Hey Xpresso

How did u get it unlocked by VF,did they provided u code,any charges for it,

Thanks for your help
    11-28-08 02:56 PM
    No nibbs

bought it on e-bay locked .. brought it to one of them unlocking shops cost me �30

think we are all going to have trouble getting the web browser to work
    11-28-08 03:21 PM
    web browser should work once unlocked...

do you have a browser button on your menu?

Ian
    11-28-08 03:23 PM
    web browser should work once unlocked...

do you have a browser button on your menu?

Ian
    No have no browser button and no App button

tried installing browser from desktop manager its on phone in application list
    so is BB maps . don't you think i have to get service packs to activate them ??
    11-28-08 03:49 PM
    Hi all -

Phone unlocked fully by DM3 agent.
    Works with my 02 provider including all usual email services.
    NO Maps work; neither does any GPS at all (I have tried all suggestions on this site).
    MMS is a nightmare - will not send pictures to other phones other than a download link (yes tried smaller pic sizes etc) Can't be bothered to spend time.
    Phone is heavy
    Profile setups reduced by by 50%
    No Standby option
    Phone comes on in pocket without sleeve
    Keyboard is a good start - but orientation and useability is 500% slower than my Bold.

I really wanted this phone to be the best - thats why I became such a pain in this forum - Sorry - But it just aint for me.

Martin

Overall -
    I am so peed off - its an understatement.
    Back to my Bold and Curve
    Happy bidding on ebay for anyone that finds my username (no advertising on this site)
    11-28-08 04:51 PM
    Hey All

I have had my storm for under a week and finally had it DM3 unlocked. I just can't get with the phone and wanted to know if anyone would be interested in taking it off my hands. Original screen cover still in place.

PM me!
    11-28-08 05:15 PM
    Right ladies and gents,

sorry for the brief absence - but i have been busy buying, unlocking, using fully (email, brower, calls and text) and then selling my blackberry storm!

i bought my storm on wednesday this week... got it unlocked on thursday tried using it the whole day in the same way i do my current pearl 8120.

truth be told - i really really wanted this touch screen phone to work wonders for blackberry but unfortunately have found that the this innovation on a blackberry just complicates the whole process and purpose for which RIM are reknowned.

i found the storm to clumsy, too slow (processing commands and typing) and all together too complicated.

the touch screen and absence of a roller ball/track ball makes the whole experience of making quick calls, texts, forwarding emails a chore!!

i must honestly say that the touch screen keyboard although very cool and gorgeous to look at slowed me down atleast 50%. the fact that the screen has to be pressed down to initiate a command and every single key press puts the brakes on any one who wants to type as fast as they can on a standard keyboard/ qwerty keypad. Many a time i found my fingers were moving so fast (with years of practise on the pearl and bold) that there was really not enough time for the screen to come back up to register the next key press.

i receive over a 150 text & email messages a day and each has to replied to. Thus i would classify myself as a 'power user' - the browser is also a little annoying as a double tap zooms u into the screen but then 'what if u dont want to be that close?' u cannot justify the level (%) of zoom... again annoying.

using the storm for 1 day reminded me of why years ago i ditched the old windows mobile devices for the 7100t.

i could go on but feel i will break a lot of peoples hopes and expectations - sorry...i returned my bold 9000 in anticipation of the storm - but am going to get 1 first thing tomorrow... i see it as a far superior device, spec and function capability wise.

on a separate note... Ash, rebelsim didnt call me and seems they cannot resolve the unlock issue on the phone, IanC must have been a miracle 1 off - DM3 are the only company in the UK who can unlock the storm fully, guaranteed.

Do not go to web/wireless based solutions as they will never be able to unlock the phone - voda has left no back doors open for them this time it seems. Take the phone and usb cable down just in case.

regards,

N
    11-28-08 05:38 PM
    Mr Begg -
    You put into words what I put into heavy metal.

I am so gutted that the model did not meet my expectations - and I mean truly gutted. Unlocking and taxi trips to get it sorted cost me �100.

And, I was prepared to lose some fucntionality. Credit to DM3-Unlockers, it worked.

No GPS
    No Standby
    Reduction in Profile customation by (95%)
    Quite heavy

I mean - what it did, worked well.
    What it did not do is go forward - in fact less features than my Curve.
    LOVE my Bold (hate that it aint got Java GGGrrr) but overall

Storm - is a shower.

Its on ebay tonight for a quick 24 hour sale.....

Martin
    11-28-08 05:56 PM
    Just to let you know that I have just listed my DM3 Unlocked Blackberry Storm on ebay if anyone is interested. Ebay item 300277084695.
    11-29-08 03:47 AM
    Hi Guys,

My browser is working fine, it even has all my bookmarks etc from my bold as i used the blackberry desktop manager to transfer all data from one device to the other.

Also, i have found the blackberry maps in the applications folder, tested it with gps and all works fine. Found my location in seconds.

Also, i havent had any of the problems that Martin has mentioned. I understand that the phone may be heavy, but if you compare it to the Bold or even the Iphone, its smaller and lighter.

I have no problems using the standby option, none of my profile setups have been reduced by 50%, and i have my storm password protected so it doesnt come on when in my pocket.

And Ian, I got met a guy from this post called James ([email protected]). I was a bit wary at first handing over my phone to a stranger because he doesnt have a shop. But he met me in North London to pick the phone up and met me again 2 hours later with my Storm unlocked. �35 and i didnt have to go to any backstreets at 10pm, lol.

I am quite a heavy user too but im going to give my Storm a little bit longer before i trade it in. I think it could grow on me.

Andrew
    11-29-08 10:50 AM
    i have to agree with alot you have said (norman).... i to im a power user and have to admit its taking me far to long to go through my emails that i get on a dailut basis approx 200 a day.

rebelsim ae ****, sorry i dotn swear often but when a company clear states something work and when clearly it doesnt they must know this and are in fact lying to everyone.

norman metioned mine was i maricle, its must have been from the photo i posted clearly shows "o2-uk - rebelsim"

please no one waste your money on rebelsim, they are a con... yes they have a sort of unlock for the iphone but for blackberry they are a mile away...

as for DM3UNLOCK, they are able to unlock the storms 100%, everyone else is only unlocking part of the phone, as the sim in the menu still shows active, mine shows disabled. a clear sign of it being properly unlocked.

this is the end of the road for me i found a full unlock solution, which is all i set out to do...

good see you all around the forums its been alot of fun and exciting at times...

now im off for a bit of war waging with rebelsim.... oh the funs just begining..

thanks
    Ian
    11-29-08 01:45 PM
    Ian,

I thought that you had your phone unlocked from elsewhere and you wouldn't be picking a fight with RebelSim. What happened ?

Noman,

Yes, The support from RebelSim isn't too good (I'm in a relaxed mood ;-), and I agree if your such a heavy user than the bold is the device for you.

I'm most likely going to get mine unlocked tomorrow and hopefully get it working on T-Mobile UK. If anyone's got any further words of wisdom then please let me know as it appears the device seems to work easier on providers like O2 opposed to T-Mobile.
    11-29-08 04:53 PM
    Hi Guys -

In closing my dealings on this particular thread.

The phone was DM3 unlocked
    It came back without the Vodafone Icon - therefore could not setup Find & Go Navigator - despite loading again from the CD. It just weren't there. Hence GPS useless as Google Maps Don't work on this model yet. The only way to sign up to Find & Go is from the phone - even with a Vodafone SIM installed - no joy. Navigation therefore is dead on this phone using GPS fully.

No standby mode is a big omision - this really is a sin for me - I don't do cases - I RX over 300 texts a day and that's not including email.

Battery power is a joke - recharging every hour is a must

The Profiles setup has been severely reduced. Can't setup how many vibrates etc for calls - vs emails vs texts.

Like I say - really wanted this to work - the whole experience including the naff touch screen is a no go, for me.

Made me realise what a superb phone the BOLD is, if only it could handle Flash.

So - Just sold my Storm for �545. Gonna keep my BOLD (love it) and run it in parallel with the Sony Ericsson C905 I have just purchased.

Thinking about it - my Curve is also a fantastic phone - light - responsive - GPS. This STORM locked to Vodafone is a real backword step - in my opinion.

Martin
    11-29-08 05:56 PM
    Ian,

I thought that you had your phone unlocked from elsewhere and you wouldn't be picking a fight with RebelSim. What happened ?

Noman,

Yes, The support from RebelSim isn't too good (I'm in a relaxed mood ;-), and I agree if your such a heavy user than the bold is the device for you.

I'm most likely going to get mine unlocked tomorrow and hopefully get it working on T-Mobile UK. If anyone's got any further words of wisdom then please let me know as it appears the device seems to work easier on providers like O2 opposed to T-Mobile.

yes mate i had my storm unlocked like i said from smart fones in manchester which turns out they use the DM3UNLOCK.

my problem with rebelsim im annoyed they claim to have an umlock solution fot the storm, they dont... they just lie that they have. that really annoys me and i have other reasons to follow this up, but i wont go into here...

thanks

ian
    11-29-08 06:45 PM
    Hi Guys -

In closing my dealings on this particular thread.

The phone was DM3 unlocked
    It came back without the Vodafone Icon - therefore could not setup Find & Go Navigator - despite loading again from the CD. It just weren't there. Hence GPS useless as Google Maps Don't work on this model yet. The only way to sign up to Find & Go is from the phone - even with a Vodafone SIM installed - no joy. Navigation therefore is dead on this phone using GPS fully.

No standby mode is a big omision - this really is a sin for me - I don't do cases - I RX over 300 texts a day and that's not including email.

Battery power is a joke - recharging every hour is a must

The Profiles setup has been severely reduced. Can't setup how many vibrates etc for calls - vs emails vs texts.

Like I say - really wanted this to work - the whole experience including the naff touch screen is a no go, for me.

Made me realise what a superb phone the BOLD is, if only it could handle Flash.

So - Just sold my Storm for �545. Gonna keep my BOLD (love it) and run it in parallel with the Sony Ericsson C905 I have just purchased.

Thinking about it - my Curve is also a fantastic phone - light - responsive - GPS. This STORM locked to Vodafone is a real backword step - in my opinion.

Martin
    martin,

i have google maps working great, i downloaded it from a link i got and its for the storm 9500... works great...

i will find the link and let you know

thanks

Ian
    11-29-08 06:49 PM
    Guys im getting really worried.
    Im planning on getting my storm unlocked by DM3 unlock, at one of there Birmingham service points, tommorrow. Will it not fully unlock the phone.
    • What is with the profile deduction
      What does sim disabled mean
      Will GPS Work

Also i currently have a bold on Orange, and have decided i will use my orange sim in my storm, do i just put the orange sim in and it will work. Email and everything, or will i have to do anything else to it.

Argh im getting worried i really want this phone, but i dont want the risk of it not working 100%
    11-29-08 06:58 PM
    you will be fine if they are using the DM3 to unlock it..

Ian
    11-29-08 08:44 PM
    u will have to set up the email directly from the phone, i am on orange also.
    the BIS (blackberry.orange) account will not sync up with the phone pin if u do it over the net.

u need to go to the same site on the phone and create new email addresses for the device once u have unlocked and put your orange sim in.

another note to all - do not put in your vodafone sim (if u have one) before unlocking the device as this will register the device solely to vodafone and u will be lumbered with a brick...unlockable (or so i was told)
    11-30-08 07:38 AM
    Dear All,

I have set a separate thread to get people views / poll on how a network unlocked Storm is getting on on other UK networks. You can find it here :

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/uk-...tworks-105960/

I'm having problems with data on T-Mobile UK and I'm sick to death of it, as I had a load of problems with getting the BOLD running on TM UK.

Would love to hear how everyone is getting on and possibly whats the next best network provider to jump on.

Thanks

Ash.
    11-30-08 05:08 PM
    Guys, I think this thread is coming to an end but would appreicate some help before we all disappear.

My Storm is unlocked via DM3Unlock as you may know. Have put my Curve O2 sim and memory card into the Storm and phone and browser seems fine. I have O2 and 3G in capitals (sometimes it says EDGE) but i don't have any e-mails.

I've clicked on E-Mail Settings and saw the "Would you like to switch to the device with PIN xxx" and selected Yes (with a great deal of difficulty as everything they say about problems clicking items on the edge of the Storm screen is true).

Now, I don't need to set up a personal e-mail address as I only use this for corporate e-mails. I don't particularly want to go to my IT guys as they will tell me it's impossible to set up this phone because today is a Monday and his granny is sick - besides, it's the wrong colour and black phones won't work on our system.

As I have taken out a working SIM from a Curve and put it in the Storm with most functions seeming to be OK, I wonder if I am just missing a set-up feature somewhere to get my e-mails flowing.

Any help much appreicated.

Best regards,

Martin

Shield_London
    12-01-08 04:06 AM
    Well I didn't get a reply to my previous requests for help activating BES but I got it going in the end. Had all the problems referred to in other threads about activation hanging, etc. but a battery pull worked for me - others have not been so fortunate.

So, using the Storm?

It's cr@p.

Let's face it, it's is practically impossible to use as a buisness tool. The keyboard is hopeless and as for trying to select things on the screen! How I haven't launched this thing across the room I just don't know.

Totally ill thought out and impractical toy. What a waste.

Thanks to others for their help on this thread.

Cheers,

Martin

Shield_London
    12-02-08 04:31 AM
    Hey guys. After failing with the SimPig wich has found use in another phone my friend has, i bring excellent news got my unlocking code from deblocage-blackberry google it. Only took two days to arive. the only features lost was blackberry maps fixed by re installing (became hiden somehow) and voda find and go only works with my voda sim in, no Biggy.

here's the best bit went to email setup, logged in with my orange username and password went to service books and it came up with an unexpected message.

"It appears you have a new device ""PIN ********"" would you like to sset this as your default over ""PIN *******""?"

yes of course!

Guess what... Full swap now have my existing orange blackberry email on my voda device, no need to de register fully working getting spam already!
    If anyone has question feel free to pin message me on 20C9776E

Big thankyou to deblocage well worth the �29 /$50
    12-02-08 04:58 AM
    All,

Before this thread officially goes away, I thought I should update you with the status of remote code unlock. Like the previous post, I too have received a remote unlock code which worked.

I have been lurking on the forum for some time now, but had not felt the need to register until November, when I acquired a locked Vodafone Storm via eBay and was actively looking for an unlock solution. The assistance found on this thread was most valuable - thank you.

Back to what I was saying. I ordered a software unlock by remote code from GSMphonesource. I do not have any interestes in this website save that I had used this service several times in the past and had got my 7100, 8800 and Curve unlocked without trouble. I had observed various threads on the internet about the operator's lack of communication and other traits, but he had not yet let me down, so I went to him again this time.

The order was placed on 24 November, and last night, I received my unlock code. I input the code and my UK Vodafone locked Storm is now fully unlocked. I am not on BIS but BES is working well without incident. I used the Transfer Device function on the BB Desktop software. Enterprise Activation was 98% at one stage, then dropped back to 63%, and is now stuck at initialising Timezones. I will check out the other thread about activation to see if I can find a solution.

BB Maps and Google Maps all work and we able to find my location within a few minutes. There is a lost of Vodafone specific items like Vodafone Music - the program says there is a missing service book. The Vodafone WAP icon points to my provider's WAP home page, but since WAP is disallowed pursuant to my office's IT policy, that icon went away after I activated the Storm on the BES.

I suspect remote unlock codes are beginning to find their way into the database so the DM3 solution is probably no longer unique.

I will now try to use my Storm as much as I can over the next few days and see if I should be happy to stick with it, or move back to my BOLD.

Good luck and happy Storming!
    12-02-08 08:38 AM
    hi! i need help! i unlocked my storm today via imei unlock code. it is now working on O2, i can call and text, but i cant go onto the internet, the error messege says " unable to connect to the internet, please try again later" but i did go on the internet when i just unlocked the phone, then 1 hour later i keep getting this messege and i cant do anything at all. can anyone help me with this? pleaseee.
    12-08-08 01:07 PM
    You may have temporarily lost your connection. What is your signal in the top right hand corner? grps, edge,3g. GPRS,EDGE, or 3G with the BB logo??

You have a Blackberry Bolt on from o2?

PS. I replied to your email.
    Last edited by Hazysky; 12-08-08 at 01:35 PM.
    12-08-08 01:15 PM
308 ... 10111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD