Just waiting to hear something good enough to make me upgrade....lemme have it!
    05-20-09 03:15 PM
    .148 is a higher number so its gotta be better!
    05-20-09 03:17 PM
    .148 makes my passion bucket overflow...

that is enough for VZW to approve it. there ya go.

/thread
    05-20-09 03:18 PM
    .148 is a higher number so its gotta be better!
    Gotta be true.
    05-20-09 03:19 PM
    .148 makes my passion bucket overflow...
    Eeww...gross!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 03:22 PM
    lol Speed. That is the only thing I noticed with this build. It seems a bit snappier, Locks quicker also. Other then that, thats about all so far. Still hoping for stable memory.
    05-20-09 03:25 PM
    speed, and memory both are solid. battery life improved due to radio tweaking in the S/W, and so far no major bugs impacting use of the device (most if not all of civic's bugs are still present i believe)
    05-20-09 03:26 PM
    I've been running .148 since this morning. Memory is stable and the phone runs smooth and fast. This appears to be a good build, but we'll see over the next few days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 03:49 PM
    just load .148, quit being a wuss. if you don't like it after a few days, go back to whatever you had before. not like you can't change your mind after the fact. downgrade is really easy.
    05-20-09 04:02 PM
    Maybe it's just me but, HUGE memory leak with weatherbug!! I went from 50.3mb to 23.7mb overnight. he only other app I have is quickpull. Can anyone confirm?
    05-20-09 04:11 PM
    Wan't a fan of .141 so I switched to lyr's hybrid .141.
    .148 is better than .141. Can't speak of the new the .148/5.0 Hybrid.
    weatherbug has always been a resource hog!
    As long as the battery life is better, I'm all over .148. That's been my biggest gripe with the other recent leaks.
    05-20-09 04:13 PM
    Battery good
    Signal good
    much faster
    no memory leak but i have the 5.0 .93
    all in all much better then .141
    05-20-09 04:17 PM
    As long as the battery life is better, I'm all over .148. That's been my biggest gripe with the other recent leaks.
    Same here. My only gripe about all the updates Ive run
    05-20-09 04:19 PM
    Maybe it's just me but, HUGE memory leak with weatherbug!! I went from 50.3mb to 23.7mb overnight. he only other app I have is quickpull. Can anyone confirm?
    I noticed the Weatherbug memory leak several weeks ago and deleted it right away. Try Simpleweather in the app section. Much better and more accurate as the temps are updated by The Weather Channel from the National Weather Service. Oh and no memory leaks with Simpleweather.

I think I'll try .148 this weekend.
    05-20-09 04:26 PM
    weatherbug has always been a resource hog!
    Yeah, just do it already.

Oh yeah, weatherbug, might, just might, have been created by the devil.
    05-20-09 04:31 PM
    lol Speed. That is the only thing I noticed with this build. It seems a bit snappier, Locks quicker also. Other then that, thats about all so far. Still hoping for stable memory.
    Seems to agree with you. It does seem to be a bit snappier. I've been using it for the past 4 hours and notice the apps responses better.

The dialpad does have a little lag.
    05-20-09 04:34 PM
    .148 has been great:
    The audio bug is fixed, the lock bug is fixed and it locks/unlocks faster than any other OS. All the other improvements of other OS are just as good or better.

.141: It has a better radio for me as far as handling large data downloads. Specifically video files such as Poynt movie trailers and Youtube video through KeepVid: Download and save any video from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, iFilm and more!

.141 always succeeded in downloading these large video files, it was basically perfect in this department.

.148 is back to failed downloads practically all the time for me.

I am thinking of trying to swap the radio, but I think that will bring back the audio bug so I don't think it's worth it. In general the .148 radio seems great and appears to handle data quite fast. I think it's just that .141 tried harder and didn't time out or something the way other OS seem too all too frequently with these video downloads.
    05-20-09 04:40 PM
    .148 has been great:
    The audio bug is fixed, the lock bug is fixed and it locks/unlocks faster than any other OS. All the other improvements of other OS are just as good or better.

.141: It has a better radio for me as far as handling large data downloads. Specifically video files such as Poynt movie trailers and Youtube video through KeepVid: Download and save any video from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, iFilm and more!

.141 always succeeded in downloading these large video files, it was basically perfect in this department.

.148 is back to failed downloads practically all the time for me.

I am thinking of trying to swap the radio, but I think that will bring back the audio bug so I don't think it's worth it. In general the .148 radio seems great and appears to handle data quite fast. I think it's just that .141 tried harder and didn't time out or something the way other OS seem too all too frequently with these video downloads.
    in response to your signature as well as the post

i'm interested to see what VZW finds in their testing...they go pretty in depth. unless some major flaw comes up, idk if this WON'T be the next official. most of the flaws that .141 had are addressed with this build, so it's possible.
    05-20-09 04:47 PM
    The new Weatherbug sips memory. If you have not updated, you need too. Whats eating your battery is Quickpull. I removed it and major memory leaks just ceased to exist. Hard to believe such a little app could cause so many problems. To be honest, I don't miss it myself. The results of a Quickpull never seemed to be as good as the results of a pure good old fashioned battery pull. Unless you have a case that is impossible to get off, (used to have one of those) its really not needed.
    05-21-09 03:06 AM
    For me .148 is superior at this moment. The only other firmware that ran even this close was .113 and you don't want to backtrack probably. I personally had no luck at all with .141 or any of the hybrids, .132 worked all right except for the random reboots and .122 was stable but might as well have been on .75 for all its lack of speed, speaking of which .75 was nice and stable, good compatibility and no real problems except it was slow and screens where laggy.
    Last edited by techitrucker; 05-21-09 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Typo
    05-21-09 03:17 AM
    just load .148, quit being a wuss. if you don't like it after a few days, go back to whatever you had before. not like you can't change your mind after the fact. downgrade is really easy.
    So i quit being a "wuss" and got the .148, already i have noticed that it isn't getting along with my storm slider. It goes dim lights back up for a sec and then the lock kicks in, never did that b4. Also whenever i turn it on, once the little clock stops spinning i get a white screen until i push a botton or the screen itself then it shows my theme.
    Last edited by genious; 05-21-09 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Nevermind, im downloading lyricidals new hybrid now, .148 is great in some areas but it was not what i thought it would be.
    05-21-09 03:21 AM
    So i quit being a "wuss" and got the .148, already i have noticed that it isn't getting along with my storm slider. It goes dim lights back up for a sec and then the lock kicks in, never did that b4. Also whenever i turn it on, once the little clock stops spinning i get a white screen until i push a botton or the screen itself then it shows my theme.
    i've heard issues with some 3rd party apps not working with .148. its the apps, RIM did some changes to the code and the new apps aren't adapted for the changes. we'll see how they react if/when .148 was released.

if you need further help or have questions PM me or email [email protected]

and i've yet to see that many OS questions sent in for my "ask patches" project. you can send them to [email protected] and they'll be used for my feture every monday. check it out!
    05-21-09 03:32 PM
    in response to your signature as well as the post

i'm interested to see what VZW finds in their testing...they go pretty in depth. unless some major flaw comes up, idk if this WON'T be the next official. most of the flaws that .141 had are addressed with this build, so it's possible.
    patches,

you really think this will be official?... no os has been able to use "mute button" to switch between vibrate and normal profiles, but ALL EXCEPT this one HAVE been able to do it atleast while holstered. This is a HUGE issue for me, and would expect VZW to get several calls a day about it if they released it.
    05-21-09 03:39 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD