you located. Virginia?
    05-29-09 12:20 PM
    it was like this in the last few leaks...but i've reported to powers that be, hope to see a resolution coming in later builds.
    05-29-09 12:21 PM

I only HOPE that these realtively TINY issues don't cause .148 to fail at the last minute. Because they are way smaller than the audio issues that go all the way back to .75
    05-29-09 12:22 PM
    Is May 31 official?
    05-29-09 12:24 PM
    may 31st is officially going to be may 31st, so that's official.
    05-29-09 12:25 PM
    This may be a dumb question, but will the "release" from Verizon likely be exactly what was published as a leak? Or, do they package the build differently when it's official?
    05-29-09 12:27 PM
    may 31st is officially going to be may 31st, so that's official.
    Dude, you RULE.... I damn near fell out of my chair laughing again.....
    05-29-09 12:28 PM
286 ... 9101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD