I'll be moving it to orange. Who asure me it will work fine on their network.
    11-20-08 04:43 PM
    Sorry don't follow you ?
    Have you got the storm working on another network with a simpig ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 04:46 PM
    I'll be moving it to orange. Who asure me it will work fine on their network.
    Here we have someone believing Orange customer services ...... Dangerous in my opinion.

p.s. What are you on about my friend ?
    11-20-08 04:55 PM
    I have been an orange customer for a number of years now. After a very long relationship with t-mobile - just got down right fed up with their pathetic customer services, and lack of 24 hour support.

i must say i was very very tempted to sway away from orange to vodafone when they announced the storm... only thing is i'm getting a blinded deal at the moment - 1200mins, unlimited texts internet and bb email for �28/month!!

that made me stay put for now - i must say i have on the whole been very pleased with orange and therefore am willing to put out a bit of cash for the storm offline (if all proves well)...

who did u order ur unlock code off Ash?
    11-20-08 05:34 PM
    Thanks Guys (&/or girls) for all your hard work so far.....

Worst case is I just don't get a Storm .....or move closer to a Vodafone mast
    Move to the mast!
    11-20-08 05:44 PM
    chaps,

you need to try a rebelsim

rebelsim, google it i cant post the url here just yet..

They are based in rochdale, lancashire UK.

i have been told they work in the UK version of the storm.

the rebelsim is updateable, and i will have one on saturday or monday at the latest just depending on royal mail.

i have used one of these before in the early days of the 3g iphone and it worked like a charm...

i will post here as soon as it lands...

Thanks
    Ian
    11-20-08 05:48 PM
    ok guys and galls heres the crack. When i get my pig, some time today depending on the postman, i will be testing it with orange, tmobile and O2. My prefered network is orange as i've a business acount with them.
    Having spoken to their blackberry support team, i have assesed there should be no reason why the storm wont work, just needs to have the correct service books sent through.
    Now orange say the books are generic i'e the same for each handset, so theory goes when i call them request the books and restart email, internet, EVERYTHING will work as per norm with exception to voda music.
    I will post as soon as i have results, in the mean time keep ur trotters crossed for the pig!
    11-20-08 06:14 PM
    Keep us posted!!!!
    11-21-08 01:01 AM
    so I'm told that Canada the HOME of Blackberry ( Rim) we are the LAST to get 3g blackberries so that makes me consider an unlocked one .. I'm not interested in evdo+ without a sim that will be availalbe from Telus

I will be watching these posts to see any sucesses

Bill Intranetsites
    Last edited by Intranetsites.com; 11-21-08 at 01:24 AM.
    11-21-08 01:21 AM
    Thanks for the updates, the rebelsm looks interesting...not sure about cutting my existing simcard though...but after looking at site you also get a non cut card.
    11-21-08 04:41 AM
    I am still waiting to hear if someone was able to unlock the Vodafone's Storm.
    I have contacted this morning the support of Geosim about a Sim Pig.
    Beside the fact I got from them an outstanding service (they answered my mail in a very professional way in a few minutes at a very early hour) they said they have not tested it yet with the Vodafone Storm but they are going to test it during this weekend.I'll talk with them again on Monday but if someone bought it he can share with us the result.
    There are several companies offering unlock services (including Blackberry) but I am not aware of one confirming they can unlock the Vodafone Storm. I contacted a couple of them and they said they can't.
    11-21-08 06:20 AM
    I have a feeling that Vodafone & RIM have such a tight contract that the codes may never be available.
    11-21-08 06:30 AM
    somebody told me the Storm is not going to be available with other providers. Only Vodaafone and Vodafone connected companies, like Verizon.
    In Italy locked phones are forbidden by law so the Storm will be unlocked there when available,probably mid next month
    11-21-08 06:44 AM
    Right SIMPIG has arrived - have cut my orange sim card - run through all the procedures and instructions.....and......it doesnt work!!! - YET!!

i have contaced geosim and asked for one of their advisers to call me back to run through the procedure and see how things go....

will report back asap- sorry for the brief spanner in the works...

finger crossed...
    11-21-08 09:18 AM
    Unfortuantly i've hit the same snag.
    There are a couple of things to try first though so not all it lost.
    Someone else is trying the older simpig varient,which may present a valid option.
    As always i'll keep you posted!
    11-21-08 09:36 AM
    sign fingers crossed, i really hope this is a posible answer. Isnt there like a blackberry hacker/developer community who may have interest in making a crack similar to the XDA developers for winMo and the Iphone Hacker teams? Are we all at RIM/VERIZON/VODAPHONES mercy?
    11-21-08 10:18 AM
    We could well be....I got an e-mail today from a website that said they would be stocking sim free Storms, they confirmed they would get them in late Dec / Early Jan, I asked if they were unlocked but was told they are Vodaphone locked.

So looks like its either change carrier or stick with what you have, I do like my Bold but really wanted a Storm...may go for Javelin instead & give my Bold to my G/F.
    11-21-08 10:35 AM
    posted something but never mind...i found it.
    Last edited by CGSCOT; 11-21-08 at 11:26 AM.
    11-21-08 11:20 AM
    anyone else had any luck???

my rebelsim will be here tomorrow to check with new firmware loaded...

we will see???

Ianc
    11-21-08 02:36 PM
    the guys are simpig said i have to look in the stk or sdk and change the sim modes?.... any1 got any idea how to do this - if so let me know and i can check it out.
    11-21-08 04:04 PM
    Hey guys. I won an auction on this vodaphone 9500 and planning to use it on T-mobile US network then I read this thread.. ouchh..
    So is it true that the phone is unlockable? I have found a couple website that say they could unlock the UK Vodafone Storms. Can any of you who have tried these websites on their storm confirm? The websites are unlockcodes.net and globalunlock.com
    11-21-08 04:31 PM
    May be possible look at these 2 threads dont loose faith yet
    http:// forums .crackberry.com/f86/unlock-storm-99167/
    http:// forums .crackberry.com/f86/confirmed-9530-unlocked-running-att-99220/

oh i need 10 posts
    11-21-08 04:54 PM
    IanC seems to be the only one we can get a definite answer from - i have tried contacting and speaking to the simpig guys - they seem to think we're all expert blackberry developers (asking us to try things that are WAAAY front end - sdk settings re-programming etc)

the guys at rebelsim seem more switched on and although they dont have telephone support on the weekends, they have a live support chat interface on their website and seem more professional/helpful.

sorry could find the fix through simpig - sending it back today and may well purchase rebelsim after IanC tells us all how wonderfully it works....hopefully.
    11-22-08 02:33 AM
    that should read - could not find the fix...
    11-22-08 02:33 AM
    right guys.

just got the rebel sim. and guess what it works

check out screen shot... got a bit more testing to do.

back in a bit
    Ian
    11-22-08 06:09 AM
308 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD