Make sure your Options>Security Options>Memory Cleaning>Disabled (default) set up. I had switched mine to "enabled" and it killed my VVM.

Hope it helps.
    01-10-09 11:54 PM
    Thanks for the tip!
    01-11-09 12:23 AM
    Hmm. Thanks for passing that own bro!
    01-11-09 12:27 AM
    You're welcome. I cant believe the drama in my life from this one silly setting.

And in case you didn't know.. someone on here saved me with the great tip about the red-star icon notification of messages--- it does not work for many people if you change the settings to 4x4 grid layout.. it has to be on default... unbelievable.

Good luck
    01-11-09 12:53 AM
    Please do not open multiple threads for the same subject. Please ask the moderators to delete one of these.

And, as I said in your other thread, memory cleaning has been enabled on my phone since day one and VVM works perfectly.
    01-11-09 12:57 AM
    It was moved to rants, and I did not mean for it to be one. I was trying to help. And it looks like I did. I did not think that this helpful setting would be found in rants by someone looking for help. My post did rant at the start, so I will make sure I don't do that again.

I am glad you did not have the problem.

Thanks for the advice.
    01-11-09 01:54 AM
    Uhhhh what's vvm? Sorry if I'm not to date.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 02:08 AM
    Visual Voice Mail
    01-11-09 02:23 AM
    memory cleaning has been enabled on my phone since day one and VVM works perfectly.
    me too...with no problems.
    01-11-09 11:43 AM
    I'm not sure if this would have helped my storm, I kept getting some xml error.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 11:52 AM
    Memory Cleaning won't kill vvm.

Just a coincidence in the OP's case.
    01-11-09 12:34 PM
    I use memory cleaning and never had a problem with VVM. Also, I get the red star notification with only 1x4 (not the default of 2x4). Maybe you have another problem?
    01-11-09 03:23 PM
    I use memory cleaning and never had a problem with VVM. Also, I get the red star notification with only 1x4 (not the default of 2x4). Maybe you have another problem?
    Yeah, same here, no problems.
    01-11-09 03:26 PM
    Well, I think it is clear that there are numerous levels of settings within and without of your control. The fact that one helps one guy and not the next as not a true determinant of finality for all.

Just another tool for those struggling. When it was me I was open to all suggestions.

This memory cleaning certainly was an issue for me. Verified and replicated....

Glad it was not for you.
    01-11-09 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD