I've had the Storm for a few weeks now and can't seem to figure out how to make it tell me I've got voice mail. Is there something I need to do?

BTW, I searched for this first before posting but could not find the answer.

Find the posting on here really useful. Thanks.
    01-10-09 04:37 AM
    you're not getting the little icon on the top of your screen?
    01-10-09 08:55 AM
    Not trying to insult you but you dont see a line with two circles at the end? its almost like a tape reel just under the date on the home screen. I also get a message in the "all" message folder alerting me and as far as I know my settings for voice mail are factory.
    01-10-09 08:59 AM
    The problem is now solved. It was a technical problem with Telus. They reset my phone and now I do indeed see the voice mail icon as well as the text message icon. Thanks for your suggestions.
    01-13-09 04:10 PM
    OK, this is dumb and I am VERY new to my blackberry (like days new). Can anyone tell me what the vm indicator looks like? I have an icon on my screen that has a 1 and then it looks like a peice of paper or something and I have no idea what it is...

Help!
    Thanks in advance
    01-18-09 04:13 PM
    Like this (more or less):

O O

sorry I am not the best ASCII artist! lol
    01-18-09 04:18 PM
    o_o or O O like Synergie said.
    01-18-09 04:34 PM
    This has a 1 next to a box that looks like it has a red dot on it?....This is sooo confusing
    01-18-09 04:37 PM
    This has a 1 next to a box that looks like it has a red dot on it?....This is sooo confusing
    You sure it's not an envelope? For a text or email? Check pages 37 and 38 in your Tips, Hints, and Shortcuts book that came with the phone.
    01-18-09 05:18 PM
    I saw it on my phone and looked through the user guide but didn't see it listed
    01-18-09 09:58 PM
    I had a similar issue with my vm icon. I had something like this **0_0 1**

The only way I found to fix it was to install .86! But do that at your own risk
    01-18-09 10:01 PM
    or you can get free VM via VyMail- which uses the YouMail system.

I have had it now for about a week- and love it.

AND it's free. You don't have to pay verizon 2.99 for VMM.
    01-18-09 11:43 PM
    Ok...anyone know how to stop this blasted thing from txting me every time I have voicemail!!

I get the voicemail indicator and I also get a text every time I have a voice mail and I just want it to stop texting me...any ideas...I've played around with all the settings in my voicemail with telus but still no luck
    01-19-09 02:37 AM
    Not trying to insult you but you dont see a line with two circles at the end? its almost like a tape reel just under the date on the home screen. I also get a message in the "all" message folder alerting me and as far as I know my settings for voice mail are factory.

i CANNOT get this to leave my screen
    01-19-09 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD