So if .203 is approved, will everyone not be able to get it on the same day? If not, how will it work as far as having the green light to download?

I've had my Storm since January, so im not familiar with how the process worked when you all were first able to get .75
    This will of course hit as a download in .exe form very soon after release.
    05-29-09 08:37 AM
    .148 has been working beautifully on my phone.

If .148 is causing you major problems and it's been less than a year since you bought your phone (which it has to be), you might just want a new one.

Go to a Verizon store and tell the techies that your screen is malfunctioning or that you have dust, etc. They'll ship you a new or refurb device. It might do the trick.

Now that Verizon may have actually passed a build, do you think that RIM has a better idea of what they want? Could this lead to more frequent official releases?
    05-29-09 08:39 AM
    Here is the name of the Downloaded 148. It is Release 203, Platform 181, and OS Version 148

9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel203_PL4.0.0.181_A4.7.0.148

So this the 148 that we have been running for weeks. And by installing with this you can use shrink OS to strip out the junk you don't want. You won't be able to do that with the Verizon update.
    05-29-09 08:52 AM
    I hope you were talking about the OTA VZW update, because if you wait for the .exe you should still be able to strip out all the nonessential stuff still.
    05-29-09 08:57 AM
    IMHO camera is still too slow, too much overall lag, accelerometer is too laggy still, battery sucks, and reboot times are waaaay too slow.
    That's what happens when you let software run things that hardware needs to run. You're always at the mercy of the CPU and related controllers. If it's not too busy you can take a picture right now, if it's busy you're screwed. It's possible to prioritize the camera if it's active but there's probably too much other stuff going on sometimes that really can't be kept waiting. The camera on the Storm is never going to be fast.

Reboot times are ridiculous! It woudn't much matter though if you didn't have to reboot it very often.

I personally like the Storm though. The camera is nothing I would ever depend on. If I needed instant access to recording I'd just go with the video camera. I'd never think of it as my primary camera though in any event. I always say as long as your subject is not moveable teh Storm camera is fine. Car shows, turtles, that type of thing.

Accelerometer? It does sometimes have a mind of its own. Firmware at the mercy of the OS at this point. They could flip the screen RFN with firmware but then you have to let the OS/software know and let it catch up so you just end up waiting anyway. I think the way it seems to work now is it sends the request and sometimes it doesn't get serviced for a while. There doesn't seem to be any particular pattern. I have to say that most of the time my screen flips quickly.
    05-29-09 08:58 AM
    Here is the name of the Downloaded 148. It is Release 203, Platform 181, and OS Version 148

9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel203_PL4.0.0.181_A4.7.0.148

So this the 148 that we have been running for weeks. And by installing with this you can use shrink OS to strip out the junk you don't want. You won't be able to do that with the Verizon update.
    This has only been stated 10x

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by howarmat; 05-29-09 at 09:03 AM.
    05-29-09 09:00 AM
    .148 isnt that great. Guess this phone really just doesnt have the potential i thought it did.

Oh well! iPhone2 needs to come out faster!
    Ill second that !!!!!!!!!
    05-29-09 09:00 AM
    This has only been stated 10x

Yup, and yet people still come and post, "Oh wow, OS .203! Should be awesome to see the new improvements!" Unfortunately, it's going to need repeating.
    05-29-09 09:06 AM
    apparently...
    05-29-09 09:08 AM
    IMHO -this is going to be an issue. The fact that it has the media change bug (volume dropping out) and the loss of color depth alone.

I know if I was on .75 and upgraded and all of a sudden my device has lost a large portion of its color palette (for which I bought the phone and for which it is labeled as having) I would be very pissed. In fact, I have not been p/o'd only b/c these were leaks and not an official OS. The loss of color palette is also somewhat visible in the camera and video camera application as well. If the device is advertised as having 32K colors and it only displays 16K - even if it is just in the home screen - -the device is now defective. Again - its just my opinion, but if I bought a video card and it was supposed to display 1080p and it worked in games but not on Blu Ray movies - I'd want my money back.
    05-29-09 09:13 AM
    Ill second that !!!!!!!!!
    You won't have to with an iPhone. There's probably an app for that.

I just wonder if the rest of the BASIC editing functions, screen shifting, messaging and email features will work on the next version of the cute little trendy toy.
    05-29-09 09:13 AM
    No verizon is slow on OS release figure a six month turn around for next OS. Which would b Nov. So I bet it will Be OS 5.0 series.
    .148 has been working beautifully on my phone.

If .148 is causing you major problems and it's been less than a year since you bought your phone (which it has to be), you might just want a new one.

Go to a Verizon store and tell the techies that your screen is malfunctioning or that you have dust, etc. They'll ship you a new or refurb device. It might do the trick.

Now that Verizon may have actually passed a build, do you think that RIM has a better idea of what they want? Could this lead to more frequent official releases?
    05-29-09 09:15 AM
    IMHO -this is going to be an issue. The fact that it has the media change bug (volume dropping out) and the loss of color depth alone.

I know if I was on .75 and upgraded and all of a sudden my device has lost a large portion of its color palette (for which I bought the phone and for which it is labeled as having) I would be very pissed. In fact, I have not been p/o'd only b/c these were leaks and not an official OS. The loss of color palette is also somewhat visible in the camera and video camera application as well. If the device is advertised as having 32K colors and it only displays 16K - even if it is just in the home screen - -the device is now defective. Again - its just my opinion, but if I bought a video card and it was supposed to display 1080p and it worked in games but not on Blu Ray movies - I'd want my money back.

The device probably could survive a class action test. There certainly is enough wrong to judge it defective. It is rumored that VZW gave up on the GPS disabling because their legal people told them they would lose a challenge for sure. RIM should probably offer the Storm 2 to present Storm owners at a substancial discount. They won't though and then when they drop suppoprt for it a class will begin. Just a prediction.
    05-29-09 09:19 AM
    If we don't get a decent deal on the Storm2 after how much trouble we have to go through just to make this phone usable I'm jumping ship from Verizon.
    05-29-09 09:27 AM
    verizon is playing with everyone here. they must know about the .148 leak but in that screen shot on the front page it states .203. kinda confusing. there are those who say that that is just the platform number and not the OS but the truth is no one really knows for sure what it is. of course VZW can also be putting .203 out there for the ones who are less informed and now think they are getting a newer update than the leak. it is obvious they need something for the unsatisfied customers who are up in arms about the storm 2 announcement. i am expecting this (if it passes) to be .148 but sure as **** wouldn't mind it being .203.
    05-29-09 09:28 AM
    I just purchased my BB and am running .75 I was going to do update .148 because there is lots of problems with .75. But with the hopes with the new update this weekend I'm going to hold off. But if not released by the first I need to upgrade! Where can I get the upgrade to .148 if not released.

Thanks
    05-29-09 09:29 AM
    Wrong! Its .148.
    verizon is playing with everyone here. they must know about the .148 leak but in that screen shot on the front page it states .203. kinda confusing. there are those who say that that is just the platform number and not the OS but the truth is no one really knows for sure what it is. of course VZW can also be putting .203 out there for the ones who are less informed and now think they are getting a newer update than the leak. it is obvious they need something for the unsatisfied customers who are up in arms about the storm 2 announcement. i am expecting this (if it passes) to be .148 but sure as **** wouldn't mind it being .203.
    05-29-09 09:36 AM
    They are one and the same .203 is the release number and .148 is the version, we usually go by the version number on this site but I assume verizon goes by the release number, check the file name from the leak of .148 you will see the release number is .203...but I do hope im wrong.
    05-29-09 09:38 AM
    I just purchased my BB and am running .75 I was going to do update .148 because there is lots of problems with .75. But with the hopes with the new update this weekend I'm going to hold off. But if not released by the first I need to upgrade! Where can I get the upgrade to .148 if not released.

Thanks
    No need to wait as they are one and the same but heres the thread for the leak

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/le...9530-a-231483/
    05-29-09 09:39 AM

Thanks
    the download link is in my sig.
    05-29-09 09:42 AM
    Thanks chuk!! I just can't wait!! The .75 stinks!
    05-29-09 09:44 AM
    Shortly after this gets the OK for release (if ever), we will hopefully have a newer leaked version...and the cycle begins.
    05-29-09 09:59 AM
    Ok let me explain for you and for everyone else who doesn't understand this.

9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel203_PL4.0.0.181_A4.7.0.148.ex e

The update Verizon is planning to release is 4.7.0.148. It is RELEASE/PACKAGE .203 as you can see bolded above. Carriers DO NOT release application versions. For instance, AT&T just release Application version .231 for the 8900, but they named it 4.6.1.353 as ALL carriers do.
    .203 isn't the Platform nor the Application version it is the Rel_ #.
    The device software that Verizon plans on releasing according to the pic on the blog is 4.7.0.148.
    05-29-09 10:06 AM
    Thanks chuk!! I just can't wait!! The .75 stinks!
    yeah I didnt like .75 much either
    05-29-09 10:08 AM
    Anybody out there not able to text? Did an upgrade to .148 not able to text or send email. Any ideas?????
    05-29-09 10:10 AM
286 ... 89101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD