Hey everyone...new to this forum and have been lurking for quite some time over the last few weeks. I currently have a Voyager and am not too pleased with the touch screen. Having issues with key recognition (i.e., hitting the 8 and then it types 2 or visa versa, etc., etc). I have reconfigured the screen tap and still the key recognition part of it only works well when it wants to and sometimes not at all.

My question is this...I was looking into upgrading to the Storm (my NE2 upgrade is good tomorrow) but I'm so afraid the touch screen will have the same issues. I do love my Voyager and hardly ever use the actual keyboard unless the touch screen doesn't work so I figure the Storm would be the obvious upgrade choice.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm not a chronic texter/emailer but do want it to work well when I use it. Thanks so much!
    02-27-09 08:49 AM
    I went from the Voyager to the Storm and love it. The touch screen needs a little to get used to and you can always add to the list of things you type wrong to auto correct to the right spelling. I love it. I type at least 10 e-mails on it a day without any issues, over 120 texts per day and no issues.
    02-27-09 08:57 AM
    Go to the store and play with one. There will be a learning curve for sure.
    02-27-09 09:11 AM
    I went from the Voyager to the Storm as well and the Storm is a lot better IMHO. The difference in the screens are night and day, the Storms is so much better both with input and looks. Get the Storm, it is an actual smart phone instead of a feature phone, like the Voyager, you can do so much more with it.
    02-27-09 09:14 AM
    I would definitely go to the store first and try it out. It may be easier to do things on the Storm though cause of the click screen.
    02-27-09 09:15 AM
    If you do try it at the store make sure a bunch of apps haven't been left open by other people, or see if you can do a battery pull. With people f'n with it all day it won't work the way it should.
    02-27-09 09:16 AM
    I came from a Voyager, too, and I'm very happy with my choice. I had the s
    ame problems you mentioned with the Voyager. It was a good phone but I think you'll like the Storm a lot more. There's tons more you can do with it compared to the Voyager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 09:19 AM
    had a voyager and moved to the Storm. Several times I thoguht about going back The Voyager is easier to message on, but it is a "locked" system. What you buy and can do on "day 1" is what you will have 2 years from now.

My Storm gets better, more fun and valuable to my almost every week as I find new uses and more apps hit the street.

There is a learning curve but I really find the Storm to be a little mini computer and the Voyager is just a phone.
    02-27-09 09:34 AM
    Thanks so much everyone. I really wanted the Storm but was afraid I would have to go the Curve to avoid those issues.

I do think I'll go ahead and get it...what a relief to finally make a decision as I have been debating over the last several weeks which one to get.
    02-27-09 09:34 AM
    My wife has a voyager, and I toyed with the idea of getting one instead of a Storm. The Voyager is nice, but the Storm is a much better phone. I would say that going from that spacious keyboard to the Storm's might have been a negative for you, but if you hardly use it, then all the more reason to upgrade. I've had mine 2 weeks, and I've gotten very comfortable with the keyboard, and much faster. Not only that, but the browser blows the Voyager away, plus the ease of email setup, better screen, etc.

I agree with TheChamp, have the rep clear out the apps or do a battery pull. People play with the in-store demos and it doesn't give you a true representation of the phone. Good luck!
    02-27-09 09:39 AM
    I switched from the. Voyager to the storm and I have yet to look back! The touch screen took some getting used to but I was good with it after about 2 hours

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 10:51 AM
    I also moved from a Voyager to a Storm. I'm so glad I made the switch. The Voyager touch screen was not reliable and it wasn't really used to do anything different from a normal phone. I feel the whole idea of having a touch screen is to get a better experience out of the phone.

I love the Storm and you should definitely try it out. The keyboard does take a little getting use to because it uses heat to first pick the spot and then the click to actually push the button. After you get comfortable with that (and using the awesome SureType) you will be typing faster than you did on the QWERTY keyboard.
    02-27-09 11:26 AM
    Now I am really starting to get excited to go tomorrow and pick one up! It will be my first BB
    02-27-09 11:35 AM
    had a voyager too.. storm is way better to type on .. in fact on the voyager i would always type by flipping open.
    02-27-09 11:46 AM
    Sounds like there's quite a few of us who moved from Voyagers over to the storm. I've had mine for one day and I love it! The typing takes some getting used to...but it's not too bad even for a newbie.

The clickable screen feels quite a bit like using the voyager's qwerty keyboard...just takes a little bit of use before you can get used to it.

Bottom Line: Get a storm!
    02-27-09 12:05 PM
    Moved from a Voyager as well. No regrets in the move either. The Storm keeps suprising me everyday with how much I use it!
    02-27-09 01:05 PM
    I have the Voyager and the Storm(lg personal and bb work phone). If i need to send a text i use the Voyager. But when i leave the house on the weekend i forward all my calls (*72###..) to my Storm. I really love the STORM, it is a great phone. If you get the Storm, upgrade the os and you'll love it. The Voyager isn't that bad of a phone, but sense i got the Storm i really don't care about Voyager.

Get the Storm
    02-27-09 01:05 PM
    I went from a Voyager to a Storm as well and I like the Storm much more the only problem is the Storm just has so many darn problems. Im on my 3rd Storm and while it has worked much better than the previous 2 the touch screen is slowly getting worst and Im not thrilled about going back to the VZW store to see about getting another one.
    02-27-09 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD