Mine just shows a green screen and....nothing...what gives?

anyone else having this problem?
    11-22-08 08:37 PM

then it will ask you to"allow" permission. You have allow it, to work/download.
    11-22-08 08:38 PM
    Make sure you enable GPS under options. It defaults to only 911 and V Navigator won't work.
    11-22-08 08:40 PM
    Do I have to pay for it if I use it?
    11-22-08 08:55 PM
    $9.99 a month
    11-22-08 08:58 PM
    That sucks but it's Verizon for you.
    11-22-08 09:01 PM
    everytime I attempt to launch VZ navigator my storm crashes and restarts
    11-22-08 09:03 PM
    That's no bueno! Did you try a battery pull? It's like the world's bandaid!
    11-22-08 09:05 PM
    everytime I attempt to launch VZ navigator my storm crashes and restarts
    "That sucks but it's Verizon for you."
    --jh4for5

Joking aside, you can try removing it from the Storm, rebooting, then reinstalling.
    11-22-08 09:11 PM
    I have VZ Nav and love it. It's part of my premium pkg. U should have but do u have the latest version? I would do the uninstall and install as well.
    11-22-08 09:16 PM
    there is no premium package for blackberry. You are paying extra for it with the data service.

To the original poster, battery pull, if it does not work, delete navigator and re-download, if problem persists, the all-mighty hard reset.. still doesnt? Call verizon and they will give you a new one.
    11-22-08 09:33 PM
    there is no premium package for blackberry. You are paying extra for it with the data service.
    Wait...what?!

I use that a LOT on my premium plan. When I switch I need to pay!?
    11-22-08 09:54 PM
    For the time being I have the Env2 with premium, when I receive the Storm I might just take the VZ Nav off the plan since it's extra like Dan stated.
    11-23-08 12:23 AM

To the original poster, battery pull, if it does not work, delete navigator and re-download, if problem persists, the all-mighty hard reset.. still doesnt? Call verizon and they will give you a new one.
    You may have a Premium package and just add the Email & Data package to it. The Premium has vZNav in it. For the Family Plan, with other lines that aren't BB's, this is a pretty good deal.
    11-23-08 01:22 AM
    Pretty sure that if you get a BB - you have to use a Basic or Select Plan Only - then you would have to pay the $9.95/mo for VZNav.
    11-23-08 08:18 AM
    I just spoke to Verizon and they said if you want to use the VZNav that comes on the Storm, you need to pay $9.99 for it each month. I have never had or used it before, my question for those who have it, is it worth that price each month? It seems to have a lot of features other than just turn by turn directions
    11-23-08 08:37 AM
    I just spoke to Verizon and they said if you want to use the VZNav that comes on the Storm, you need to pay $9.99 for it each month. I have never had or used it before, my question for those who have it, is it worth that price each month? It seems to have a lot of features other than just turn by turn directions
    I have used VZ NAV before, its nice to play with, (I think you get it for the first month free, so make up your own mind before they charge you for it) but not worth the expense every month, go buy a TomTom, its cheaper in the long run. Plus VZ NAV is a system hog. I Use BlackBerry maps, good enough for the casual user. My Storm runs much faster with VZ NAV uninstalled.
    11-23-08 08:55 AM

So I had the same exact problem - but have the VZ Navigator service provisioned on my account. I ended up having to do a hard-reset (options-security-wipe hand held) --- Once I completed the hard-reset I reloaded the app via the app center.. All is good now.
    11-23-08 01:23 PM
    I have used VZ NAV before, its nice to play with, (I think you get it for the first month free, so make up your own mind before they charge you for it) but not worth the expense every month, go buy a TomTom, its cheaper in the long run. Plus VZ NAV is a system hog. I Use BlackBerry maps, good enough for the casual user. My Storm runs much faster with VZ NAV uninstalled.
    I find VZ Navigator nicer than TomTom because it tells me where traffic congestion is.
    11-23-08 02:08 PM
    $9.99 a month
    FYI, on Friday morning when I bought my Storm, the sales guy said they were running a special with VZ Navigator. Free for 30 days, then 9.99 per month. I said ok and he added it to my ticket.

I just checked my online info and it shows up in My Verizon account info as "1 MO FREE VZ NAVIGATOR" under "Promotional Details". I don't know if I'm gonna keep it, though. It talks to you, but the maps are not very good. It seems to default to turn by turn screens instead of a good "heads-up" display. I think I like the format of my Garmin Nuvi much better. JMO.
    11-23-08 02:33 PM
    $9.99 a month
    And $2.99/day if you go that way....
    11-23-08 03:41 PM
    Yes, VZNav is an extra charge each month. I have had it installed since it was released for the BB. Got the Storm on Friday, and immediately started having issues with it dropping the GPS connection while I was driving around. Same area I have always used it.

I went onto my account and removed the feature this morning and uninstalled the app from the phone. Phone is now running faster - as a substitute, using Google Maps.

It seems like every time I start to think I am liking the Storm, something else happens that makes me want to go get a new Curve (stuck with Verizon, otherwise I would go Bold).
    11-23-08 03:49 PM
    Does Google Maps do turn by turn?
    11-23-08 03:53 PM

Try this..

go to options > advanced options > applications > then highlight vz navigator and click the options blackberry button > edit permissions ... then change everything to "allow"

that fixed my problem. hope this helps you..
    11-23-08 03:56 PM
    open VZNav - under preferences - down the bottom is Navigation view". 3 options are "dashboard" "3D - Perspective", and "2D - Top View".

"Dashboard was selected - changed it to "3D" I'll try it on the way home from work.
    11-23-08 04:11 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD