Just wanted to give a quick little rave about the VZNavigator. I've had to use it a few times (due to traveling work) and without it, I'd probably still be lost. Can't say it is any better than a store bought GPS or any other GPS app that might be out there, but for the convience of pressing a few buttons on your phone, and almost instantly getting the relief of not feeling lost anymore, it is worth the 10 bucks. Plus, you never have to hear "just stop and get directions" It's also pretty damn accurate about telling you the distance from your next turn and such.
    02-21-09 05:07 PM
    I agree... the only issue I've had with it is that I'll be in a parking lot somewhere and it'll tell me to turn onto a certain street and I've gotten kind of confused because I've not known which road it was expecting me to be coming from, but then again a lot of GPSes are like that. I only use a GPS for the first trip to a location anyway because I'm pretty good at remembering directions and everything like that.

It's just as good (actually) better than my wife's Garmin Nuvi 205. It knows of new streets and developments before her Garmin.
    02-21-09 05:23 PM
    I prefer it to both the Garmin app and the Telenav app. I also like how if you don't use it often you can pay the day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 05:29 PM
    I used to use VZ Navigator when I had the Voyager, but now that I got the Storm, I use google maps, esp now that vzw has unlocked the gps function on it and its free, why waste the 10 bucks and google maps didnt get Me lost like VZ Navigator.
    02-21-09 05:30 PM
    I have to agree, VzNav beats the competition so far. Although some are free, I think you get what you pay for. The turn by turn speech and traffic advisories make it a true navigation system.
    02-21-09 05:47 PM
    i like nav4all use it maby once
    02-21-09 05:51 PM
    the only issue I've had with it is that I'll be in a parking lot somewhere and it'll tell me to turn onto a certain street and I've gotten kind of confused because I've not known which road it was expecting me to be coming from
    That is the only gripe I have with the VZNav

02-21-09 06:11 PM
    I have both Google Map and VZ Navigator. The Google Map is nice, but it cannot pinpoint me when I am inside a building. And it cannot do a turn-by-turn voice navigation.

On the other hand, VZ Navigator can pinpoint me even though I am inside a building. It can provide turn-by-turn navigation as good (if not better) as Tom-Tom and Garmin without the $400-$500 big price tag. It also do search for a particular type of restaurant (e.g. Italian) or movie in your nearby area.

Furthermore, VZ Navigator can do voice turn-by-turn navigation to an address on your contact list. That saves a lot of unnecessary typing while you are on the road. Plain Google Map cannot beat that....unless you and all of your friends sign up the Latitude service.

02-21-09 06:37 PM
    I put the app on for the 30 day free trial and when I am sitting in my house, it shows me a block and a half away on the wrong street
    02-23-09 06:48 AM
    What signal strength did you get in your house? I never have any problem inside any building.

Also, I tested the VZ Navigator more this weekend. I love the "follow me" feature. It literally follows me when I was driving on the highway and when I stopped at a red light, it showed me at standstill. With the big landscape screen of the Storm (unlike the tiny portrait screens on other BBs or other cell phones), I can read it easily while I was driving. I did not bring my charger, so I was using it for an hour on the device's battery, and it consumed only half a block on the battery indicator.

I would like to say that it is a MUST-HAVE application for every Storm owner.

02-23-09 08:20 AM
    Being on the road in sales, I did like the VZ Nav for the Storm. But, at 10 bucks a month, that puts me at $250 a month in phone expense. I downloaded Google Maps and will try that out. I can pull a contact and tell it to find them using GM. Just as simple as VZ. VZ actually was a little pain in the behind trying to find stuff quick, at least IMO. I do like the friends and family stuff for Verizon now. I hope I can drop off these 3k minutes and go to 2100 or 1400(highly doubt).

KW
    02-23-09 08:32 AM
    I really like VZNav...i used it on my LG Voyager and now on my Storm
    02-23-09 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD