I have it installed and when i tried to send a text message it brings up the message just fine. The issue is when i hold the key to say the body of the message it just crashes and reboots. Is this typical?

I know it's not the storm version but has anyone successfully added text to the message?
    01-01-09 09:50 PM
    You need to be running OS 4.7.0.75. Lie to the downloader guy and download and install Vlingo 4.6. You must get through the setup - look for lots of comments on this. I say this will become THE BIG DEAL for Storm. I have it installed as my right convenient key. Using Copy and Paste with Vlingo, I can edit new and/or existing MemoPad files. How cool is that !

Vlingo has not been optimized for Storm, so you CAN lock your Storm up. For example, try "Start Media." (He doesn't know about Media - just do a battery pull.)

Doctor Neutron
    01-01-09 11:41 PM
    By "you need to be running .75", are you saying that there are more issues with .85? I love this app and with limited use and shorter emails, crashes have been minimal. I might even stick with .75 if .85 will give me more problems with Vlingo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 01:18 AM
    I followed tips in this thread. I'm running 85 and it works like a charm. I have the vlingo site on my favorites. I have been waiting for a realease for the Storm. I guess all I had to do was read more CrackBerry. Thank you so much. every thread I read is answered by one of you instantly. I hope you guys get paid well.
    01-02-09 06:27 AM
    I tried again with .85. is working like a champ!!!

can't wait fro BB messenger support
    01-02-09 01:02 PM
    thanks luke... it downloaded fine, but as i was going through set up, i set up the conv. key and when i tried to use it... it says "cant record, please try again" a few times, until the phone froze. i had to do a battery pull. Somethings not right.
    Yeah I had the same problem last night when I tried to do this as well. Not sure how people fixed this or got around this or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    01-02-09 01:21 PM
    Yeah I had the same problem last night when I tried to do this as well. Not sure how people fixed this or got around this or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    It's mentioned somewhere in a previous thread, but you need to set your permissions to allow everything for Vlingo. That should take care of it.

Edit: I was right. Check here.
    01-02-09 01:27 PM
    I'm running .85

Not only did it get stuck on step 4 but it also locked up the LED to red......
    01-05-09 07:16 AM
    Anyone....Bueler
    01-05-09 07:50 AM
    I'm running .85

Not only did it get stuck on step 4 but it also locked up the LED to red......
    same here... it lasted about 3 minutes on my Storm before I deleted it... oh well
    01-08-09 05:58 PM
    my friend has a storm and he loves vlingo - : BUT for me - when im holding it makes a sound flashes recording on the screen and then gives the error message.....still trying
    01-08-09 10:50 PM
    my friend has a storm and he loves vlingo - : BUT for me - when im holding it makes a sound flashes recording on the screen and then gives the error message.....still trying
    Keep searching CB dot com. Mainly, need to get ALL the way through SETUP, a major part of which is Options/Advanced Options/Applications...just touch/highlite vlingo; BB button ...edit permissions...Connections, Interactions, and User Data must be marked ALLOW. Do not enable compatibility mode. Good Luck !

Doctor Neutron
    01-09-09 12:33 PM
    I put it on my storm using 4.6 or higher and it frooze my phone at first, 2nd it worked fine except it kept putting the multi-tap keyboard up which was a bit annoying but livable then today it messed up my phone it kept the keyboard open on my home screen and then started messing up my camera and other apps so i removed it and now my phone is working fine, i'd suggest waiting until they came out with a version for the storm! although it did help with text messages for a few days!
    02-13-09 01:33 AM
    Agreed. Vlingo was working great and then started locking up my phone every time I used it. Uninstalled and I'm back to normal. I'll wait for a Storm version.

I put it on my storm using 4.6 or higher and it frooze my phone at first, 2nd it worked fine except it kept putting the multi-tap keyboard up which was a bit annoying but livable then today it messed up my phone it kept the keyboard open on my home screen and then started messing up my camera and other apps so i removed it and now my phone is working fine, i'd suggest waiting until they came out with a version for the storm! although it did help with text messages for a few days!
    02-13-09 01:40 AM
    I D/L'ed Vlingo today, and there is an option for Blackberry OS4.7 now too. Seems to work well on My Storm (4.7.0.99) without having to turn off the voice dial and all the other adapations previously listed. Other than it seems to always leave the keyboard up, and has a hard time understanding me...kind of like my wife... I havn't found any real issues yet
    02-14-09 01:48 PM
    where did you see it for OS 4.7
    Is that the one for the Bold
    I'd really like to download but don't want any additional problems
    02-14-09 02:07 PM
    where did you see it for OS 4.7
    Is that the one for the Bold
    I'd really like to download but don't want any additional problems
    If you go to their website and fill out the form for them to send the link to d/l the program
    It is listed as one of the selections. The Storm I'd not specifically named...but who else is using 4.7?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Falling; 02-14-09 at 03:02 PM. Reason: added picture, no picture, no proof right??
    02-14-09 02:56 PM
    There is a newer version of vlingo out - 2.1.0 - and it is better. I have been running vlingo for almost 3 months and I upgraded to this newer version. I use only 4.7.0.75. This newer version has Twitter and Facebook support - big whup - but eventually great for the younger crowd. (Come on, Vlingo has got to pay some bills!) I use it exclusively for voice dialing now - definitely better than stock Voice Dialing. It has a marginally improved command syntax. It no longer crashes on Open Music or Open Media - it just stupidly looks on the Internet one more time. If it can open somethings, why, oh why can it not close them !? I still believe its potential is vast. I think Vlingo management is tripping all over itself trying to figure out the very best way to make some money for all their hard work. KYBD not an issue for me, since my lefty IS my virtual KYBD (and my righty remains vlingo).

This app is already a close second to WSJ for me. My wish: RIM either picks them up or does some really big deal with them - YEAH ! Here is another: sympatico between File Manager Pro and Vlingo ! YEAH !

What about: "Play - Beatles - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds!" or "Play - Pink Floyd - Shine on You Crazy Diamond!" you all get the really BIG PICTURE here yet ? The sky is the limit for this app !

Doctor Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 02-14-09 at 04:56 PM.
    02-14-09 04:39 PM
    Still not perfectly optimized for Storm yet.
    02-14-09 09:50 PM
    My wish list is short:

support access thru Bluetooth button (like native Voice Dialing) and (of course) actual bt support ;-)

It's a PITA to hold down a convenience button when the phone is in it's dash mount (or holster)
    02-14-09 10:05 PM
    Sorry for my stupidity but what is vlingo ?
    02-14-09 10:55 PM
    Vlingo, not to be confused with Viigo, is an app that sits on your BB and allows you to talk to your BB ! You can compose, edit, and send/receive text messages and search the internet with your voice commands. You may start some of your other apps like Options and Calendar. You may compose notes and tasks to yourself. You may place calls with your voice. You still cannot play music - dang. It is steadily improving. You may also now modify Facebook and Twitter entries, whatever they are.

Doctor Neutron
    02-15-09 05:34 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD