lol ....... Talk about a cliff hanger ending ......... Come on mate does it work ?
    11-22-08 07:17 AM
    drum roll....
    11-22-08 07:21 AM
    yes its working great

just a couple of things i need to find out a solution for and they are

everytime you turn it off and on it goes through the complete boot up as if the battery has been pulled...

sorting that out now, its just a seeting so im told...

im now just checking my blackberry data that i ahve on O2... need to contact them as its controlled by pin and imei i think, its been a while...

everything else it working great...

back later

ian
    11-22-08 07:22 AM
    yes its working great

just a couple of things i need to find out a solution for and they are

everytime you turn it off and on it goes through the complete boot up as if the battery has been pulled...

sorting that out now, its just a seeting so im told...

im now just checking my blackberry data that i ahve on O2... need to contact them as its controlled by pin and imei i think, its been a while...

everything else it working great...

back later

ian
    Thats the most important bit Ian .......

EDIT : Second most important bit .
    11-22-08 07:51 AM
    ian, is it this one you purchased?
    New No Cut Rebel Sim card (No cutter required) �10.00
    11-22-08 07:57 AM
    I have a Vodafone Pay as you Go Sim Card in My Storm... No Problem.
    11-22-08 07:57 AM
    Actually, just spoke a bloke from rebel sim, and he confirmed that this solution would work for storm, but we need this product:
    Rebel Simcard Special Edition for Blackberry
    11-22-08 08:12 AM
    yes thats the one, but you might as well get the package for �25 including programmer for future updates..

Ian
    11-22-08 08:12 AM
    cant get through to o2 to change the detail over on my blackberry data account...

keep trying

Ian
    11-22-08 08:13 AM
    eureka!! or half a eurake - as ash said the main funtction of the blackberry is instant email!

good news so far chris - please report back on the email and web browser and if both are functioning properly.
    11-22-08 08:33 AM
    BAD NEWS...

cant use the 02 blackberry data on a vodafone UK locked storm...

just gone onto my o2email account and when i put the details in for the device change it reports back is not valid for service provider...

never mind,,, nearly

Ian
    11-22-08 09:08 AM
    Ian,

Have you de-registered the device from your Vodafone BIS account ? That needs to be done on the Voda side.

Then get O2 on the phone to add the storm onto your account ! They can do it.

Your almost there !
    11-22-08 09:12 AM
    oh the web browsing works on 3g fine

just the blackberry email, which is the main thing for me really...

bugger

ian
    11-22-08 09:12 AM
    Ash,

so for the stupid question but i have never registered this storm as i got it from a friend as an upgrade.

what do i need to do mate??

just a little closer...

Ian
    11-22-08 09:14 AM
    You just need to make sure its NEVER been used before for email on Vodafone. If it has then it may still be registered on the Vodafone network and can only be de-registered by the person who initially set it up.

Second, with registering it on to O2, there maybe problems doing it via the Web site, but it can be done by the O2 technical guys.

p.s. I've been doing a few experiments, So I know they can add it.
    11-22-08 09:17 AM
    just been onto o2 they wont do it i have to contact vodafone, because its locked to them

any idea's

Ian
    11-22-08 09:27 AM
    I take delivery of a Vodafone Locked Storm on Monday.
    The intent is to use it on my existing 02 service in place of my Bold.

At the moment I can log into my o2 service and register any one of my three Blackberrys to work.

With my new Storm -
    I need to get to a position of either purchasing an unlock code
    OR
    Rebelsim - Ablesim

Looking at the threads before this post of mine - it is not clear if anything has actualy been done to enable a locked Storm Vodaphone to work on o2; other than just trying it out of the box.

Has it been tried with a rebelsim or unlock code
    If either of above - has an attempt been made to log it onto the o2 Network

I am more than happy to help with any of these experiments from Monday if it would help.

Martin

Regards
    11-22-08 09:36 AM
    Hi Chris

You mention that you have to contact Vodafone because it is locked to them.

I am now very concerned:-
    I have purchased a brand new Storm from a friend who got it as an upgrade.
    It has never been registerd by a user.

Are you indicating that your phone has already been registered by a n other?
    Therefore needs de-registering prior to logging it with o2

I would hate to get to a position of unlocking my phone - and still not being able to register with o2.

Martin
    11-22-08 09:44 AM
    Martin,
    From the above posts this is my understanding: The rebel sim appears to be the solution to unlock the Blackberry Storm. (A few more people to confirm this would be good), meaning that you can use a different sim card in the phone, other than the Vodafone.
    Ian has been experimenting using his 02 sim card which works, but his 02 blackberry data plan doesnt. However, if you only would like to use the blackberry as a phone, and browsing, then the rebel sim would be enough ie. there would be no need to de-register anything.
    If Ash or Ian would also like to comment that would be helpful chaps.
    11-22-08 09:59 AM
    Normally when you try to set up email from the network webpage and receive the error message 'this device is registered with another service provider' the solution is to set up from the email settings Icon on the device.

Try going to options > advanced options > host routing table >menu > register now. If you receive the blackberry registration message then you should hopefully be registered to the o2 network and can then try the email set up again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 10:07 AM
    just been onto o2 they wont do it i have to contact vodafone, because its locked to them

any idea's

Ian

Tell O2 that the device has been unlocked by Voda and then get them to add it to your account. If they say that its been associated with a Vodafone BIS / BES email solution, then get your friend to un-associate it.

There is no reason why O2 can't do it.
    11-22-08 10:10 AM
    Thanks Chris -

Its still not clear if a Rebelsim has been used (or am I missing something).

Assuming I get a Rebelsim or have it unlocked via purchased code - and I get to a position of using the phone for calls and data-

Why would I not be able to register and use my o2 Blackberry email push service as I do with my other phones. (Assuming my Storm had never been registered by the original owner). Surely I would just enter the usual IMEI code into my o2 web service and send the service books...........or is all that to easy to hope for :-)

Martin
    11-22-08 10:10 AM
    Thanks Chris -

Its still not clear if a Rebelsim has been used (or am I missing something).

Assuming I get a Rebelsim or have it unlocked via purchased code - and I get to a position of using the phone for calls and data-

Why would I not be able to register and use my o2 Blackberry email push service as I do with my other phones. (Assuming my Storm had never been registered by the original owner). Surely I would just enter the usual IMEI code into my o2 web service and send the service books...........or is all that to easy to hope for :-)

Martin
    Mate .... This is what Ian's trying to do. I suggest giving him a bit of room and seeing if it works.
    11-22-08 10:12 AM
    Thanks - I am beeing a little impatient - sorry.

What's worrying me is if the phone can't be associated with o2; even if the phone has never ever been registered with Vodafone.

I can understand if the phone had been registered with Vodafone and needs un-associationg.

But to have it unlocked - never had it associated/registered - and then can't associate with o2 - then that's scary.

Keep at it guys - it is very much appreciated.

And apologies again for being a little to eager - I would like to help if you so desire.

Martin
    11-22-08 10:20 AM
    guys,

everything i have done is with a rebel sim...

im going to try doing it via a device. spoke to O2 3 times today and they wont have anything to do with it.

from what i have been able to find out every storm that vodafone has sent out they have already been registered by vodafone for their network and the blackberry service....

the person i got it from handed me a sealed box, i drove him to collect it. i was the first person to handle it and try the rebelsim on the storm i have here.

i will try to register it via the device like someone suggested on page 8...

back soon

Ian
    11-22-08 10:52 AM
308 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD