2008 Engadget Awards

The iPhone is ahead right now but don't let Engadget post the Storm as the flop of the year!
    03-16-09 04:53 PM
    Thanks for the link, although iPhone is gonna win...at least the Storm won't come in last.
    03-16-09 05:01 PM
    all others have no chance.
    03-16-09 05:31 PM
    just don't let those iPhone junkies vote the Storm the biggest flop of 2008.
    03-16-09 05:33 PM
    just don't let those iPhone junkies vote the Storm the biggest flop of 2008.
    Not good so far. Storm #1 in that category.
    03-16-09 05:37 PM
    Sorry but the Storm has been hyped up so much and just didn't deliver. RIM deserves every bit of flack they get.
    03-16-09 05:40 PM
    ******* Macs dominated every category... Anything Apple. Go figure, that truly is fanboism....
    03-16-09 05:41 PM
    Problem is that RIM may just cut their losses if the bad public relations keeps piling on. Why invest in a brand that is DOA. They would be better off putting their effort into the next generation and give it another name. Guess where that would leave us.

The Storm doesn't need to beat Apple in any category, just don't let those same Applefanatics swing the vote where they aren't even listed.
    Last edited by hennesseystealth; 03-16-09 at 05:49 PM.
    03-16-09 05:44 PM
    I agree that iPhone is gonna win as the best gadget of the year. But Storm will be in 2nd place.

I can't believe so many people (more than 6,000 people) voted the Storm as the worst gadget of the year. Since the number is about the same as the number that voted for the iPhone as the best gadget, I believe they are the same people. If it is true, that means the iPhone crowd views the Storm as their "number 1 enemy", and I think the Storm is well-deserved to have such "honor" to be number 1 on their hate list. It will be real bad if the iPhone crowd does not even care about the Storm.

It also shows that the Storm users have more class not to vote the iPhone as the worst gadget.
    Last edited by substring; 03-16-09 at 05:48 PM.
    03-16-09 05:45 PM
    I agree that iPhone is gonna win as the best gadget of the year. But Storm will be in 2nd place.

I can't believe so many people (more than 6,000 people) voted the Storm as the worst gadget of the year. Since the number is about the same as the number that voted for the iPhone as the best gadget, I believe they are the same people. If it is true, that means the iPhone crowd views the Storm as their "number 1 enemy", and I think the Storm is well-deserved to have such "honor" to be number 1 on their hate list. It will be real bad if the iPhone crowd does not even care about the Storm.

It also shows that the Storm users have more class not to vote the iPhone as the worst gadget.
    Unfortunately, Engadget didn't provide that option...iPhone isn't in the list of worst gadgets. So, to some extent, Engadget is biasing the voting through their initial list.
    03-16-09 05:51 PM
    OK, it's Engadget...of course Apple is going to win most things.
    03-16-09 05:51 PM
    Unfortunately, Engadget didn't provide that option...iPhone isn't in the list of worst gadgets. So, to some extent, Engadget is biasing the voting through their initial list.
    Honestly, I wouldn't have voted for the iPhone as worst gadget anyway, BUT you are correct that leaving it out whle making sure the Storm was in there creates a voting bias. Those guys are tools over there anyway.
    03-16-09 05:55 PM
    I wonder what would happen if Crackberry put a call to arms on the front page...500K votes later we would see who can mobilize an army
    03-16-09 06:02 PM
    Thanks for pointing it out. I thought I saw it there. But you are absolutely correct that Engadget is biased on this poll. They should provide the same list for best and for worst gadget to be fair.

But for argument's sake, even if they have the iPhone on the list, I won't vote it as the worst because we have class.
    03-16-09 06:03 PM
    LOL, vote cast, Worst Gadget of the Year = Storm
    The rest of the list was not bad...
    03-16-09 06:03 PM
    Voted. And I had an iphone 3g and hated it so much. I had it for 5 months. Loved it at first but the longer I had it the more I hated it. The storm is the opposite for me. Every day I enjoy it more.

And I can't believe how biased those tools are. I had no idea.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 06:09 PM
    LOL, vote cast, Worst Gadget of the Year = Storm
    The rest of the list was not bad...
    OK, we all know how you feel about the Storm, but you're lying through your teeth if you seriously couldn't find something worse on that list.

And even you should be able to admit that there was serious bias there in putting the Storm on that list, but not the iPhone.
    03-16-09 06:11 PM
    Well, the MacBook Air isn't that far behind the Storm on the worst list...nor the Zune. Maybe a little CB push can move one of those to the top.
    03-16-09 06:21 PM
    OK, we all know how you feel about the Storm, but you're lying through your teeth if you seriously couldn't find something worse on that list.

And even you should be able to admit that there was serious bias there in putting the Storm on that list, but not the iPhone.

The iPhone works great, it has changed the game, if you do not see that you are a fanboi. The Storm has some serious issues, any reasonable person will admit.
    03-16-09 06:22 PM
    Do me a favor and send me that picture that you have stored on your iPhone to my storm.. oh wait.. okay I guess you can just copy/paste my email in your iPhone.. oh wait again.

Dang, you really changed the game.
    03-16-09 06:25 PM
    Voted. And I had an iphone 3g and hated it so much. I had it for 5 months. Loved it at first but the longer I had it the more I hated it. The storm is the opposite for me. Every day I enjoy it more.

And I can't believe how biased those tools are. I had no idea.

^^^^Crackberry Poster Child
    03-16-09 06:28 PM
    The iPhone works great, it has changed the game, if you do not see that you are a fanboi. The Storm has some serious issues, any reasonable person will admit.
    I wasn't talking about the gadget of the year list silly...I was talking about the "worst gadget of the year" list. In that field the Storm couldn't possibly be remotely close to the worst unless you are lying. Nor would the iPhone if those ******* had even put it on the list.
    03-16-09 06:34 PM
    My Storm has no issues. It is running so good that I didn't even look at 114. I am over 1.7 million seconds of uptime on 109 and can't say anything doesn't work better than I expected. I don't think the iPhone could do the business related things I need (>4000 calendar entries all synced to the corporate calendaring system, >5000 records in the contact database which is also synced to our corporate CRM database...each record has up to 100 fields).
    03-16-09 06:40 PM
    ^^^^Crackberry Poster Child
    Why?

03-16-09 06:48 PM
    Engadget and engadget users are very PRO iphone and Apple. I doubt the Storm would win there "Gadget of the year".

But i'll do my part. 1 Vote for the Storm!
    03-16-09 06:52 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD