With VZNav 5.0 can you get the mileage that you traveled. If I go for a walk and I do not have a final destination can I get the mileage that I traveled. If I leave my house for a walk and walk for an hour to return to my starting location can I get the distanced that I walked.
    05-09-10 09:22 AM
    The only issue I have-with this applicatio. Is the monthly fee. I find it too expensive. Used like it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 12:49 PM
    To answer your question I don't know that its possible since you are not inputting a destination. The program calculates the miles based on point A to point B. Without giving it some kind of destination to calculate it can't do that. There are apps out there that do what you're wanting to do but I can't think of the name right off hand. Do a search for GPS apps and I'm sure you'll find it.
    05-10-10 07:05 AM
    VQ Mileage Tracker will do the trick. However, you have to purchase the software for $8.99 (on sale now).
    05-10-10 12:02 PM
    Bones in Motion will do what you want and is free. Do a search for it at App World.

05-11-10 09:56 AM
    The only issue I have-with this applicatio. Is the monthly fee. I find it too expensive. Used like it.

I agree with you.
    05-11-10 02:20 PM
    This is an area that my hurt RIM, reliance on 3rd Parties to provide core applications. These are smartphones, people want them to do amazing things right out of the box. Android is new and is playing "catch-up", but they do have a number of really nice apps built-in.
    05-11-10 02:57 PM
    thanks for the replies.
    05-11-10 03:02 PM
    Also you can try BlackStar. Free app used for GeoCaching also clocks distance traveled even on foot.
    05-21-10 03:40 AM
    I have VZ Navigator and its great for directions to get you where you need to go. But if all you want is to record where you went for a walk its not the ideal choice. A free alternative would be GPS Logger. You down load it from their site. It will record distance walked, the speed, elevation, and a few other things. You can also export the file it saves to Google Earth and see it on a map there. Its really cool and its free. No harm to try it.

05-21-10 04:00 AM
    cant u just set a starting location and leave your destination as current location? i am not sure if it calculates that way but i never tried it. Never had to. I remember seeing under the menu screen something called trip.
    Last edited by SUPERSPORT25; 05-27-10 at 11:35 PM. Reason: added comments
    05-27-10 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD