If this has been covered im sorry. Can someone help or explain how to change the voice mail alert sound?

Thanks
    01-20-09 12:37 PM
    Go to your profiles, set contact alerts, other, VVM.
    01-20-09 12:42 PM
    Go to your profiles, set contact alerts, other, VVM.
    Mine does not show up in "other". I'm almost sure this is due to our IT policy having content protection enabled. Could this be the case for you? have you activated with BES at work?
    01-20-09 12:46 PM
    Mine does not show up in "other". I'm almost sure this is due to our IT policy having content protection enabled. Could this be the case for you? have you activated with BES at work?
    Does your BES allow you to use VVM?
    01-20-09 12:48 PM
    Does your BES allow you to use VVM?
    We don't specifically block it but we do turn on content protection as our users have client sensitive data on their devices. Content protection is known to cause multiple issues not only with VVM but when you receive a call when your phone is locked.
    01-20-09 12:50 PM
    I don't have that setting as well,
    01-20-09 12:52 PM
    Gotcha. I take it your the Admin for your BES. It's weird though that receiving a call when your phone is locked is affected. Is this for all of your BB's or just the Storm?
    01-20-09 12:52 PM
    Yes I can use VVM
    01-20-09 12:54 PM
    Gotcha. I take it your the Admin for your BES. It's weird though that receiving a call when your phone is locked is affected. Is this for all of your BB's or just the Storm?
    When content protection is enabled the device is locked some users experience an issue where the contact name does not display. This apparently happens becuase the phone is doing what it supposed to do (lock out all info) and the phone can not pull contact details due to phone being locked. Therefore no caller ID, all that is displayed is the contact number, no name.

I'm not sure if it happens on just the storm or across all platforms. I also belive content protection is one of those newer features (not sure exactly which OS platform started coming with them) so there are some bugs to be worked out. However, if it happens on other devices, now you know. =D
    01-20-09 01:12 PM
    Cool. I get it now.
    01-20-09 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD