I was wondering if there is any sort of vocal caller ID available for the Storm?

Something that will say who is calling per their caller ID (like my friend's cheapy $20 cell phone can do!!)

I searched and found a workaround where you record the person's name and use that as a custom ringtone for that person.

Bu tI have a ton of contacts and it would take me forever. Plus, it wouldn't work on caller ID people who AREN'T in my contact list.

Thanks all...
    06-11-09 10:35 AM
    I was wondering if there is any sort of vocal caller ID available for the Storm?

Something that will say who is calling per their caller ID (like my friend's cheapy $20 cell phone can do!!)

I searched and found a workaround where you record the person's name and use that as a custom ringtone for that person.

Bu tI have a ton of contacts and it would take me forever. Plus, it wouldn't work on caller ID people who AREN'T in my contact list.

Thanks all...
    you really need text to speech to order to do this and the BB OS doesnt have text to speech built in.
    06-11-09 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD