Hello everyone. Have any of you encountered a problem with your 9550's volume control. Mines seem to automatically adjust downward one notch - repeatedly - when the phone is held up to my face while on the phone and if tilted face down - and also sideways - w/ movement. Now when I listen to my music, this problem occurring totally mutes my sound. Therefore, I can't enjoy listening to my music on the go when in my pouch. Do any of you know what the problem could be(?). ...I've never dropped my phone at all to damage it(?).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 03:23 PM
    IF a battery pull doesn't fix it, call Verizon and see if they'll patch you thru to RIM to discuss that issue. You MIGHT even need to do an OS reload, like I had to do recently because the email "to" field wouldn't auto-fill when I began typing my contact's names. we tried all sorts of things, and finally had to resort to an OS refresh. that did the trick.
    06-15-10 04:36 PM
    Do you have the vlingo app installed by chance? I can't say this from experience but there was talk from others that Vlingo played ditty trcka with the volume.

06-15-10 05:08 PM
    Well, I did a os reload and that did work for a moment and then the problem presented itself again. And I don't have vlingo app installed on my device.

06-15-10 05:55 PM
    I had to ditch vlingo right after I installed it, due to it misbehaving. 'twas a bummer, because if the app worked properly, it would have been awesome.
    06-15-10 06:01 PM
    Same here. Too buggy for me.

I had to ditch vlingo right after I installed it, due to it misbehaving. 'twas a bummer, because if the app worked properly, it would have been awesome.
    06-15-10 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD