Since I got the storm I thought I'd try the VZ Navigation. (it's free for 30 days). I was wondering if while your using the navigation system can you still receive phone calls ???
    11-28-08 01:03 PM
    Yeah, I can on my Pearl at least! I would assume that doesn't change on the Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 01:06 PM
    Yes, on the Curve as well. You can also receive sms. i like that if a text DOES come through it doesn't pop up on the screen and freeze the VZN until either read or dismissed.

That was a huge complaint i had with my env! People making me miss my exits! Grr. Ha.

11-28-08 01:09 PM
    You can recieve calls while using it. Only thing is that the navigation will be paused while you are on the phone.

I wish VZW or the company that makes the software for them would be able to find a way to cache the route on the device incase you get a call but still need to use the gps portion to get to where you are.

Even if the traffic and such does not update I would still like my normal route to be used and show on the map.
    11-28-08 01:10 PM
    Yes, i was just going to edit my post to add that! If on a call the navigation will pause since voice and data cannot be used simultaneously.

i don't mind this though as i don't and can't talk and drive at the same time!

11-28-08 01:14 PM
    Since I got the storm I thought I'd try the VZ Navigation. (it's free for 30 days). I was wondering if while your using the navigation system can you still receive phone calls ???
    Yes, you can!
    11-28-08 01:15 PM
    When I called Verizon customer service yesterday, they told me no.... That's great news. Thanks !!
    11-28-08 01:21 PM
    Well, it's kind of a "trick" question. Lol. You CAN get a call but the VZN WILL pause. So it's like saying yes and no.

11-28-08 01:28 PM
    I signed up and since its Mid thru my contract its a free 47 days!! just remember to cancel!
    11-28-08 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD