I used VZNav when I had a Chocolate. I was going to use it on my BlackBerry but, as stated on previous posts, on blackberries you can't pay on a per use basis.

On blackberries, I have not seen a better navigator than VZNav. But I have not seen them all so one may exist. Two days ago I installed Amaze and it seems pretty good. I have the Storm, i pay for the data plan, and I understand why some folks prefer not to pay the $10 bucks if you can find something comparable free. If you drive a lot then it is worth it. I find myself using a navigator program maybe once a month.

OP - great thread. Very informative, brief and to the point. I wish I could find a thread that compares themes that was this brief AND this informative.
    07-03-09 08:32 AM
    I love VZ Nav. with it you don't need superpages, fonebook ect. Plus once you find what your looking for it will nav you there with voice turn by turn!
    07-06-09 08:07 AM
    I have VZ Navigator on my 8900. I noticed the screen goes black until another direction comes up, then it activates again. IMO, it's worth $10/mo. Nothing makes me more nervous than being lost!
    07-06-09 08:31 AM
    Totally worth 10 buks a month. For me anyways. Part of my job is driving finding about 4 addresses a day. I COULD use another gps unit. But I like the fact when I'm not working and don't expect to use gps. I have the convenience of just wippin out my phone. About the backlight going out? I dunno what's wrong with op's permissions maybe... I've never had that problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 08:57 AM
    One feature that I really like to see on the VZ Nav is to have the option to rotate the map. There is a new app called WHERE. It provides the option to rotate the map to "North up" instead of "your driving direction up". Sometime it can be useful, especially when I have read the area map in advance. The map I picture in my mind is always with North up.
    This is the only hang up I have with VZNav. Wish it had the option to always show North up.
    07-18-09 02:53 AM
    I've tried Garmin and really liked it, but I would occasionally have problems. However, I've found VZnav to be quite reliable, and the features are simple to use. As far as the back light goes I use an app called leave it on, which allows you to choose the apps that you like to have the back light on for.
    07-18-09 09:35 PM
    When i use VZ navigator on my Storm, the voice does not work and I can't hear directions if I have the bluetooth connected.
    Is there an option I don;t have right or is there a software glitch.
    08-08-09 06:45 PM
    I have an unlocked blackberry storm. Since it is not thru verizon my their navigation icon won't work. Does anyone know how to remove the symbol that is on the main screen. Looks like a circle with a cross in the center and three ))) I am assuming this is a navigation symbol. Thank you! You can email me at [email protected]. Also does anyone know if you can remove the VZ navigation program without messing up the phone?
    Last edited by glad2borange; 08-09-09 at 02:18 PM.
    08-09-09 02:09 PM
    I have an unlocked blackberry storm. Since it is not thru verizon my their navigation icon won't work. Does anyone know how to remove the symbol that is on the main screen. Looks like a circle with a cross in the center and three ))) I am assuming this is a navigation symbol. Thank you! You can email me at [email protected]. Also does anyone know if you can remove the VZ navigation program without messing up the phone?

If you want to remove VZ Nav, then you can simply plug your phone into your computer. Use an APP loader or the Blackberry desktop Manager, uncheck the little box to the left of VZ Nav, then run to the finish, once your phone cycled and rebooted it should be gone.

Personally I like the app, especially paired with Poynt.
    11-05-09 08:18 PM
    Goto options-> advanced options -> gps -> gps services and switch to e911 only.
    11-05-09 08:36 PM
    Out of curiousity, why would you need to set it to e911 only?
    11-05-09 09:07 PM
    I love vz nav. I keep trying other options on my storm and keep returning to vznav. I do have 1 complaint that I want to share and see if you guys have a work around. I wish there was a way to TURN OFF screen rotation. I know this seems odd, but here's why. I ride a Harley and have the storm mounted to the handlebar. The way a bike turns is by leaning, which makes the screen rotate. At times it won't rotate back till I turn the other way. Major pain in the a$$. I downloaded an app called stop tilt (I think that's what it was called) This app works GREAT on 99.99% of all apps, EXCEPT VZ NAV.

Do you guys know of any way to disable the screen rotation? Fixing this one problem for me would put it WAY over the top for me!

TIA
    Billy
    04-26-10 03:45 PM
    I have been trying VZ Nav on my storm 2 and the only problem that I have is when I take a incoming call and VZ Nav gives a direction I can no longer hear the person on the other end of the call. Is anyone else having this problem. I am using the latest ver. of VZ Nav.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 12:43 PM
    i love this navigator its great..the only thing i dont like is 10 beans a month..and my backlight has never once turned off
    04-29-10 09:04 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD