Has anybody done the *228 to update the towers since their upgrade? Would that make a difference in the speed?
    Yes, did that last night, and got a new PRL. All seems fine so far today, but too early to say the issue is fixed. I'm hopeful, I can tell you that!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-23-10 10:23 AM
    For me I think it is Verizon. I have loaded and wiped and re-loaded .713 three times with the same issues with speed.
    06-23-10 10:50 AM
    I've done the .228 several times but that doesn't seem to have any impact (positive or negative).
    06-23-10 12:52 PM
    i to am noticing the same thing happening with the data. for me the web browsing increased in the upgrade from 320 to 607 and yesterday noticed that it severely slowed down after the upgrade to 713. i have since downgraded back to 607 and nothing changed....still terrible
    06-23-10 01:11 PM
    Went to Verizon today. They re-installed the software (.713) and did all the "special" little tricks they know. They could not figure out how to increase the speed. At first they wanted to replace my phone, but the display unit on the floor was working **** poor too. I mean, it was embarrassing how slow the one was on the floor - doesn't really make many people buy the Storm model.

They are in process in contacting RIM with how slow the browser and just about every other app since the update. They would replace my physical phone for free, but I doubt that would fix the issue.

I will attempt to contact rim later. It's weird, sometime the service is really fast, and other times its super slow. At least that is how it is in Central NJ and New York City...
    06-23-10 02:36 PM
    please note... bb do not just uses normal wireless or data...it must go thru the bb server somewhere out there... so if the normal network works well doesn't mean the bb server is well out there... if the bb server is well out there... it also doesn't mean normal network works well out there...

so in a scenario whereby some stupid bb server went down or under maintenance....you can expect service down, frequent disconnection, slow network response etc. in most environment, they will have backup bb server to serve request but!!!! imagine...today we have 5 bb servers which all our bb go thru for connection.... and suddenly cuz backend they shutdown 4 for maintenance....leaving 1... everybody is flooding the 1 bb server!!! its the same logic as hitting a website...flooded. why u think our bb phone have unique pin number to register with service provider?
    Last edited by titusilvering; 06-23-10 at 04:36 PM.
    06-23-10 04:33 PM
    mine was DEADLY slow after install, after about 24 hours all the speeds are back to normal with me doing nothing different
    06-23-10 04:33 PM
    in Lincoln, Nebraska I'm having similar sporadic issues with my Storm 2 and data speed

wifi is ok which obviously rules out the phone as the problem, has to be Verizon

sometimes it works fast sometimes it is painfully slow

i was redownloading google maps and it took 3-5 min OTA. Very frustrating when we are paying $30 per month. also, i'm a realtor and use google maps to find houses when out and about...this is crippling me
    06-23-10 04:43 PM
    Just as an update: my WiFi has been consistently improved 24 hours after the wipe. Whereas I'd intermittently get the graying of the WiFi logo and poor speed (which only began to happen to me around the time .607 came out), it now is very strong on the three wireless connections I consistently use. Before the wipe, these connections, even when standing next to an access point, would drop often. The "requesting" lag folks are mentioning is gone on these WiFi connections, and is performing as it did before the initial problems developed.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the 3G. Still have seen no improvement in Verizon BIS internet performance. Requesting can take anywhere from 5 to 105 seconds, and internet performance remains sluggish. Speedtest will often timeout on the BIS connection. So I agree with other folks, it has to be something on Verizon's end. I'm in Western New York, so not sure if anyone else is in my area, but this sounds to be a nationwide problem from your responses.
    06-23-10 09:07 PM
    My browser is worthless I use opera mini it can take up to a minuet or more to load a mobile site with the BB browser. With opera is is very quick usually under ten seconds to load a web page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 09:09 PM
    With opera is is very quick usually under ten seconds to load a web page.
    Yeah, Opera is inherently faster than the default browser, but even Opera is slow on my phone these days.
    06-23-10 09:12 PM
    My browser is definitely slower and I have noticed that images are taking longer to load in all APPS, not just the browser. - Viigo / socialscope for example.
    06-23-10 09:54 PM
    I think Big Red is having what AT&T users called the iPhone syndrome. I have noticed slowness in all apps and Bolt too.

Freaking Droids.
    06-23-10 10:28 PM
    So is it only Storm 2's with the updated OS that are having these Verizon problems?
    06-23-10 10:28 PM
    So is it only Storm 2's with the updated OS that are having these Verizon problems?
    I think it's no coincidence that VZW LTE is starting in Oct/Nov of this year, and that the S3 has as many leaks as a year old pretzel-stick.
    06-23-10 10:45 PM
    So while i was driving home last night trying to stream pandora with .607, i notice it can't play without stuttering. I decide to do the wireless update to .713 this morning and now my browser is BLAZING FAST!. What is going on here? Hmmm...

Could have been a BB server issue as the other person mentioned.
    06-24-10 09:48 AM
    everything is slow...even using wifi for me

Yup! I never had a problem with WiFi until I DL the new OS .713. It is ridiculously slow and even kicked me off my own secured network. VZW network is slow(er) as well.

06-24-10 11:17 AM
    Update: Today, the BB browser seems to be loading normally. By normal, I mean that it isn't taking 30+ seconds to "request" a page. WiFi still was a bit problematic at my Uni, but I don't trust their hotspots as much as I do my home network. Will continue to monitor the situation.
    06-24-10 11:27 AM
    Mine is pretty well smokin' today, and has been consistent. Little request lag, SpeedTest results between 2500-4000 download, 80-120 upload. All day so far. Maybe they got it fixed? I didn't do anything on my end.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-24-10 11:31 AM
    ^ That's what I'm hoping. Hopefully some other folks that were in our boat are experiencing the improvement as well.
    06-24-10 11:57 AM
    Mine is slow again and i haven't moved from my office in midtown NY since this morning. No new software, no battery pulls, just emails trickling in.

I can almost confirm this is a BB network issue.

Edit: It took almost a full 60 seconds to reload CNN.com. In other words, it was "REQUESTING" for this long. I did not see any images during this time. Compare this to this morning when the same page was loaded in less than 10 seconds, it problably had MOST of the page renedered in about 3-5 seconds.
    Last edited by intense55; 06-24-10 at 12:18 PM.
    06-24-10 12:14 PM
    I can almost confirm this is a BB network issue.

Edit: It took almost a full 60 seconds to reload CNN.com. In other words, it was "REQUESTING" for this long. I did not see any images during this time. Compare this to this morning when the same page was loaded in less than 10 seconds, it problably had MOST of the page renedered in about 3-5 seconds.
    When this was happening to me yesterday, I actually told my phone, "You're killing me, Smalls."
    06-24-10 12:34 PM
    Mine was set to BlackBerry Browser after the install. Changed it to Internet Browser in the options and it made a big difference for me. I dont know, worth a shot. I am also on BES, so that could be part of why it helped as well.
    06-24-10 01:15 PM
    just to let you guys now, this has been discussed with Tour's and the Bold 9650 as well on verizon. Its slow for BB's across the network.
    06-24-10 01:22 PM
    It's pretty bad just now. Bolt isn't even loading.
    06-24-10 02:20 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD