how bout RIM just turns up treble setting on the firmware so it doesn't sound so muddy.

who knows how they'll fix the way the microphone picks up our voices tho :\
    That is adjustable. Open the phone, hit the menu button, and click options. Go to general options, and scroll to the bottom. The Enhanced Headset and Handset options can be set to "Boost Treble"
    12-11-08 08:01 PM
    same problem here--- people cant hear me clearly
    12-11-08 08:11 PM
    That is adjustable. Open the phone, hit the menu button, and click options. Go to general options, and scroll to the bottom. The Enhanced Headset and Handset options can be set to "Boost Treble"
    Thanks for letting us know about the boost treble option, but it didn't seem to make any substantial difference. I was getting the same complaints from people on the other end of my phone calls that it was very hard to discern my words from one another; I sounded very muffled and too bassy.

I had someone call me with my storm and I listened to it for myself for the first time today - the voice quality produced by the storm's microphone is startlingly bad. I honestly don't know what to do. I love this phone but it's making conversations frustratingly difficult...I shouldn't have to hold the damn thing a certain way in order to be understood either. It's not like a microphone is a new feature in a mobile...how did this get messed up?
    12-11-08 08:30 PM
    Thanks for letting us know about the boost treble option, but it didn't seem to make any substantial difference. I was getting the same complaints from people on the other end of my phone calls that it was very hard to discern my words from one another; I sounded very muffled and too bassy.
    That's because it only affects the earpiece not the microphone.

I would tend to suspect you might have a defective unit though given your other problem.
    12-11-08 08:36 PM
    That's because it only affects the earpiece not the microphone.

I would tend to suspect you might have a defective unit though given your other problem.
    My storm hasn't had any of the other problems that have crossed this forum's threads. It switches from landscape to profile fine, its screen has a nice even click, it hasn't had any significant lag...I thought I had a good unit.

If you haven't done so already I'd ask you to have someone take your storm and call you on another phone with it to check your own out. If this is yet ANOTHER issue that effects some storms, then I really gotta ask what the frick is up with RIM's quality control.
    12-11-08 08:43 PM

I had someone call me with my storm and I listened to it for myself for the first time today - the voice quality produced by the storm's microphone is startlingly bad. I honestly don't know what to do. I love this phone but it's making conversations frustratingly difficult...I shouldn't have to hold the damn thing a certain way in order to be understood either. It's not like a microphone is a new feature in a mobile...how did this get messed up?

I agree with your entire second paragraph. I had someone call me with my storm and i used their phone and it definitely did sound horrible.
    12-11-08 11:55 PM
    I called vzw tech support regarding the voice quality. It has been a problem since I purchased the phone, people complain that I sound robotic and I often find myself hanging up and using a land line. The tech told me to dial ***send each time I have a problem with voice quality over the next 5 days and they will then dispatch people to look at the network (tower signal) in each of those areas, then they will determine if it is my handset. This is of course frustrating to me because this device is supposed to function as a phone and I should not have to wait 10+ days for them to determine if my phone is defective. Of course, the 10+ days will place me outside of my worry free guarantee. I love my Storm but I am annoyed with the call quality. I never have less than 3 bars and no one can hear me, I never had this problem on my Q. Is this the normal procedure when a customer complains of issues with their call quality?
    12-14-08 02:22 PM
    I had the same issues with mine, people kept complaining that they couldnt hear me and said I sounded muffled. I took it back to bestbuy yesterday and they tried it and confirmed that it sucked. They replaced it on the spot and so far it seems like this microphone is working like it should be.
    12-15-08 11:59 AM
    Everybody tells me the same thing. I sound "muffled" when on a call and its often difficult for people to even understand me. I think I need to get a new device!
    12-15-08 12:27 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD