Idon't know if anyone would have an answer for this. I use VZ Navigator app and like it alot. I use it while driving to work for the real time traffic incident reporting when in navigation mode. Since loading the .148 OS, when I close the app (using the menu button and selecting Close), the app will open itself about a minute after. This will continue until I do a batgtery pull and open another app (a battery pull does not seem to help alone). I have checked all the GPS settings and everything seems to be correct. Location; On, GPS Data Source; Device GPS, Location Aiding; Enabled.

Any thoughts?
    06-03-09 09:18 PM
    How about stop wasting $10/mo. Delete that memory hog of a VZW Nav, spend $70 on Garmin Mobile and get the exact same thing and have it pay for itself in 7 months.

That's what I'd do
    06-03-09 09:28 PM
    I agree with movie mogul vz navigator is definetly a fleece of customers
    06-03-09 09:30 PM
    Where do I find Garmin Mobile?
    06-03-09 09:33 PM
    06-03-09 09:35 PM
    Thanks moviemogul.
    06-03-09 09:37 PM
    I thought you wrote that it was $70?

Rochelle
    06-03-09 09:45 PM
    But to answer your question...

YES. I have the same problem with VZ Nav and .148

The reason I don't switch to Garmin is because I go thru phones like water. (Mostly due to water) I am lucky if a phone lasts me 6 months, and I don't want the hassle with Garmin trying to get it reactivated everytime.
    06-03-09 09:46 PM
    I thought you wrote that it was $70?

Rochelle
    It isn't? I've never used it, but that was the last price I heard
    06-03-09 09:54 PM
    It's $99 but I think on the owner's lounge on Blackberry it is $80.

Rochelle
    06-03-09 09:55 PM
    Does Garmin do the Traffic thing ? DO NOT exit via BB button close - use VZN close, which is onerous. Tends to protect you from mishandling phone and ruining navigation at the RONG time.

Doctor Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 06-03-09 at 11:08 PM.
    06-03-09 11:04 PM
    But to answer your question...

YES. I have the same problem with VZ Nav and .148

The reason I don't switch to Garmin is because I go thru phones like water. (Mostly due to water) I am lucky if a phone lasts me 6 months, and I don't want the hassle with Garmin trying to get it reactivated everytime.
    Yea I have had the same problem. I never noticed that it only stopped when i opened another app... interesting
    06-03-09 11:09 PM
    I did the upgrade sunday, it seems to have upgraded my vz nav as well. a few hiccups with getting it all finished but works fine now, no reboots no nav problems, I stay at around 47 mb all day, do a quickpull at night before battery charge, the whole thing has been perfect all along. we are not allowed to do leaks, but have inet and not bes. I am really happy with vznav and see no reason to change.
    06-03-09 11:13 PM
    Vz nav has done the same thing to me on every os EXCEPT .148.... I too use vz nav everyday for work...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 12:11 AM
    Vz nav is way better then garmin. The traffic is better. No hassles when switching phones

06-04-09 12:16 AM
    Wow, this happened to me a couple days ago when I used VZNav. I thought I was losing my mind, but now I know that at least in this case, it wasn't me!
    06-04-09 12:37 AM
    The one thing i'll give VZ Nav is that it knows addresses of places that are listed no where else. including google maps(and yahoo and garmin, my car's eclipse head unit, etc). i was very impressed with the database. i don't pay for it though so i guess it doesn't matter as much to me.
    06-06-09 01:55 AM
    Garmin mobile does NOT have traffic. Crack me up, VzNav is heads above Gramin (yes I have both) and VzNav IMO provides it all. Garmin is great, just like a stand alone unit (base model, none of the frills).
    To the question from the OP, no, my VzNav is not doing that. I did wipe and reloaded everything from scratch and I am using a Hybrid.
    06-06-09 02:21 AM
    Yeah, my vznav was doing that also. Super annoying. I would close out of it and then my led would start blinking and I would check and vznav would be back on. I even asked someone in the vz store, not that he would know anything, which he didn't. So I deleted that mofo.

06-06-09 03:54 AM
    Below is a link for Garmin @ $79. Naturally, Garmin is a good deal if you plan on keeping your Storm for the long haul (money wise compared to VZ NAV), because the price is for "the lifetime of your device." Personally, I likely won't have my Storm for more than 8 months, so Garmin is really not worth it for me.

Side note: Some people lose their Garmin activation when they load a new OS. Garmin has been giving them a new key when this happens. Garmin apparently also provides a new activation key if you have your Storm replaced (warranty, etc.). It's unclear at this point if the subscription will transfer to the Storm 2 if you decide to dump your current Storm when it's released. Some have speculated the key might transfer when you do a "device switch wizard" in DM.

Garmin $79

06-06-09 05:43 AM
    Never mind the superiority of VZNav over the Garmin software, some of us are fortunate enough to have our Blackberries and optional services paid for by our companies, and would likely NOT be reimbursed for a flat-out purchase such as Garmin.

06-06-09 06:28 AM
    Garmin mobile does NOT have traffic. Crack me up, VzNav is heads above Gramin (yes I have both) and VzNav IMO provides it all. Garmin is great, just like a stand alone unit (base model, none of the frills).
    To the question from the OP, no, my VzNav is not doing that. I did wipe and reloaded everything from scratch and I am using a Hybrid.
    I agree. I have both and VZNav is better. Knows more addresses (especially residential); doesn't drop the voice options if you close out, listen to music, then reactivate; won't send you around the city the long way like garmin; won't send you one way going to destination, then completely different direction home (did this to me going to Dallas last weekend); won't keep telling you to make a u turn for 5 miles instead of recalculating your route. VZN is too expensive IMO, but Garmin is only good for a pin number and if you change phones they told me (and says on site) have to repurchase. Wasted my money.
    06-06-09 07:42 AM
    Below is a link for Garmin @ $79. Naturally, Garmin is a good deal if you plan on keeping your Storm for the long haul (money wise compared to VZ NAV), because the price is for "the lifetime of your device." Personally, I likely won't have my Storm for more than 8 months, so Garmin is really not worth it for me.

Side note: Some people lose their Garmin activation when they load a new OS. Garmin has been giving them a new key when this happens. Garmin apparently also provides a new activation key if you have your Storm replaced (warranty, etc.). It's unclear at this point if the subscription will transfer to the Storm 2 if you decide to dump your current Storm when it's released. Some have speculated the key might transfer when you do a "device switch wizard" in DM.

Lost mine and they gave me new key. Email took several days and said only good for that pin. Their site said when I purchased (January) it was only good for current phone and not transferable.
    06-06-09 07:47 AM
    Yeah, my vznav was doing that also. Super annoying. I would close out of it and then my led would start blinking and I would check and vznav would be back on. I even asked someone in the vz store, not that he would know anything, which he didn't. So I deleted that mofo.

Mine did this after upgrade to .148, but customer service reminded me I needed to update (*288) my device and roaming. After I did that, mine worked fine.
    06-06-09 07:50 AM
    +1 for VZNav over Garmin, having used both. Garmin good...VZNav excellent worth the money if you don't have stand alone GPS and need directions frequently. But that is responding to the first reply that did not really address the OP issue.

As a few have said, I had the same issue with the app re-launching on every OS but not now on .148 yet. I got in a habit from the beginning on .75 of launching another program immediately after closing VZNav which was my only beef with VZNav.
    06-06-09 11:19 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD