1. l_wright's Avatar
    ok so here are my few questions....
    1... I have the leaked 517 OSand from my understanding there is a newer system... should I go for it or wait for the 6.0 to come out...

    2. When I do upgrade, since I have a leaked OS will I need to Downgrade to Upgrade and if I do need to do that.. how in the world do I do that?

    3. when I do finally upgrade.. all the purchased apps and themes and such will they come with the upgrade or will I need to repurchase em? Or will a backup do the trick?

    Thanks in advance
    04-21-10 01:28 PM
  2. LoSt180's Avatar
    1. .607 is latest from Verizon. Might as well upgrade to at least the latest "official" release. Might be holding your breath a while for 6.0.

    2. No. Just upgrade via DM (or AppLoader). Won't be able to use the OTA upgrade on a leak.

    3. Make sure to backup 3rd party apps, just in case. They should all restore, may have to enter activation keys again.
    04-21-10 01:43 PM
  3. spyderman09's Avatar
    1) I would check out the findings and fixes thread ( I know it's long, but it's got some testimonials that help determine the bugs), there are some bugs that people have with .607 that you may find to be a deal breaker to upgrading. if .517 is working well for you, you may not want to upgrade. I have upgraded to .607 and don't have some of the issues, but like I said, one of the issues may be a dealbreaker.

    2) No downgrade needed, just upgrade. Leaks are just OSs that haven't been made official...or shall I say, Official OSs are just leaks that are official...you get the idea

    3) You will not need to repurchase apps and themes, but you will likely have to re-enter the registration codes, so either write them down or make sure you go to the place you bought them and the codes will be there. Loader will back up and restore what's on your phone if you so choose during upgrading.
    04-21-10 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD