I've got some family members coming at the end of the month for about two weeks. Does anybody know if VZW will credit me the difference if I cancel after 2 weeks of use? I've already used up my free trial and I can't stand NAV4ALL or AmazeGPS. Just can't get those two to work for me.

I really like VZ Navigator but I just can't pay $10 per month.

I also like Google Maps but I do like having voice directions so I don't have to keep looking at my phone.
    05-18-09 04:08 PM
    I've got some family members coming at the end of the month for about two weeks. Does anybody know if VZW will credit me the difference if I cancel after 2 weeks of use? I've already used up my free trial and I can't stand NAV4ALL or AmazeGPS. Just can't get those two to work for me.

I really like VZ Navigator but I just can't pay $10 per month.

I also like Google Maps but I do like having voice directions so I don't have to keep looking at my phone.
    Yes... they will pro-rate the price if you don't use it for an entire month. I canceled mine in the middle of a billing cycle, and saw a credit on my bill when it came.

EDIT: And before anyone argues with me, I know they are not supposed to pro-rate it... I'm pretty sure it states that right in one of their policies, but it was pro-rated for me, and I didn't ask them to. I was having other issues with them at the time, so maybe they were just being nice.
    Last edited by Morf32; 05-18-09 at 04:33 PM.
    05-18-09 04:29 PM
    it's $3 a day, so, in 3 days you are at one month charge, and, no, they will not rebate you the charge unless they go to by the day and then it is much more.
    05-18-09 04:30 PM
    and, you can cancel it as soon as you are through so it won't be there the next month. I know people who do it all the time, it is not part of the contract, and they really don't mind doing it.
    05-18-09 04:31 PM
    I don't think they have $3 per day as on option for Blackberry users.
    05-18-09 04:31 PM
    Even if they don't, it's just $10. Pay for the month and say goodbye.
    05-18-09 04:33 PM
    I've never heard of the per use option for VZNav, can someone post a link to information about that if it really does exist?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 04:35 PM
    I've never heard of the per use option for VZNav, can someone post a link to information about that if it really does exist?

They have a 24 hours option on dumb phones.

Verizon Wireless: VZ Navigator
    05-18-09 04:37 PM
    Verizon pricing plans for VZ Navigator

Looks like BBs aren't included in the per day plan.
    05-18-09 04:38 PM
    Even if they don't, it's just $10. Pay for the month and say goodbye.
    Yeah... that's what I'm thinking too but always a good idea to save a few bucks if it only takes a phone call to VZW.
    05-18-09 04:47 PM
    Try Garmins trial. I absolutely love that GPS app. It's about $80 if you decide to keep it, but it's a one time charge, which is a lot cheaper than VZNav.

Grey
    05-18-09 06:23 PM
    I thought it was $99.

05-18-09 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD