My feeling is that the leaked OS's are the ones that the carrier rejected. And, Im sure that the VZW development/testing team is completely seperated from the CS side of things.

Yours truly, Capt. Obvious.
    01-27-09 06:04 AM
    as vulcan said, VZW has strict policies regarding disclosure of information, and if VZW pursued it, anyone on here stating that they were advising customer to try the leaked OS's would be fired. It's a clear violation of corporate policy, especially as they are advising clients to void their warranty.
    Let me reply to this. If a O.S. is already leaked, and I mention it to someone during a call, its not any violation, because its already on Crackberry. But, if I were to find out on a certain day an official release is coming out, then its a violation if I post it or tell anyone on the phone because its not to be public knowledge. Crackberry is also a website that VZW has not blocked from work. I'd never tell anyone to download a leaked version, however depending on how the conversation is flowing, I have and will tell them about a leaked version and what has improved and what bug(s) I have discovered - which are many in .90.
    01-27-09 07:17 AM
    I spoke with a Verizon business rep yesterday. Pretty funny, we chatted about me using .9 and Crackberry. Told him how I had had no problems at all with .9. He told me the official release was due in mid February. Funny thing, while I was talking to him, I had my first and only "forced reboot". I wonder what he thought about that!
    01-27-09 07:20 AM
    Ugh! Crab! Battle!!
    01-28-09 02:47 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD