Hello Everyone,

I'm having issues is with voice dialing. Regardless of whether or not I push the button on the left side of the phone or do it from my headset the phone freezes on the voice command screen... It doesn't even indicate that it's listening... just a white screen... I usually end up hitting the menu button and dialing the number.

The only way to get it working again is to do a battery pull... which I'm doing daily!

Is anyone else having this problem? I've checked the forums, but it seems to be related to a specific headset.
    01-07-09 08:05 AM
    Hello Everyone,

I'm having issues is with voice dialing. Regardless of whether or not I push the button on the left side of the phone or do it from my headset the phone freezes on the voice command screen... It doesn't even indicate that it's listening... just a white screen... I usually end up hitting the menu button and dialing the number.

The only way to get it working again is to do a battery pull... which I'm doing daily!

Is anyone else having this problem? I've checked the forums, but it seems to be related to a specific headset.
    Jabra headset by chance?

I have a Jabra bt650 which it does it with consistently. But I also use Motorola ROKR T505 for music in my work truck and Motorola HT820s and have never had it happen with either
    01-07-09 08:21 AM
    Nope... I have the Motorola T505. But, it locks up even without the bluetooth.
    01-07-09 09:48 AM
    Werd - same issue.
    I only experienced this in .83+

As far as I understand, it's an OS bug, hopefully the next version will have a fix.
    01-07-09 10:21 AM
    Woohoo! I'm not insane! I think I'm going to install .85 tonight and see what it does for me. I am a big voice prompt user...
    01-07-09 03:59 PM
    Hello Everyone,

This is driving me insane also!!! Yesterday I did 3 or 4 battery pulls on .85, two for this alone!
    01-07-09 04:26 PM
    I did find it to be a bigger problem with 85 than 83 as well.
    01-07-09 04:33 PM
    I am so glad I checked this post before I installed .85! I already went back to .75 from .83 because it was buggy as **** for me.
    01-07-09 04:37 PM
    Nobody mentioned it but I have noticed that it locks up if you cancel a voice command instead of letting it dial through. I hate removing the battery to fix this. Lets hope they do something about it in an update.
    01-12-09 03:11 PM
    I am having this issue using the Jawbone2. It does eventually resolve itself if I let it be for a minute or two. It didn't do this when I first started using it, but after about two weeks, it does it fairly frequently.
    Very annoying...c'mon .87
    01-12-09 07:48 PM
    I'm having this same issue. I'll hit Voice Dialing and get the white screen, then nothing. I think it's stuck listening and it even drains my battery to dead if not stopped with a battery pull. I tried just turning off the phone but found that the Voice Dialing was still running--I tried to run a youtube vid and got an error message saying that youtube couldn't run while Voice Dialing was also running.

I upgraded my OS to the 103 Beta and still have this problem. I don't use a Bluetooth headset. This is just the phone.

Any solutions? I may have to try to downgrade back to .75 because I use the voice dialing a lot.
    02-13-09 09:54 PM
    I also have the T505 and just experienced this today. After I got out of the screen I was not able to get back to voice dialing until I pulled. =/
    02-13-09 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD