I am having a unique problem with voice activation when used with my bluetooth headset. The first call I make is flawless. I am extremely impressed with the speech recognition of the Storm. The problem is when I hang up the first call and attempt to make a second call, I get the "white screen of death" with the message- Initializing, please wait. Clicking my bluetooth headset to hangup clears the screen but I am still unable to make a voice activated call until I do a battery pull. I am running 4.7.0.75 and using a Z9i headset (but it happens with my Plantronics 520 too).

Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas on a way to work around it without a battery pull?
    01-16-09 02:06 PM
    This is a known issue. Please search the forums, there is no fix that I know of.
    01-16-09 02:09 PM
    sorry. I did a search and didn't find it. Could you give me a link to the thread you are referring to?
    01-16-09 02:11 PM
    I have had this happen to me often I found that if I hang up the first call via the blue tooth head set I can make a second using voice dial. If I let the call just hang up I get the white screen of death.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 02:11 PM
    I have this problem too. I've searched these boards, no fixes found. The only way it goes way for me is if turn the headset off manually on the headset itself or do a battery pull. This is very annoying. Hope its fixed on the next os.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 02:56 PM
    WHile I have the same problem with blue tooth headset, it some times works sometimes freezes. BUT instead of pulling the battery, the "go back" hard key usually works with a 5 second or so delay.
    01-25-09 04:28 PM
    Update: Installed .90 OS and no longer have this problem.
    01-25-09 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD