I'm having trouble feeling sympathetic for people stealing a service that I have to pay $10 a month for.
    05-14-09 07:30 AM
    well 10 isnt that bad unless ur bill is already alot on the other hand i think this is great when i buy the Storm 2 (waiting for wi-fi support) It'll be my first BlackBerry so i'm researching and loving it at this point.
    05-14-09 09:50 PM
    You need to dump T-M and get VZN and the Navigator: yes, it is that good. Example: Last week in Austin (away from my home) I fired up the Navigator and told him I wanted to visit my daughter and the grand kids. Within seconds, before pumping the maps, etc to me, it informed me of traffic congestion at such and such. Also, the real time traffic indicator said the same thing - this allows you to re-route at times. Definitely a plus when you are driving in places you do not know. VZN is NOT gonna get beat in their own ballpark!

Doctor Neutron
    05-14-09 10:54 PM
    For some odd reason i was able to use vz navigator on mine but that was on .75, i kind of miss getting turn by turn directions. are there any free apps that give turn by turn directions that work with my current OS?
    05-15-09 06:42 AM
    I'm having trouble feeling sympathetic for people stealing a service that I have to pay $10 a month for.
    I just wanted to see how it works. I don't consider it stealing since it came with the phone and I bought the phone outright with the navigation in it.
    05-15-09 12:34 PM
    I just wanted to see how it works. I don't consider it stealing since it came with the phone and I bought the phone outright with the navigation in it.
    the service is proprietary to the carrier, and they charge a subscription.

thats like saying you move in with your friend, and he has a black box. if you watch TV, you're stealing cable. just because its there doesn't mean it "came with the phone"...you still have to DL and register the software.

btw, VZ Nav on T-Mobile is pretty crappy, data speeds and coverage = / = VZW speeds and coverage. won't be a realistic experience as if you were using VZW services to run it.
    05-15-09 12:43 PM
    i wanna know what its like to drive a porche....but the only porche i have has a VW bug engine in it...meh, close enough
    05-15-09 12:44 PM
    Like I said, only trying it out and see what the fuss is all about. I have a Garmin Nuvi gps in my car at all times.
    05-15-09 12:45 PM
    i wanna know what its like to drive a porche....but the only porche i have has a VW bug engine in it...meh, close enough
    Still looks like a Porche....LOL
    05-15-09 12:45 PM
    i'd rather have a volkswagon with a porche engine than a porche with a volkswagon engine...

all show, no go vs. "the sleeper"

sleepers always win.
    05-15-09 12:48 PM
    I can't get the VZ Navigator to work or even start at all. When I click on the icon, it shows the green screen with the VZ Navigator logo on it, then it doesn't go anywhere else. I ended up uninstalling it. Any ideas on why it wouldn't work? BTW I am using it for T-Mobile and have the full Blackberry Data Plan
    I am new to the whole BB thing I have had the Storm for 3 days now and managed to set up all features using T-mobile.

Do the following:

1. Register your imei and pin on tmobile website

2. Send the tmobile servicebooks to your handset, there is a guide on crackberry for this

3. In options/advanced options/tcp/ip tick apn settings enabled and use the apn wap.voicestream.com. leave the rest blank

4. Go back to options/advanced options/GPS make sure GPS service Services in location on! and location aiding is enabled. SAVE!

5. Go back again to options/advanced options/Cell Broadcast settings and make sure the serive is on!

That will get you full service to VZW Navi and Google maps etc!
    05-15-09 04:43 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD