vodafone are now screening storm post's on there forum, so they can choose which ones they show. I got this after i tried to leave a comment on battery life
    05-24-09 04:53 PM
    perhaps your language used flagged it not just the fact that you were commenting on the storm?
    05-24-09 05:23 PM
    perhaps your language used flagged it not just the fact that you were commenting on the storm?
    nope, no bad language
    05-24-09 05:24 PM
    They always did that. I had a few post removed because I was telling them some truths that they didn't want to hear. No bad language by the way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 05:36 PM
    user error...
    05-24-09 05:38 PM
    head in the sand comes to mind!
    05-24-09 05:38 PM
    user error...
    certainly was...
    05-24-09 05:42 PM
    user error...
    ?????
    please elaborate??
    05-24-09 05:48 PM
    it was a joke.

when troubleshooting issues, i always shout out "user error" first after they describe the issue, indicating that there is no problem, and that any problems exist between the chair and keyboard (PEB CAK)

the previous posts seem to make sense, but i hate nazi forums, so i avoid them like the plague.
    05-24-09 05:52 PM
    lol, Nazis.

You gota admit... CB does give their users some free reign when it comes to posting stuff. I love our freedom of speech we get here. I honestly believe that a lot of THIS communitie's threads/posts have pushed RIM and VZW to change their ways... i.e. opening up GPS and now finally bringing WIFI BBs to market. I've always believe that power is in numbers and nothing rings louder then a bunch of people shouting the direction something should go. Now if we could only get people to do the same about the government and corporate America.... we might actually be able to get this country back under "People Control" instead of just "Rich People Control".
    05-24-09 06:35 PM
    Agreed

Char

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 06:44 PM
    It does not suprise me that a vendor would screen their blogs. any vendor/ carrier forum is going to be more propaganda then actual fact. of course they will keep all the positive posts up and there for people to read, but do you think they want people to read negative comments about their own products on their website? OFCOURSE not..... Thats what places like the forums at Crackberry.com are for.
    05-24-09 06:50 PM
    lol, Nazis.

You gota admit... CB does give their users some free reign when it comes to posting stuff. I love our freedom of speech we get here. I honestly believe that a lot of THIS communitie's threads/posts have pushed RIM and VZW to change their ways... i.e. opening up GPS and now finally bringing WIFI BBs to market. I've always believe that power is in numbers and nothing rings louder then a bunch of people shouting the direction something should go. Now if we could only get people to do the same about the government and corporate America.... we might actually be able to get this country back under "People Control" instead of just "Rich People Control".
    i think a lot of the GPS and WI-FI wasn't as much "business" restriction, as much as "hardware/software" restriction. it might have started as a money issue, but when they actually tried and tested, etc...maybe they didn't like the results?

but i think forums do more good for a community standpoint vs. a feedback database...your "bugs" tread alone is proof that maybe a handful of people can contribute out of how many posts? chances are that there is some rep or employee for the carrier/manufacturer of any given device that has thought of whatever we're coming up with/finding, and we just don't know it.

but the community support is one amazing tool. i couldn't begin to consider how many times a user comes on here and resolves their issue in an hour or two vs. calling tech support 3 times, 50 mins each time...and issue still unresolved.
    05-24-09 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD