HazySky to the rescue hey !
    11-22-08 10:55 AM
    Hopefully. But let's wait and see, these piggy back sim's are a bit of a shot in the dark when it comes to BB's.
    11-22-08 11:18 AM
    Depending on how it goes -

I will purchase an unlock code from a reputable supplier - but most quote between 3 and 16 days
    11-22-08 11:22 AM
    I've tried to get one unlocked from Horizon Wireless and initially they said that it can be done, but then said they are not sure and it will take 2 weeks to find out. They may or may not be able to unlock it, as they feel they might only be able to unlock a certain percentage of phones. Then after its unlocked no one knows if it will work 100% .........

Whoever you talk to, make sure they know what they are on about.
    11-22-08 11:28 AM
    Thanks Ash -

The supplier you mentioned seemed to be the most reputable and I may still go with them.

This whole issue is pretty annoying, especialy if Vodaphone has pre-locked all the IMEIs to their Network.

Interesting though that Expansys are taking orders for SIM free Storms - I wonder how they will work? or not.

Martin
    11-22-08 11:59 AM
    Right got a problem that has highlighted by what I tried fromwhst hazy said

I don't seem to have a data connection at all????

I think it's the settings of rebelsim I going to talk to the techs at rebelsim later

When I tried the browser earlier was just the default home page

Sorry about that

There are 12 modes to try on the rebelsim

It's got full signal strength and says 3g below the bars don't know why there is no data connection

Any ideas. Anyone

Thanks

Ian
    11-22-08 12:38 PM
    I have had this problem before with an unlocked BOLD, can you let me know exactly what comes up when trying to register on o2email? I managed to get it working in the end using the phone itself rather than through o2email.
    11-22-08 01:30 PM
    I have had this problem before with an unlocked BOLD, can you let me know exactly what comes up when trying to register on o2email? I managed to get it working in the end using the phone itself rather than through o2email.
    hi mate

it says

"the information you have provided is not valid for thsi service provider"

this is doing it via the web loging into my o2email account

any help welcome

thanks

ian
    11-22-08 03:37 PM
    Hi Ian and all -

Don't help I bet.
    But be aware there are loads of us hanging on your every move.

I can't believe that Storms are being sold on ebay at �600 unlocked, and all work on o2!!!

Other than what you are attempting - the Web is very quiet on this subject.

Some time soon - all those that bought an advertised unlocked Storm on Ebay, will be getting a rude awakening if they intend to use its full potential.

Expect to see a massive price drop if all the so called unwanted upgrades hit the market and don't work.

Me. Yeh I am one of them at the moment.

�460 smackers paid for a new dog and bone that is being delivered on Monday - and so far looks pretty much useless.

Keep up the good work

Martin
    11-22-08 05:32 PM
    Is that �460 unlocked ?
    11-22-08 05:36 PM
    No not unlocked -

�460 squids - at the time of purchase was good.
    I believed I could spend �20 on and unlock code and all would be well.

But as ever 24 hours later the average LOCKED VODAFONE price on ebay is Circa �400.

Still on ebay - unlocked phones are averaging �600 - what gives?

Martin
    11-22-08 05:42 PM
    Horizon Wireless is the place to go. As soon as any company can get them unlocked, Horizon Wireless will be the first.
    11-22-08 06:02 PM
    hi mate

it says

any help welcome

thanks

ian
    SO you can't get anywhere on the internet? It seems you need to set your apn settings.

go here and I think this page might help you
    Help

I'm from the US but I found this page but it should help, yeah its for the iphone but you should get the general idea:
    http:// service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str (Mobile),CASE=19041
    11-22-08 06:04 PM
    hi mate

it says

any help welcome

thanks

ian
    Like I've stated so many times O2 can put it on. Its just you've stated how you unlocked it to them and they can't be bothered to do it for you.
    11-22-08 06:47 PM
    One bottle of wine later - Sorry.....
    So unless I am very friendly with an o2 Operator - we are all doomed?
    Martin
    11-22-08 07:26 PM
    OT

I sell mine brand new at �430 if someone interested. Some photos follow.

I'm very disappointing with this "hard" lock... :-(
    Last edited by mck3nzi3; 11-23-08 at 02:55 AM.
    11-23-08 01:18 AM
    Hi Guys following the previous thread I contacted rebel sim only to hear that their sim can unlock all BB apart from Storm,I was just wondering what to do now,please advise

thanks

Nibbs
    11-23-08 01:51 AM
    Whats the conclusion Ian ?
    11-23-08 07:00 AM
    guys & (girls) if there are any here,

i have spoken to rebel sim a number of times this week and got in touch with their main technical guru by the name of Jazz...

after the simpig didnt work i thought i would try and get them to resolve the issue... anyway - they assure me that the rebel sim does work in the storm and i have ordered one yesterday - waiting for it to arrive either tomorrow or tuesday depending on the postman.

i am on orange - and as stated by previous members it should just be as easy and popping in the rebel sim and going to ur current network providers BIS and changing the device pin to that on the storm... simple.

i will report back tomorrow/tuesday latest.

if not - i have contacted unlockblackberry.com and requested an unlock code earlier this week - they assure me that the UK voda version can be unlocked... if all else fails Unlock Blackberry - How to unlock Blackberry these guys say they can unlock it on Dec 3rd.

what other options are there but to wait and see...
    11-23-08 07:09 AM
    Whats the conclusion Ian ?
    i agree with norman, they sent me the wrong rebel sim.

for blackberrys you need the "special edition version"

this is why im having problems with the data connection. once it arrives i will try what hazy says "doing it via the device"

mine will land tuesday.. i will report back then

thanks

Ian
    11-23-08 07:27 AM
    oh and asking O2 to add the device to their network...

they will only do it if the device that you want adding is either sim free or unlocked to all networks

if its locked to a network then they will ask you to contact the service provider.

thanks

ian
    11-23-08 07:31 AM
    Ok stop press! Breaking news!!
    I just got a call from rebelsim and they wanted to refund my order from yesterday as they have just finished programming a new sim just for the storm and have asked me to beta test it for them!
    I will have this new 'unique, one of its kind' sim Tuesday and report back to them and the gang on my findings.

Looks like I carry the hopes of the whole worlds! Well, sort of, lol
    11-23-08 12:25 PM
    yes you do and not only for the vodafone owners but also the verizon owners like me
    11-23-08 12:34 PM
    I have a corporate BT Mobile SIM.
    I just put it into my Vodafone Storm, and as the BT mobile network is ported through Vodafone anyway, it all just worked. No mods or pigsims. Voice, data, voicemail all fine. Been surfing the web with it. Surfed to the Vodafone Maps mobile site to download the maps function directly (which is crap by the way so I took it off and put Google Maps on it instead).
    Tomorrow I try out an enterprise activation on it and will report back. Its still branded at vodafone, but I'll change that as soon as
    cheers
    11-23-08 01:21 PM
    Ok stop press! Breaking news!!
    I just got a call from rebelsim and they wanted to refund my order from yesterday as they have just finished programming a new sim just for the storm and have asked me to beta test it for them!
    I will have this new 'unique, one of its kind' sim Tuesday and report back to them and the gang on my findings.

Looks like I carry the hopes of the whole worlds! Well, sort of, lol
    Good on yer - I will be taking delivery of the original BB rebelsim as I ordered it on Saturday. Looks like I will be looking for an upgrade.

What you are doing is very much appreciated.
    Thank You
    Martin
    11-23-08 03:58 PM
308 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD