Okay, so I show up an hour early and nab the LAST spot. Its snowing here in VA beach and so I bare the cold weather. Sure enough the store only had FIVE PHONES. I asked for another location just in case I would not get the phone and the manager assured me I was last in line, so I stay and waited. Come 9:15... the lady asks where I wanted it shipped and im like wtf? Manager said I got the last one, even wrote my name on the box. Sure enough they gave it to someone else.

To top it off, when they signed me up for delivery tomorrow at noon the guy kept telling me my bill was the same price. I kept telling him it was $10 cheaper as BB mail is only $29, he kept telling me I was wrong and I would be paying the same price ($99). I told him it should be $89.

Before I know it, I'm paying for the phone and he's like its still $99 a month. I break down the costs for him ONE MORE TIME and hes like, oh you dont need the BES? I was like NO **** DUMBASS. I've been saying that the whole time. He's like, well I can't change it now, but you can call and try and have them fix it.

Oh and the manager was kind enough to give me a $25 "credit" on my account for the whole ordeal.. they don't realize I dont PAY for my phone and $25 doesn't mean anything. All I know is im really pissed and not pleased. Half those reps don't even know how to use a computer properly. its a joke.

Oh and I just realized they signed me up for 2 more years. Didn't even ask me. I only wanted a year. Whatever. I think im gonna call up customer support and ***** about it
    11-21-08 08:33 AM
    well if you don't pay your bill then the $10 shouldn't have been a big deal. and didn't you read the contract before you signed it? 2 yr instead of 1? wow!
    11-21-08 08:36 AM
    VWZ Storm Bad Taste in Mouth
    Your supposed to make phone calls on it, not lick it. I've heard of addiction, but this is crazy.
    Last edited by jtwebfusion; 11-21-08 at 08:41 AM.
    11-21-08 08:38 AM
    they didnt give me a contract or anything. I was asking about having it shipped tomorrow.. all I did was sign the credit card machine for paying for the phone. They told me theyd give me an instant rebate + money off for my inconvenience. Never ONCE did he mention contract / length etc and I signed nothing in that regards

@ jtwebfusion: haha touche :P
    11-21-08 08:39 AM
    You are lucky. I went through the same exact scenario, but they said mine wouldn't ship until Tuesday.
    11-21-08 08:40 AM
    well i feel even more for you dimented :| I almost dont want the phone now, just so I dont have to pay verizon. but thats just my spoiled inner child being a brat haha. Im just upset with Verizon on how it all went down. No harsh feelings toward RIM
    11-21-08 08:41 AM
    I agree with you. I was so pissed this morning I was ready to walk out. Then I played with the demo and got sucked back in again.
    11-21-08 08:42 AM
    Your supposed to make phone calls on it, not lick it. I've heard of addiction, but this is crazy.
    LMFAO now that was funny!
    11-21-08 08:44 AM
    haha i didnt play with a demo. i just "storm"ed out. :P
    11-21-08 08:47 AM
    wow... this sounds like another voyager situation all over again, ureal.
    11-21-08 08:51 AM
    i also heard ppl are now having to wait until next week on shipments. if the storm is not at my house by noon tomorrow, like they said, i'm gonna flip OUT lol
    11-21-08 08:52 AM
    they didnt give me a contract or anything. I was asking about having it shipped tomorrow.. all I did was sign the credit card machine for paying for the phone. They told me theyd give me an instant rebate + money off for my inconvenience. Never ONCE did he mention contract / length etc and I signed nothing in that regards

@ jtwebfusion: haha touche :P
    it will require you to extend your contract when you recieve it in the mail. there will be a number you have to call to activate it and except your contract and terms of service. if you dont activate it that way within 10 days they will charge the account for the full remainder of the phones full retail price.
    11-21-08 08:53 AM
    gotcha, thanks for that. Glad I can refuse it if I so choose.
    11-21-08 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD