I've been using TeleNav on Sprint for the past 3 years and love it. Now i'm thinking about getting the VZ Navigator. Can you guys post some opinions on either VZ Navigator or TeleNav. Thanks so much.
    04-04-09 05:21 AM
    i love my vz navigator..its great.
    04-04-09 05:32 AM
    Get the Garmin for Blackberry...it costs $99 with free lifetime upgrades. Why pay monthly $9.99 a month...with the Garmin, its paid for in 10 months. I have a Nuvi 760 and it looks exactly the same on the storm. Plus it gives you google search for places, weather, and voice to turn directions.
    04-04-09 06:20 AM
    if you sign up for the blackberry owners lounge on rim's website garmin is 20% off
    04-04-09 06:58 AM
    I've been using TeleNav on Sprint for the past 3 years and love it. Now i'm thinking about getting the VZ Navigator. Can you guys post some opinions on either VZ Navigator or TeleNav. Thanks so much.
    I have VZ Navigator and I love it. The following are some of the features:

1. VZ Nav has voice turn-by-turn navigation.
    2. VZ Nav can navigate you to ANY address on your contact list. There is no need to type in destination address and such feature is extremely convenient if you are on the road.
    3. VZ Nav has "follow me" feature which is very accurate. it literally follows me and shows what street I am driving on and what direction I am heading. When I gets out of the grid, the map redraw is very fast.
    4. VZ Nav can pinpoint me when I am INSIDE an office building.
    5. VZ Nav can help you to avoid traffic jam and find the alternate route.
    6. VZ Nav can provide weather forecast on your location and any location on your contact list. No need for WeatherBug or any other weather app anymore. And no need to type in any address.
    7. VZ Nav can help you find the type of restaurants (e.g. Italian) in the area where you are at now, and navigate you to it.
    8. VZ nav can tell you what movies are showing at a theater in the area where you are at now, and navigate you to it.
    9. VZ Nav uses Assisted GPS and not just plain GPS.
    10. VZ Nav is provided by Verizon Wireless, so they have the home-field-advantage naturally.

VZ Navigator costs $10 a month. But I spend more than $10 each day just for lunch. A couple Starbuck's coffee will cost you more than $10. You cannot get a simple haircut for $10.....I can go on and on but you get the point. The fee is so small that it should not be an issue.

Now, there is pretty much a split on this forum for VZ Navigator and Garmin Mobile. Both apps have a large group of supporters. And both apps have trial periods. Therefore, I strongly suggest you to try them out yourself and make an educated decision yourself. This kind of thing is usually boils down to a matter of personal preference and taste.

Hope this helps.
    04-04-09 07:28 AM
    I like VZ Nav. cause not only all what was said i like the fact its like having built in yellow pages. im on the sales so i can hit whats near by and list all types of business and what they do as for manufacturing etc...........
    04-04-09 07:44 AM
    I thought you had to pay for Verizon Navigator to turn on the GPS.

Does Verizon activate the GPS in the Curve if you're using third party applications such as Garmin, Latitude, or others?
    04-04-09 08:43 AM
    I thought you had to pay for Verizon Navigator to turn on the GPS.

Does Verizon activate the GPS in the Curve if you're using third party applications such as Garmin, Latitude, or others?
    GPS is fully unlocked on the Storm, so yes, 3rd party apps will work with GPS.
    04-04-09 09:21 AM
    Quick question. Does VZ Navigator use the GPS?

From my understanding it uses the Verizon cell towers to pinpoint your location. I've used the VZ Navigator once on a trip pre-BB Storm and as soon as I was out of the Verizon coverage I lost the Navigator.

This leads me to believe that programs such as TeleNav or Garmin using the GPS satellites would have better coverage and more reliable for traveling.
    04-04-09 10:00 AM
    VZ Nav is good but i'm still looking for something free with voice turn by turn
    04-04-09 10:47 AM
    but is GPS fully unlocked on the Verizon Curve?
    04-04-09 01:08 PM
    Mu understanding is that Navigator uses GPS which is more accurate than the cell towers. When GPS is locked, then it defaults to the cell tower triangulation methodist which is not great (bounces around).

I would like to know if it's possible to access GPS on the Verizon Curve without purchasing Navigator.
    04-04-09 01:10 PM
    VZ Nav is good but i'm still looking for something free with voice turn by turn
    I use amaze gps and it works great with turn by turn voice directions and is FREE. Don't use the version on the site main page. Register for the forums on the site and grab the storm beta version from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 04:57 PM
    Get the Garmin for Blackberry...it costs $99 with free lifetime upgrades. Why pay monthly $9.99 a month...with the Garmin, its paid for in 10 months. I have a Nuvi 760 and it looks exactly the same on the storm. Plus it gives you google search for places, weather, and voice to turn directions.

Garmin has no traffic...

What has a good turn by turn w/ traffic consideration w/o the monthly fee?
    04-18-09 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD