Has anyone else faced problems with this?

I was minute taking in a meeting last week and thought i'd utilise my Berry to record notes for back up reference....so I thought.

...anyway it turns out that whenever i start the recorder, it would record for as long as the backlight was on! so about 2min..very annoyed

When I eventually realised what was gong on, it took around 2 attempts to finally get the phone to start recording for longer...but now its left me with little confidence.

anyone? or do I just put it down as one of the weird and wonderful things of a BlackBerry that just requires a battery pull
    07-25-10 12:42 PM
    Yeah that does suck about the voice recorder. One solution is to touch the screen every minute. Very annoying and tedious, obviously. But I have an app called LeaveItOn. It allows you to set the backlight timer for as long as you want for each individual app. That would definitely solve your problem.
    07-25-10 02:34 PM
    This is an interesting find. I did a search on the LeaveItOn app (since I generally 'hate' paying for apps) and found this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/new-app-leave-261275/

Turns out, BBlight will do the same for FREE and it is app agnostic.
    BBLight
    Last edited by brown_storm; 07-25-10 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Added link for BBlight
    07-25-10 03:53 PM
    I never heard of BBlight but I know I tried another similar app and found LeaveItOn to be the best (for me anyways). I also like the message indicator feature. I got $25 worth of free software from mobihand so that took away the sting of paying for it.

It seems like my 8330 had the backlight feature built in.
    07-25-10 04:37 PM
    BTW what does app agnostic mean?
    07-25-10 04:38 PM
    BTW what does app agnostic mean?
    I think he means any app with issues of the screen timing out, will work with BBlight.
    07-25-10 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD