I am a newbie to the Blackberry world. I don't usually use mms/sms, so i've been using the 250 texts plan from Verizon.

Is there a way to be notified of voicemails without sms/mms usage?
    11-25-08 08:17 AM
    I use YouMail and just have an email goto to my gmail which I get on my blackberry when I get a VM
    11-25-08 08:31 AM
    VZW doesnt use sms or mms to notify you of voicemails. Its a separate notification process.
    11-25-08 08:32 AM
    Why does it show up in my mms/sms box?
    11-25-08 09:56 AM
    Why does it show up in my mms/sms box?
    That's actually a good question. i wouldn't think that the VM message in the inbox would count toward SMSb but i don't know and now i'm curious!

does anyone know the answer to this?
    11-25-08 11:03 AM
    I'm guessing that it shows up in your "Messages" folder which shows all messages (VM, SMS, MMS, email, etc)... Just because something shows up in that folder does not mean you're being charged for SMS/MMS.
    11-25-08 11:06 AM
    I'm guessing that it shows up in your "Messages" folder which shows all messages (VM, SMS, MMS, email, etc)... Just because something shows up in that folder does not mean you're being charged for SMS/MMS.
    but doesn't VM notification come from the carrier? or maybe the blackberry somehow creats/sends rom the device itself after one is left.

usually SMS from the carrier is free and not counted against your plan. i'd like to know though.
    11-25-08 11:14 AM
    the SMS and MMS messages do not show up in your Messages folder. It is just email, voicemail, and missed calls (that I have seen so far). But to the OP there are two folders, one for messages and one for SMS/MMS. I am 99% positive that the ones in the messages folder do not count as text messages as they are not showing up on MyVerizon, while my SMS/MMS do.
    11-25-08 11:17 AM
    the SMS and MMS messages do not show up in your Messages folder. It is just email, voicemail, and missed calls (that I have seen so far). But to the OP there are two folders, one for messages and one for SMS/MMS. I am 99% positive that the ones in the messages folder do not count as text messages as they are not showing up on MyVerizon, while my SMS/MMS do.
    I'm sorry, I should have been more explicit... the different folders can be combined or separate. In my current theme, they are combined so I get all messages in my messages folder (SMS/MMS, VM, Missed Calls, Emails) but the emails also show up in the email folders for the associated account.

I guess it depends on which option you select.

At least we all seem to agree that they don't count against your SMS/MMS plan.
    11-25-08 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD