Went to Verizon. Everything was working well at there end. They did call tests, data tests, etc. Everything was good. They had a Blackberry service tech guy hold the phone for FIVE hours. (My girlfriend had a lot of shopping to do, which was good). He said that here is certainly an issue with the new OS and data speeds. He said that he found that when data is activated with the new OS (such as facebook, twitter, browsers, etc), the service bar flashed between no service and full service. He said its not a Verizon problem, but rather a patch problem with the new OS.

Therefore, he passed my case up to Blackberry "HQ". He told me that they will try some resets there, and hopefully they can fix something. He was slowly becoming aware that this was not just my phone because he noticed how slow his Storm 2 has gotten, how slow the one in the store was, and that there was two other people in the same Bridgewater, NJ store with the same issue. I told him that many others online are not too happy with the speed either.

He looked puzzled as to why it just wasn't loading a page as simple as google in less than 5 minutes. He said that the "Requesting" part is taking way longer than it should.

I will post with what they come up with later. I'm hoping that there will be a serious fix for this since its out of Verizon's hands and now in Blackberry's.
    06-24-10 10:51 PM
    Loaded the OS did a wipe re-loaded the OS again still websites takes forever to load even app world download is much slower now. Thinking to go back to 617?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/wo...owsers-487998/

I think this is the real problem
    Last edited by urbanjas; 06-25-10 at 02:47 AM.
    06-25-10 02:42 AM
    My browser is acting fine now, at first it was sluggish but after a few pulls and letting it sit in it seems fine, slow still but it works better then after the initial uodate,

Btw to the worldcup theory, why? I have no problems from the start of the cuo, yea people might be on their phones more but it def is a browser issue not cause of people being on it... **** vcast works great streaming the games and you would think it wouldn't if it was due to everyone using it right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 03:37 AM
    Went to Verizon. Everything was working well at there end. They did call tests, data tests, etc. Everything was good. They had a Blackberry service tech guy hold the phone for FIVE hours. (My girlfriend had a lot of shopping to do, which was good). He said that here is certainly an issue with the new OS and data speeds. He said that he found that when data is activated with the new OS (such as facebook, twitter, browsers, etc), the service bar flashed between no service and full service. He said its not a Verizon problem, but rather a patch problem with the new OS.

Therefore, he passed my case up to Blackberry "HQ". He told me that they will try some resets there, and hopefully they can fix something. He was slowly becoming aware that this was not just my phone because he noticed how slow his Storm 2 has gotten, how slow the one in the store was, and that there was two other people in the same Bridgewater, NJ store with the same issue. I told him that many others online are not too happy with the speed either.

He looked puzzled as to why it just wasn't loading a page as simple as google in less than 5 minutes. He said that the "Requesting" part is taking way longer than it should.

I will post with what they come up with later. I'm hoping that there will be a serious fix for this since its out of Verizon's hands and now in Blackberry's.
    Thanks for the update! At least someone is aware of the problem.
    06-25-10 07:52 AM
    I was having a very similar issue. Except I couldn't get any to download at all from Blackberry Application Center.

I went in and checked my browser settings and cleared my old cache that seems to have been restored during the upgrade. Now it is blazing fast.

I just downloaded the new BB Messenger in less than about 20 seconds.

Try clearing the cache? See if that helps?
    06-25-10 08:47 AM
    Alas, I've tried that, no dice.
    06-25-10 09:26 AM
    Another slow day for me!
    06-25-10 10:03 AM
    I'm going to an area with very poor cell reception for a bit of camping. At least it will give me a reason to whine that I can't get good data service (if any) on my phone.
    06-25-10 11:44 AM
    Is this an OS or RIM/Verizon issue?

The issue seems to come and goes for me.
    06-25-10 04:19 PM
    I'm telling ya, its all because of World Cup. Mark my words! Once its over there won't be anymore probs. Doubt if you want but you'll see.

06-25-10 04:58 PM
    I'm telling ya, its all because of World Cup. Mark my words! Once its over there won't be anymore probs. Doubt if you want but you'll see.

I see logic in your statement. It would explain why everything involving data usage is only crappy some of the time.
    06-25-10 09:39 PM
    World cup is over. Storm is still slow.
    07-16-10 02:14 PM
    I don't know. My Storm2 has actually been decent the past week or so. I'm not saying it isn't a coincidence, but it does seem much better. No more request timeouts and whatnot.
    07-17-10 10:01 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD