An update appeared on my phone (I assumed it was from Verizon). It took about an hour and a half to update everything to 5.0.0.607. I've noticed that it seriously screwed with my contact information. I have contacts attached to telephone numbers that do not even match. This is a bit ridiculous! I don't have anything to back up with either, as I just got this phone and had not yet made a backup on my computer. In fact, I just realized that some of my contacts actually disappeared! What in the world!?
    04-12-10 01:42 PM
    do you have facebook installed and linked to your phonebook? i have found that doing that sometimes causes huge issues with data loss/corruption during OS updates. it happened to my sister, as well as a co-worker... luckily they both had some way to backup their data. there's not much i can say that will help you now, but at least you now have a possible culprit. also, verizon just started pushing their BackupAssistant to the S2's this week. try pulling your battery if you haven't received the icon yet. having some form of backup will save you a lot of hassle in the future!
    04-12-10 01:58 PM
    I do have FB installed and linked. Ugh well now I know what to disable for the next OS update. Thanks for the heads up. I'm not sure what I'll do now, unless someone can come up with a way to sort this out. I refuse to call every name in my phone book just to see who it goes to, haha.
    04-12-10 02:07 PM
    I do have FB installed and linked. Ugh well now I know what to disable for the next OS update. Thanks for the heads up. I'm not sure what I'll do now, unless someone can come up with a way to sort this out. I refuse to call every name in my phone book just to see who it goes to, haha.
    if you go into contacts and view each name individually with your phonebook linked to facebook, it should bring up a "facebook name" box underneath their contact info with the correct names. at least that was the case on my sister's phone.
    04-12-10 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD